Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Wyndhurst Manor & Club REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2021, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC

Didn't see a distinct thread for this property - think it deserves one as while it shares grounds w/Miraval, it's a totally different option & experience..

Overall - nice stay here, would recommend & re-visit in the future. Ignoring the Miraval connection for a second, it's a good jumping off point for ski resorts in the winter and enjoying the Berkshires arts community & other outdoors during warmer months. 25K points is expensive now (when rates are $200 or so), but in the summer, when $400+, a decent redemption value.

Observations:
  • Globalist breakfast was good - currently room service only. Front desk said "you get the continental" ($29 value but not the full Glob breakfast many of us are used to)...when I called they said it was a $60 credit for 2, but ultimately they just wiped the charges entirely which is good
  • The Club is nice - ok indoor pool area, fantastic fitness center (tons of free weights & benches which you don't always get at a hotel property), golf simulator, and a beauty salon w/massage appointments and such
  • Did dinner at the 1894 restaurant in the Mansion - food was quite good, pretty reasonably priced too
  • Rooms - you definitely want one of the newer/refurbished cottages (got the upgrade to the 1BR suite which was nice), or the Mansion itself (has renovated rooms). The base level points redemption / cheapest rate is at the Beecher cottage, which is the older one (w/ older interior to match). Think it's worth paying a bit more to get above that room, or use a TSU
  • The bed is the same at Miraval, which is excellent...some of the furnishings & other touches are also Miraval-esque
  • They do have the Miraval day pass ($300 during the week or $350 on weekend, all-inclusive)...it's a lot but if you max out your time, you could justify it (comes with a facial or massage, you can dine at Harvest Moon for lunch, get all the free snacks & coffees at such at Roost, and can use the Mind & Body Spa all day).
  • Only real "issue" was some very thin floors (could hear people above me stomping around), and some noisy pipes / heaters and such, could be older infrastructure even though I was in a "renovated" cottage.
Side note - Daniel Boulud's "pop-up" restaurant (Cafe Boulud) 5 min away at the Blantyre is amazing...they apparently have extended the run a few times, and since they closed the city location, may be here permanently apparently. Excellent meal & well worth the special treat.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 5:50 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Do they provide globalist breakfast? Do you earn WOH points on paid stays?

do they honor globalist free parking, late checkout, resort fees?
Old Jul 10, 2021, 8:21 am

yes, yes, yes
cfabar1 likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
It’s a fantastic property and they treat Globs quite well.
cfabar1 likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 1:50 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus
Is there any nearby good ski resort?
Old Nov 6, 2021, 8:20 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold and Current Platinum, Hilton Gold
Any other recent stays? Considering a stay here next summer but data points are hard to come by.
Old Nov 6, 2021, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stmadfish
Is there any nearby good ski resort?
Jiminy Peak is ~30-40 min away and is pretty solid for East Coast skiing IMO

Originally Posted by Nash_Andrew
Any other recent stays? Considering a stay here next summer but data points are hard to come by.
What are you looking to learn? It's a great property that treats Globs well. Depending on the price can either be an amazing points redemption OR one you really only want to pay cash for (i.e., under $300).
stmadfish likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Jiminy Peak is ~30-40 min away and is pretty solid for East Coast skiing IMO

What are you looking to learn? It's a great property that treats Globs well. Depending on the price can either be an amazing points redemption OR one you really only want to pay cash for (i.e., under $300).
Thanks for getting back on this!

Would be traveling with wife and young baby. Looking for a nice summer getaway for a few days and since we’d have a baby with us doing Miraval didn’t seem to make sense (let me know if you think that is incorrect). I can’t see any pics of the pool for instance, and it looks like the only way my wife could get a massage would be through the spa package. Hard to figure out how it works… kind of seems like a tacked on half-Miraval and not sure that’s worth it.

Hope that makes sense. Appreciate your thoughts. Will be Globalist by next year. Thanks.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 7:06 am

Would be traveling with wife and young baby. Looking for a nice summer getaway for a few days and since we’d have a baby with us doing Miraval didn’t seem to make sense (let me know if you think that is incorrect). I can’t see any pics of the pool for instance, and it looks like the only way my wife could get a massage would be through the spa package. Hard to figure out how it works… kind of seems like a tacked on half-Miraval and not sure that’s worth it.

Hope that makes sense. Appreciate your thoughts. Will be Globalist by next year. Thanks.
And now realizing we couldn’t go to Miraval anyway since it’s 18+ ha.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Yeah w/Miraval you want to stay there and not leave the campus given it's all-inclusive...Wyndhurst is more of a standard hotel.

The Wyndhurst pool is part of the fitness club that some of the residents can access...IMO the gym is quite excellent, but the pool was a bit more run of the mill (and there's only an indoor one IIRC).

Correct on the spa...it's not a terrible deal for the day pass, $299 during the week and $349 weekend (if I recall correctly), includes a ~$100-$150 or so credit for the spa (it's on the site somewhere) but you also basically get to use the Miraval grounds 9am-5pm, aka multiple meals and their nice outdoor pool & such.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 8:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Announced today that this will be consumed by Miraval. A shame since it was good value to stay at the Wyndhurst and get a day pass for Miraval.
cfabar1 likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by coleslaw
Announced today that this will be consumed by Miraval. A shame since it was good value to stay at the Wyndhurst and get a day pass for Miraval.
Saw the other thread - man that is a bummer. Will be going later this month as a base for a ski trip. One last visit for me I guess.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 7:51 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by coleslaw
It's my impression that Miraval will take over part by not all of the Wyndhurst property.

Wyndhurst Manor will add the Wyndhurst Mansion’s 10 newly renovated guestrooms and suites, all named after writers, artists, and creatives of a bygone era, to the Miraval Berkshires experience. Three carriage houses with 10 additional guest accommodations and an upscale dining establishment, 1894 Fireside Bistro & Bar, named after the year the mansion was completed, will also become part of Miraval Berkshires.

From the Wyndhurst website:
https://www.wyndhurstmanorandclub.com/accommodations/

46 rooms, located throughout five distinct buildings, including Beechers, the Mansion, Griswold, Barnes, and McKinley Cottages.

It sounds as though 20 rooms are going to Miraval, which would leave 26 under Wyndhurst. Admittedly, it sounds as though the best rooms are going to Miraval.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
It's my impression that Miraval will take over part by not all of the Wyndhurst property.

Wyndhurst Manor will add the Wyndhurst Mansion’s 10 newly renovated guestrooms and suites, all named after writers, artists, and creatives of a bygone era, to the Miraval Berkshires experience. Three carriage houses with 10 additional guest accommodations and an upscale dining establishment, 1894 Fireside Bistro & Bar, named after the year the mansion was completed, will also become part of Miraval Berkshires.

From the Wyndhurst website:
https://www.wyndhurstmanorandclub.com/accommodations/

46 rooms, located throughout five distinct buildings, including Beechers, the Mansion, Griswold, Barnes, and McKinley Cottages.

It sounds as though 20 rooms are going to Miraval, which would leave 26 under Wyndhurst. Admittedly, it sounds as though the best rooms are going to Miraval.
The whole resort is converting to Miraval. I initially thought the Wyndhurst would keep those 26 rooms but reading the update from the website then speaking to the front desk about my future reservation, it appears after April 1st they are going to convert that last block of 26 rooms to a Miraval set-up as well. I guess the demand is strong for Miraval stays but it is disappointing to lose an option for a weekend getaway with the family.

https://www.wyndhurstmanorandclub.co...hurst-rebrand/
Old May 25, 2022, 2:22 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I believe the entire Wyndhurst Manor is over. Very sad to hear this. Wanted to visit last summer, never made it. Now will just have to wait for the MIraval!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.