Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Globalist best room available - including standard suites - 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Globalist best room available - including standard suites - 2021

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2021, 10:38 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, BA Gold, UA Gold MM, DL SM MM, Hyatt Glob, HH Diam, Marriott Ti/LT Plat, IHG Plat
My stays thus far in 2021:

1) HR DCA/Crystal City, early January, 6-night stay: upgraded to a high-floor corner room with a runway view.
2) HH RDU/Brier Creek, late January, 3-night stay: no upgrade. Paid for and stayed in a room that was described as a suite with a den, but it was just a large room.
3) GH DFW, early February, 1-night stay: was given a room on a high floor, initially without a runway view. At check-in I requested and got a room with a runway view, although one floor lower than the "city view" room I had been assigned. I had received an email the day before from a hotel manager (Director of Rooms or of Guest Experiences, don't recall which) apologizing that no suites were available due to some construction. It was the first time in many stays that I was not upgraded to a suite at this hotel.
4) HP Sukhumvit Bangkok, February, 15-night stay: no upgrade. I had written to ask whether Globalist privileges such as upgrades would apply to "Alternative State Quarantine" (ASQ) reservations and was told that they do not, although points and qualifying nights do accrue. I paid extra for a corner room on a high floor.
5) GH Erawan, late February, 7 night stay: upgraded to a standard corner suite on the second-to-highest (21st) floor. Very low occupancy here, mostly locals on staycations, and very good rates. But I was still surprised to get such a nice suite on a week-long stay, since many of the other hotels I've stayed at during COVID time have closed down large sections of their hotels, often including the best rooms and suites, either for renovation or just to save on utilities and upkeep. One reason for the upgrade may be that I have stayed here several times a year for 25 years (except in 2020 when I stayed only once) so they know me pretty well. In fact I received a card and some flowers to congratulate me on my 200th night at the hotel. Really it's probably more like 400 or 500; their records only go back to 2010 or so.

For all these stays, except for the quarantine stay mentioned above, I paid the lowest discount rate I could find, typically the Senior Rate or an equivalent corporate rate. In no case did I use a suite upgrade award, nor did I ever request an upgrade to a suite. Out of five stays I only got one serious upgrade, but it's exactly the one I would have chosen if I had been told I could only have one out of the five.

Last edited by Assimilated Cajun; Feb 24, 2021 at 9:40 am Reason: Typographical error.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 7:41 pm

February 2021: Park Hyatt Aviara. Garden View Room on rewards upgraded to 1BR Pool View Suite.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 9:04 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Park Hyatt Bangkok - 1 night in February - got upgraded from standard room to Park Deluxe Suite 1-day in advance of arrival.
Assimilated Cajun likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 9:10 pm

Programs: Globalist, Diamond via Aspire
Right now at HR Lake Tahoe, upgraded to King family suite.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 11:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by DubSlick
HR Sacramento Valentine's Day/President's Day weekend. "Upgraded" to Capital View regular room before check in. Check in at desk, no suites available
The upgrade suite at this property (Park Capitol Suite) is not desirable IMO. It's an elbow corner, dark and loud. The best rooms IMO are the corners, which are basically junior suites. I actually prefer the ones away from the Capitol, as the windows are not well insulated and the traffic on L can be pretty loud.

Originally Posted by lAzyTraveler
HR Mission Bay - January - BRG - Marina Suite 1 King (Before check in)
HR Mission Bay - February - Long Term Stay - Marina Suite 1 King (Before check in)
Have you tried the Marina or Ocean View Suites? I've found staff at this property super accommodating in terms of room selection.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 11:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Kacee
Have you tried the Marina or Ocean View Suites? I've found staff at this property super accommodating in terms of room selection.
Yes! - Ocean View Suites! That or Corner Suite is what they usually recommend, but I wanted a 1bdrm type suite. Marina Suite is the one that has a door between the bdrm and living room so I chose this. I wish I could get the Veranda Suite but it's always unavailable when I stay there. Rooftop Suites were open, though.
Kacee likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2021, 9:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
HP Paramus - Quieter room facing the back, no significant upgrade, nor is there any at this property, I suspect. Liked the layout.
HH Shelton - No upgrade, given that a bothersome room right beside elevator
HH Virginia Beach - "Upgrade" to a higher floor. 7th floor of the 20th floor hotel. They did allow self instead of valet parking upon request
Hotel Revival Baltimore - Monument view room. Learned this property does not participate in Globalist upgrades. (!)
Old Feb 22, 2021, 9:30 pm

Grand Hyatt Abu Dhabi, 8 nights February upgraded to Grand Suite King
Old Feb 23, 2021, 12:51 am

Programs: Qatar Plat OW*E, HH Diamond, Hyatt Exp, Marriott Titanium
I'm at Hyatt Regency Dubai Creek. Booked entry room and got upgraded to Exec Suite.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 2:08 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok - 2 nights in February - got upgraded from standard twin room to Grand Executive Suite Twin 1-day in advance of arrival.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 5:57 pm

Programs: United 1K & 1MM, IHG Plat Elite, Hyatt Gold, Marriott GE, Hertz 5*, National Exec
Grand Hyatt Manchester (San Diego)
Globalist--no upgrade, standard room, once in December and again in January.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 5:27 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WOH - Globalist, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Gold
Originally Posted by fastfxr
Grand Hyatt Manchester (San Diego)
Globalist--no upgrade, standard room, once in December and again in January.
That's odd - they have a large number of suites, and with no conventions to bring in crowds, I can't imagine them all being occupied. I've always been upgraded in the past, even when hotel was nearly sold out. Did you ask for a suite at check-in?
Old Feb 27, 2021, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Premium room at Andaz Seoul. 98% occupancy and all Andaz suites bought and paid for.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 6:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Hyatt Regency Cambridge/Boston initially upgraded from base room to Queen with Balcony, ended up in a University Suite. 4 night stay Monday-Friday.

I noted that there were suites for sale and got about 4 different excuses why I couldn't be upgraded. I said I was here for the week to work and could really use the room and would wait. Eventually engineering was sent to the room to see why it was marked as unavailable and turns out it was being aired out, probably because someone had been smoking in it. I waited a bit more and by the time I got up to the room it was fine.

The university suites at this hotel are well worth a TSU in my opinion. This time I decided to try my luck since occupancy was likely to be low (it was, FD said about 10% occupancy and all Globalists :-)), but I'll use a TSU in the future. Maybe not worth the price difference if paying cash and you are a cheapskate like I am. The suite is quite large for a city hotel and both rooms have massive windows looking out on the Boston skyline at night and Charles River during the day. But there's no microwave, which made it a little difficult this week since the restaurant is closed. The bathroom is a little small for such a large suite. Hotel was like a ghost town, a bit unnerving.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 6:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, OZ Diamond
Stays at Park Hyatt Seoul and Andaz Seoul in regular room booked with points. Upgraded to Park Suite at Park Hyatt Seoul and Andaz Premium room (Andaz suites all booked).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.