FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Suite Upgrade Park Hyatt Paris booking as 2... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/2033102-suite-upgrade-park-hyatt-paris-booking-2-a.html)

TIGRIS23 Jan 25, 2021 10:07 pm

Suite Upgrade Park Hyatt Paris booking as 2...

Hi all! Seems like almost everyone is aiming for Globalist stat this year. I’m aiming for 60 nights and should have that by next month. I do have a question in regards to using the standard suite upgrade at booking (w/pts). We have a young child (age 5), and looking at Hyatt’s website it automatically directs me to the standard suite which is 48k a night. I’m wondering if I can book as 2 ppl using pts & book the standard room at 30k and then use a suite upgrade cert. at booking to a standard suite. Would this be an issue/problem when we check in at the hotel as 3 ppl (2 adults & a child)?

platbrownguy Jan 25, 2021 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by TIGRIS23 (Post 32994863)
Hi all! Seems like almost everyone is aiming for Globalist stat this year. I’m aiming for 60 nights and should have that by next month. I do have a question in regards to using the standard suite upgrade at booking (w/pts). We have a young child (age 5), and looking at Hyatt’s website it automatically directs me to the standard suite which is 48k a night. I’m wondering if I can book as 2 ppl using pts & book the standard room at 30k and then use a suite upgrade cert. at booking to a standard suite. Would this be an issue/problem when we check in at the hotel as 3 ppl (2 adults & a child)?

I would book it on points for 30k, use the cert to upgrade, then email the property to let them know you have a child as well.

River in Sight Jan 26, 2021 6:57 am

Originally Posted by TIGRIS23 (Post 32994863)
I’m wondering if I can book as 2 ppl using pts & book the standard room at 30k and then use a suite upgrade cert. at booking to a standard suite. Would this be an issue/problem when we check in at the hotel as 3 ppl (2 adults & a child)?

I've done this many times, book the base room for 2 adults, then when I ask my concierge to apply the TSU I also ask her to change the booking to 2A/1C in the new room type. Never a problem.

skj Jan 26, 2021 9:16 am

If this is property specific, as the title indicates, it probably belongs in the Master Review thread ...

If you're planning on booking this at the Park Hyatt Paris Vendome, know that the standard suite at that property is not a true suite. The Park Suite King or Twin is just a slightly larger room with a sitting area.

TIGRIS23 Jan 26, 2021 10:44 am

Originally Posted by platbrownguy (Post 32994870)
I would book it on points for 30k, use the cert to upgrade, then email the property to let them know you have a child as well.

Thanks for that tip! That makes sense!

TIGRIS23 Jan 26, 2021 10:47 am

Originally Posted by River in Sight (Post 32995399)
I've done this many times, book the base room for 2 adults, then when I ask my concierge to apply the TSU I also ask her to change the booking to 2A/1C in the new room type. Never a problem.

That sounds great! Glad to hear it’s never been a problem! Asking assistance of the personal concierge didn’t come to mind but thanks for that tips!

TIGRIS23 Jan 26, 2021 10:49 am

Originally Posted by skj (Post 32995678)
If this is property specific, as the title indicates, it probably belongs in the Master Review thread ...

If you're planning on booking this at the Park Hyatt Paris Vendome, know that the standard suite at that property is not a true suite. The Park Suite King or Twin is just a slightly larger room with a sitting area.

Yes I had the PH Paris Vendome in mind. Oh didn’t know that the standard suite isn’t a true suite. But that’s the only type of suite I can use the suite awards cert.towards right?

CIT85 Jan 26, 2021 11:17 am

Originally Posted by TIGRIS23 (Post 32995891)
Yes I had the PH Paris Vendome in mind. Oh didn’t know that the standard suite isn’t a true suite. But that’s the only type of suite I can use the suite awards cert.towards right?

Correct, TSU is only for Park Suite King, which is a large room, but that allows for a rollaway bed.

TIGRIS23 Jan 26, 2021 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by CIT85 (Post 32995961)
Correct, TSU is only for Park Suite King, which is a large room, but that allows for a rollaway bed.

Thanks for confirming that Cit85. I guess it’s probably still better than a standard room while using 30k vs 48k. Any recommendations for a better usage of the suite upgrade cert. for Paris?

CIT85 Jan 26, 2021 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by TIGRIS23 (Post 32996498)
Thanks for confirming that Cit85. I guess it’s probably still better than a standard room while using 30k vs 48k. Any recommendations for a better usage of the suite upgrade cert. for Paris?

You must use TSU at any of the Paris Hyatt hotels to accommodate 2 adults and child. Standard rooms are too small for rollaway. There's no question that standard award room plus TSU is much better than standard suite award. You save significant number of points.

You have to be specific on what you are looking for in Paris in order to make a decision best for you. So decision is really which hotel in Paris. Vendome area is very central and less walking with your 5 year old. Hotel Du Louvre is probably the most centrally located, being the first historic luxury hotel in modern Paris, straight down from Opera and right next to the Louvre. It's newly renovated and now Cat 6, so only 5K less than PHV. I haven't been there since the reopening, but I took a tour a year ago right before lockdown. It's more cozy than PHV. Hotel Madeleine does not accept TSU, so that's not an option.

If you're paying, then HR Etoile is a good option. It's also the only Hyatt with a Club Lounge for all day soft drinks and beer, plus evening hors d'oeuvres. But it's outside of Arc de Triomphe.

TIGRIS23 Jan 26, 2021 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by CIT85 (Post 32997004)
You must use TSU at any of the Paris Hyatt hotels to accommodate 2 adults and child. Standard rooms are too small for rollaway. There's no question that standard award room plus TSU is much better than standard suite award. You save significant number of points.

You have to be specific on what you are looking for in Paris in order to make a decision best for you. So decision is really which hotel in Paris. Vendome area is very central and less walking with your 5 year old. Hotel Du Louvre is probably the most centrally located, being the first historic luxury hotel in modern Paris, straight down from Opera and right next to the Louvre. It's newly renovated and now Cat 6, so only 5K less than PHV. I haven't been there since the reopening, but I took a tour a year ago right before lockdown. It's more cozy than PHV. Hotel Madeleine does not accept TSU, so that's not an option.

If you're paying, then HR Etoile is a good option. It's also the only Hyatt with a Club Lounge for all day soft drinks and beer, plus evening hors d'oeuvres. But it's outside of Arc de Triomphe.

Wow thanks for the breakdown! Yes I was looking at both PHV & HDL & found HDL’s style to be closer to our taste though PHV is a classic which may need to be experienced.

Will take a look at HR Etoile also. Thanks again for your invaluable feedbacks!