Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt reservation 3 nights but only 2 awards were used

Old Feb 12, 2021, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Something strange happened to my reservation. So I had cat 1-4 3 free night awards and Hyatt helped me to book a reservation to use all 3 in one booking so I don't have to switch rooms. Fast forward I had to change dates, so Hyatt helped me change it for different 3 nights on different dates. I looked my profile tonight and it shows that only 2 awards were used and I have 1 more left (they combined all 3 awards in my profile). I double checked the modified reservation and it indeed shows 3 nights using FREE NIGHTS.

I’m unsure whether I’ll have issue with checking in or not given only two award nights were used for a 3-nights stay? Or I just wing it and and wait until the day of check-in to sort out any issues. Thoughts?
Old Feb 12, 2021, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flybie
Something strange happened to my reservation. So I had cat 1-4 3 free night awards and Hyatt helped me to book a reservation to use all 3 in one booking so I don't have to switch rooms. Fast forward I had to change dates, so Hyatt helped me change it for different 3 nights on different dates. I looked my profile tonight and it shows that only 2 awards were used and I have 1 more left. I double checked the modified reservation and it indeed shows 3 nights using FREE NIGHTS.

Im unsure whether Ill have issue with checking in or not given only two award nights were used for a 3-nights stay? Or I just wing it and and wait until the day of check-in to sort out any issues. Thoughts?
Just wait until you check in. And dont use the spare award before then.
flybie likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2021, 5:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Could the hotel be offering buy two get one free on stays paid with money? That could cause a confusion/error on your reservation.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 7:16 pm

Programs: IC Dia RA / Marriott LT Plat / WOH Globalist / Hilton Diamond / OZ Diamond Plus
It is likely a human or IT error. Just check-in and enjoy your stay, and wait until your stay posting on your account. If the award still there, it's yours.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.