Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Did Hyatt give me 5 more nights than earned...?

Old Feb 4, 21, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Wondering if anyone can help me figure this out. I've signed up for the new WOH CC in 12/2020 (giving me 10 nights). I used pts to book 9 nights w/the 2x promotions which gives me 18 nights (now a total of 28 nights). Then I used cash & booked 14 nights stays (another 28 nights) which would total 56 nights. At this moment, I have not yet reached $5,000 in my WOH CC. So my question is, how did I end up with 61 qaulifying nights in my acct.? Any ideas?
Old Feb 4, 21, 9:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Did you have stays in November/December?
Old Feb 4, 21, 9:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JackE View Post
Did you have stays in November/December?
No I didn't. The only thing I just thought of now that comes closest to the possibility is I had the old Hyatt card previously and had it cancelled in 11/2020. But I don't recall the legacy Hyatt card comes with 5 qualify nights and even if it did, it shouldn't have carried over to 2021.
Old Feb 4, 21, 9:34 pm

Who cares. Bank error in your favor, collect 5 eqns.
Cat88L3 likes this.
Old Feb 4, 21, 9:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AndyKehn View Post
Who cares. Bank error in your favor, collect 5 eqns.
Actually the error may not work in my favor as it gave me the cat.1-7 cert. 4 months earlier than I had planned it so now it’ll expire in Aug rather than Dec. & with progress of how pandemic is pacing, I may not truly utilize the cert in the next 6 months (unless they extend again if pandemic doesn’t improve)
Old Feb 5, 21, 12:01 am

It's not like Hyatt can deduct eqns from your account. And it's likely all certs issues this year will be extended at some point. No need to sweat.
mcgahat likes this.
Old Feb 5, 21, 8:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, DL PM
Those are your 5 annual nights for holding the WoH card.
Old Feb 5, 21, 9:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Sometimes errors are found after a lot of time has elapses, do don't count on those 5 nights giving a status level, etc. that matters to you. If it's corrected near or after the end of the year, suddenly losing 5 nights could make a big difference that cannot be fixed (for example by a mattress run) in time.
Old Feb 5, 21, 11:23 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (HT BD), several others
Originally Posted by TIGRIS23 View Post
signed up for the new WOH CC in 12/2020 (giving me 10 nights)...
Same for me, card approved end of December and 5 “Chase Credit Card Night Credits Bonus” posted to WOH account 3 times (15 total), Jan 1, Jan 1 and middle of January. I naively called WOH to ask, they were clueless. I posted about it on the HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE thread, best reply was “This is one of those situations where I would just stay quiet and be thankful for the extra 5 night. It's likely that one of the three 2021 postings of 5 nights should have been a 2020 posting. You probably won't get an answer from anyone that can definitively say - and I would not suggest asking Chase or Hyatt to look into it unless you're looking for them to take away 5 nights from you!”

FWIW, I think the extra 5 that (Chase probably gave me) posted in 2021, SHOULD have posted in 2020 but posted in 2021 due to approval at end of the month OR are the 5 that EVERY WOH credit card holder receives every year. (I did have “Chase Credit Card Night Credits Bonus” post on Dec 31 but the website does not specify the number of nights and I did not note the number.)
Old Feb 6, 21, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LowValueCustomer View Post
Those are your 5 annual nights for holding the WoH card.
No, new WOH card holders get 10 nights with the promotion when I signed up in Dec.2020.
Old Feb 6, 21, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Sometimes errors are found after a lot of time has elapses, do don't count on those 5 nights giving a status level, etc. that matters to you. If it's corrected near or after the end of the year, suddenly losing 5 nights could make a big difference that cannot be fixed (for example by a mattress run) in time.
That's a good note...I'll make sure not to rely on that extra 5 nights to reach my 60 nights.
Old Feb 6, 21, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski View Post
Same for me, card approved end of December and 5 “Chase Credit Card Night Credits Bonus” posted to WOH account 3 times (15 total), Jan 1, Jan 1 and middle of January. I naively called WOH to ask, they were clueless. I posted about it on the HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE thread, best reply was “This is one of those situations where I would just stay quiet and be thankful for the extra 5 night. It's likely that one of the three 2021 postings of 5 nights should have been a 2020 posting. You probably won't get an answer from anyone that can definitively say - and I would not suggest asking Chase or Hyatt to look into it unless you're looking for them to take away 5 nights from you!”

FWIW, I think the extra 5 that (Chase probably gave me) posted in 2021, SHOULD have posted in 2020 but posted in 2021 due to approval at end of the month OR are the 5 that EVERY WOH credit card holder receives every year. (I did have “Chase Credit Card Night Credits Bonus” post on Dec 31 but the website does not specify the number of nights and I did not note the number.)
New WOH cc sign ups get 10 qualify nights which doesn't post all at once. They were posting it 5 nights at a time. But sounds like they did give you an extra 5 nights--like me. As previous post suggested, I won't count on this 'free extra 5' nights towards my 60 nights goal.
Old Feb 6, 21, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

New WOH cc sign ups get 10 qualify nights which doesn't post all at once. They were posting it 5 nights at a time. But sounds like they did give you an extra 5 nights--like me. As previous post suggested, I won't count on this 'free extra 5' nights towards my 60 nights goal.

I reached out to Hyatt Con.on Twitter and was actually hoping they might be able to take away the 5 nights...but this is their explanation—which is still confusing: “Hello! Yes you are correct. When you opened the World of Hyatt Card, you had a promotion that was to give you 10 nights in 2020 and 10 for 2021. It looks like 5 of the ones for 2020 actually posted this year, and that's what you are seeing.”
Old Feb 6, 21, 7:09 pm

I reached out to Hyatt Con.on Twitter and was actually hoping they might be able to take away the 5 nights...but this is their explanation—which is still confusing: “Hello! Yes you are correct. When you opened the World of Hyatt Card, you had a promotion that was to give you 10 nights in 2020 and 10 for 2021. It looks like 5 of the ones for 2020 actually posted this year, and that's what you are seeing.”
I also received this extra 5 nights on the credit card this year (in addition to the 10 already promised by the special end of 2020 Hyatt card offer). This was on multiple accounts in the family.

This appears to be a bug in Hyatt's system. From reading on posts in the forum, many other people received the extra 5 nights this year too. Supposedly some even received +10 extra nights, but that seems less believable.

Please don't agitate Hyatt to have them taken away. Some of us do appreciate the extra 5 nights and could use them. If you don't need it, just ignore the buggy extra 5 nights in your planning.
Old Feb 6, 21, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ckpeter View Post
I also received this extra 5 nights on the credit card this year (in addition to the 10 already promised by the special end of 2020 Hyatt card offer). This was on multiple accounts in the family.

This appears to be a bug in Hyatt's system. From reading on posts in the forum, many other people received the extra 5 nights this year too. Supposedly some even received +10 extra nights, but that seems less believable.

Please don't agitate Hyatt to have them taken away. Some of us do appreciate the extra 5 nights and could use them. If you don't need it, just ignore the buggy extra 5 nights in your planning.
no worries...I stopped communicating with them on this topic after I got that explanation I may shoot for 70 now then
ckpeter likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: