Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Suite Upgrade Park Hyatt Paris booking as 2...

Suite Upgrade Park Hyatt Paris booking as 2...

Old Jan 25, 21, 10:07 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 208
Suite Upgrade Park Hyatt Paris booking as 2...

Hi all! Seems like almost everyone is aiming for Globalist stat this year. Iím aiming for 60 nights and should have that by next month. I do have a question in regards to using the standard suite upgrade at booking (w/pts). We have a young child (age 5), and looking at Hyattís website it automatically directs me to the standard suite which is 48k a night. Iím wondering if I can book as 2 ppl using pts & book the standard room at 30k and then use a suite upgrade cert. at booking to a standard suite. Would this be an issue/problem when we check in at the hotel as 3 ppl (2 adults & a child)?
TIGRIS23 is offline  
Old Jan 25, 21, 10:14 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Live: DCA; Work: Everywhere; Play: LAS/AUA/MIA/MLE
Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium/LTP (+UA Silver), National Exec Elite, mlife Noir
Posts: 4,734
Originally Posted by TIGRIS23 View Post
Hi all! Seems like almost everyone is aiming for Globalist stat this year. Iím aiming for 60 nights and should have that by next month. I do have a question in regards to using the standard suite upgrade at booking (w/pts). We have a young child (age 5), and looking at Hyattís website it automatically directs me to the standard suite which is 48k a night. Iím wondering if I can book as 2 ppl using pts & book the standard room at 30k and then use a suite upgrade cert. at booking to a standard suite. Would this be an issue/problem when we check in at the hotel as 3 ppl (2 adults & a child)?
I would book it on points for 30k, use the cert to upgrade, then email the property to let them know you have a child as well.
platbrownguy is online now  
Old Jan 26, 21, 6:57 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Washington DC
Programs: AA PRO 1MM, BA Silver, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
Posts: 1,278
Originally Posted by TIGRIS23 View Post
Iím wondering if I can book as 2 ppl using pts & book the standard room at 30k and then use a suite upgrade cert. at booking to a standard suite. Would this be an issue/problem when we check in at the hotel as 3 ppl (2 adults & a child)?
I've done this many times, book the base room for 2 adults, then when I ask my concierge to apply the TSU I also ask her to change the booking to 2A/1C in the new room type. Never a problem.
River in Sight is offline  
Old Jan 26, 21, 9:16 am
  #4  
skj
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: IAH
Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Posts: 1,388
If this is property specific, as the title indicates, it probably belongs in the Master Review thread ...

If you're planning on booking this at the Park Hyatt Paris Vendome, know that the standard suite at that property is not a true suite. The Park Suite King or Twin is just a slightly larger room with a sitting area.
MSPeconomist likes this.

Last edited by skj; Jan 26, 21 at 9:21 am
skj is offline  
Old Jan 26, 21, 10:44 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 208
Originally Posted by platbrownguy View Post
I would book it on points for 30k, use the cert to upgrade, then email the property to let them know you have a child as well.
Thanks for that tip! That makes sense!
TIGRIS23 is offline  
Old Jan 26, 21, 10:47 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 208
Originally Posted by River in Sight View Post
I've done this many times, book the base room for 2 adults, then when I ask my concierge to apply the TSU I also ask her to change the booking to 2A/1C in the new room type. Never a problem.
That sounds great! Glad to hear itís never been a problem! Asking assistance of the personal concierge didnít come to mind but thanks for that tips!
TIGRIS23 is offline  
Old Jan 26, 21, 10:49 am
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 208
Originally Posted by skj View Post
If this is property specific, as the title indicates, it probably belongs in the Master Review thread ...

If you're planning on booking this at the Park Hyatt Paris Vendome, know that the standard suite at that property is not a true suite. The Park Suite King or Twin is just a slightly larger room with a sitting area.
Yes I had the PH Paris Vendome in mind. Oh didnít know that the standard suite isnít a true suite. But thatís the only type of suite I can use the suite awards cert.towards right?
TIGRIS23 is offline  
Old Jan 26, 21, 11:17 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: RIC
Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, HH Silver
Posts: 3,280
Originally Posted by TIGRIS23 View Post
Yes I had the PH Paris Vendome in mind. Oh didnít know that the standard suite isnít a true suite. But thatís the only type of suite I can use the suite awards cert.towards right?
Correct, TSU is only for Park Suite King, which is a large room, but that allows for a rollaway bed.
CIT85 is offline  
Old Jan 26, 21, 3:03 pm
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 208
Originally Posted by CIT85 View Post
Correct, TSU is only for Park Suite King, which is a large room, but that allows for a rollaway bed.
Thanks for confirming that Cit85. I guess itís probably still better than a standard room while using 30k vs 48k. Any recommendations for a better usage of the suite upgrade cert. for Paris?
TIGRIS23 is offline  
Old Jan 26, 21, 7:24 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: RIC
Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, HH Silver
Posts: 3,280
Originally Posted by TIGRIS23 View Post
Thanks for confirming that Cit85. I guess itís probably still better than a standard room while using 30k vs 48k. Any recommendations for a better usage of the suite upgrade cert. for Paris?
You must use TSU at any of the Paris Hyatt hotels to accommodate 2 adults and child. Standard rooms are too small for rollaway. There's no question that standard award room plus TSU is much better than standard suite award. You save significant number of points.

You have to be specific on what you are looking for in Paris in order to make a decision best for you. So decision is really which hotel in Paris. Vendome area is very central and less walking with your 5 year old. Hotel Du Louvre is probably the most centrally located, being the first historic luxury hotel in modern Paris, straight down from Opera and right next to the Louvre. It's newly renovated and now Cat 6, so only 5K less than PHV. I haven't been there since the reopening, but I took a tour a year ago right before lockdown. It's more cozy than PHV. Hotel Madeleine does not accept TSU, so that's not an option.

If you're paying, then HR Etoile is a good option. It's also the only Hyatt with a Club Lounge for all day soft drinks and beer, plus evening hors d'oeuvres. But it's outside of Arc de Triomphe.
joachimm likes this.
CIT85 is offline  
Old Jan 26, 21, 8:07 pm
  #11  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 208
Originally Posted by CIT85 View Post
You must use TSU at any of the Paris Hyatt hotels to accommodate 2 adults and child. Standard rooms are too small for rollaway. There's no question that standard award room plus TSU is much better than standard suite award. You save significant number of points.

You have to be specific on what you are looking for in Paris in order to make a decision best for you. So decision is really which hotel in Paris. Vendome area is very central and less walking with your 5 year old. Hotel Du Louvre is probably the most centrally located, being the first historic luxury hotel in modern Paris, straight down from Opera and right next to the Louvre. It's newly renovated and now Cat 6, so only 5K less than PHV. I haven't been there since the reopening, but I took a tour a year ago right before lockdown. It's more cozy than PHV. Hotel Madeleine does not accept TSU, so that's not an option.

If you're paying, then HR Etoile is a good option. It's also the only Hyatt with a Club Lounge for all day soft drinks and beer, plus evening hors d'oeuvres. But it's outside of Arc de Triomphe.
Wow thanks for the breakdown! Yes I was looking at both PHV & HDL & found HDLís style to be closer to our taste though PHV is a classic which may need to be experienced.

Will take a look at HR Etoile also. Thanks again for your invaluable feedbacks!
TIGRIS23 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: