Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Which Park Hyatt is your favorite?

Which Park Hyatt is your favorite?

Old Feb 23, 2021, 3:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globe, AA EXP, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Living_on_Points
IMHO, I would start with PH Tokyo.

Family & I love visiting both Tokyo & Kyoto.
If you have no need leaving the hotel, PH Tokyo is an outstanding choice. High rise views from your room, great F&B, wonderful Pool & Gym with a view, Spa is amazing. I understand the comments of rooms being outdated, but the service from staff has always made up for that. Always keeping us happy.

We stayed at PH Kyoto at the beginning of the pandemic, with many restrictions in place, making the F&B experience nice, but subpar. Our view from the room, towards the Pagoda, was wonderful and the staff was exceptional, even being more personal in their style to our liking. If a spa is a part of your expectations, PH Kyoto will disappoint. My Family still ranks this as one the best stays ever.

PH Paris is also on my bucket list.

I hope you get a chance to experience all three properties!
Good to hear! I had a Governor's suite at the PH Tokyo and Park suite at the PH Kyoto booked. Ive been hyping this trip so much to my wife (had ANA suites as the cherry on top). Hopefully we'll be able to go in 2022.

As an aside, I really want to check out Niseko both to ski Japow and check out the PH there (the architecture looks amazing). Can't quite convince my wife to fly to the opposite side of the world to ski just yet.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 9:01 pm

Programs: CX Gold, WOH Globalist , BonVoy Plat
Been to a few, I would say
Busan, kyoto, Dubai, Sydney, shanghai, bangkok
but these aint bad either
tokyo, Vienna, Milan, Doha, suzhou, hangzhou
didnt like the Changbaishan one tho
ACR2013 likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 9:38 am

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Just completed my first PH stay since 2019 yesterday at at the PH in Washington DC in a Georgetown Suite. I was quickly reminded how much I like the brand. Such a timeless, comfortable residential style.

I fear the day this hotel gets a major renovation.

Last edited by schriste; Mar 30, 2022 at 10:16 am
Old Mar 29, 2022, 10:51 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Only stayed at 3 so far

1. PH Tokyo
2. PH Abu Dhabi
​​​​​..
#? PH NY ( absolutely the worst)
Old Mar 30, 2022, 7:15 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM (Former PM)
Been to 3 as well.

1. PH Kyoto
2. PH Tokyo
3. PH New York
Gertjaars likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
I've stayed at the PHs in Tokyo, Sydney, Saigon, NYC, Shanghai and Paris. My favorites have been Tokyo and Saigon for the service and breakfasts, Shanghai for the view and Sydney for the Opera House view and location. I liked the breakfasts in Paris a lot, but beyond that consider both it and NYC to be somewhat over-rated properties that benefit from their hype rather than substance.
Gertjaars likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 5:37 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Any International PHs > US PHs
Old Mar 30, 2022, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by Gertjaars
Any International PHs > US PHs
I think that's true of hotels in general. You had Holiday Inns and Fairfield Inns in other parts of the world that would outshine 99% of the Hyatt Regencies in the US.

And with the pandemic I feel staff quality in the rest of the world hasn't degraded as much as it has in the US (though admittedly I haven't travelled literally the rest of the world).
Old Mar 30, 2022, 9:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; AA ExPlat; Hilton Diamond
#1 PH Tokyo - They upgraded us to the Tokyo Suite
#2 PH Sydney - Can't beat the view
#3 PH Maldives - We got the last sunset villa on the jetty plus the house reef was amazing
#4 PH Vendome - Pre-Covid breakfast was simply amazing
Old Mar 31, 2022, 1:25 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I've stayed at the PH Sydney, Melbourne, Istanbul, Jeddah, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Paris, Tokyo, Maldives, NYC, DC, Milan, Saigon, Bangkok and the Hyatt Hotel Canberra. PH is one of my favourite brands alongside St Regis and FS.

Of these I would say my favourites are:

1) PH SYD - The Rooftop Suite and Sydney Harbour are spectacular
2) PH Maldives - It gives the essence and soul of the Maldives without being over the top. Also for the house reef which beds the Red Sea and GBR.
3) PH SGN - Absolutely stunning and spectacular service.
4) PH AUH - The Prince Villa with private pool is the epitome of personal luxury.
5) PH IST - The Diplomatic Suite Istanbul was special.
6) PH NYC - We received two West Side Suites during UN GA and felt ultra modern.

I was underwhelmed by Tokyo and CBR remains poorly maintained. PH BKK is all style abs no substance, checked out after one night and will never return.

Last edited by m0hamed; Mar 31, 2022 at 11:58 pm
Old Mar 31, 2022, 6:26 am

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
My PH stays - DC, Tokyo, Zurich, BA, Bangkok, Dubai, Busan, Abu Dhabi, Saigon, Istanbul, Paris, Shanghai

Favs of those - Shanghai, Istanbul, Saigon, Paris
Old Mar 31, 2022, 7:27 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
My favorite:
1. PH Tokyo = PH Maldives
3. PH Vienna
4. PH Moscow = PH Buenos Aires
6. PH Washington D.C. = PH Bangkok
8. PH Hamburg
Old Mar 31, 2022, 10:21 am

PH Shanghai & Sydney.

Paris would have been there but my recent experience was less than stellar. And, y'all know the saying, you can do 99 good things for someone but if you mess up #100, that's what they'll remember--you're only as good as your last at bat.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 10:41 am

Programs: LH, WoH, Bonvoy, ALL, SH-L
I'm surprised to see so many people mention the PH Shanghai. In my opinion, the PH Beijing has views that are just as good, but it is in a better location, has far superior suites, and a better pool (for swimming). I've also found elite and repeat guest recognition to be better.

Have the PH Shanghai fans not stayed at the PH Beijing or what's the reason for the frequent mentions?
Old Mar 31, 2022, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by Hydro88
I'm surprised to see so many people mention the PH Shanghai. In my opinion, the PH Beijing has views that are just as good, but it is in a better location, has far superior suites, and a better pool (for swimming). I've also found elite and repeat guest recognition to be better.

Have the PH Shanghai fans not stayed at the PH Beijing or what's the reason for the frequent mentions?
Beijing has been on my to-do list, and I always thought, "I'll go there after work is less hectic." Well, I may have blown my shot but the next chance I get, I'm headed there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.