Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Globalist best room available - including standard suites - 2021

Old Jan 30, 21, 11:20 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
Original Poster

This thread is the new version of World of Hyatt - Globalist Experiences [Best Room Available incl. Standard Suites]
Old Jan 30, 21, 2:37 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LGLO
PH Zurich, January 2021, 1 night stay, upgraded to Premium Suite Park Corner Suite.
4aks likes this.
Old Jan 30, 21, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
Hyatt Centric Waikiki Beach, Jan 2021, 2 nights, Ocean View Suite 1 King Bed
4aks likes this.
Old Jan 30, 21, 7:13 pm

Andaz San Diego, Jan., 2021, 1 night, Andaz Suite
4aks likes this.
Old Jan 30, 21, 7:14 pm

Hyatt Regency Santa Clara, Jan., 2021, 3 nights, Executive Suite
4aks likes this.
Old Jan 31, 21, 10:05 am

Programs: UA scum/0.699MM, WN ALP/CP, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National EE, Avis PC
Originally Posted by chengchl View Post
Hyatt Regency Santa Clara, Jan., 2021, 3 nights, Executive Suite
Now that's a rarity, but definitely a sign of the COVID-times. They have almost no suites and almost never give them as comps, even to return guests. I've had issues securing one even with an expiring TSU
Old Jan 31, 21, 6:08 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Park Hyatt Busan

Park Family suite. They've made the Marina and Oceanview Park suites into Premium suites.
Old Jan 31, 21, 6:13 pm

Grand Hyatt Beijing

2 nights, Club Suite King.
Old Jan 31, 21, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by jasonvr View Post
Now that's a rarity, but definitely a sign of the COVID-times. They have almost no suites and almost never give them as comps, even to return guests. I've had issues securing one even with an expiring TSU
I agree. The occupancy rate is really low these days. I guess the other reason that this can be a rarity is that they only have Executive Suites as suite room type... Probably that will limit some free upgrades or TSU when occupancy rate is high?
Old Jan 31, 21, 7:04 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
OK, so here's one I haven't had before: HR Sukhumvit in Bangkok, day-office rate, checked in online for 11AM arrival, and they sent me a message that my room is UPG'd to a suite, but won't be available until 3PM, even though checkout is 7PM.
bbbb, porphyra and mrgoodkat like this.
Old Feb 5, 21, 10:18 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; WoH Globalist (Lite); HH Diamond; QR Plat
Hyatt Regency Hua Hin

- got complimentary upgrade to a Regency Executive Suite (non-renovated) on a 2-night weekend stay. (Actually just wishing for a newly renovated room.)
Old Feb 5, 21, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rbAA View Post
OK, so here's one I haven't had before: HR Sukhumvit in Bangkok, day-office rate, checked in online for 11AM arrival, and they sent me a message that my room is UPG'd to a suite, but won't be available until 3PM, even though checkout is 7PM.
I had that suite yesterday again. First they told me - after checking me in and taking payment - that they would only have a deluxe room available this time but then after I asked to just cancel and refund it they "found" the Regency Deluxe Suite. No idea what's better about this one than the Regency Suite I have 10 days ago, it was 100% identical.
Old Feb 5, 21, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX View Post
I had that suite yesterday again. First they told me - after checking me in and taking payment - that they would only have a deluxe room available this time but then after I asked to just cancel and refund it they "found" the Regency Deluxe Suite. No idea what's better about this one than the Regency Suite I have 10 days ago, it was 100% identical.
What was the basis for asking for a refund? Did you book a higher category (day?) room than the deluxe?
Old Feb 5, 21, 7:42 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX View Post
Must have been an app issue as I arrived at 11 and the suite (the last 4 office rate stays have been -06 suites) was ready. I told them I didn't need a suite, but I guess they don't want me to mess up the bed Hahaha.
skywalkerLAX likes this.
Old Feb 5, 21, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by coleslaw View Post
What was the basis for asking for a refund? Did you book a higher category (day?) room than the deluxe?
The basis is that I'm expecting an upgrade as existing Globalist or I'll just go back home since I don't necessarily need a room in my own city. Alternatively go to the Grand Hyatt for 110 Baht more.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: