Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

If I book the hotel use my spouse's CC, who earns the eligible stay and points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

If I book the hotel use my spouse's CC, who earns the eligible stay and points?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2021, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AndyKehn
Yeah this craig person is trying to use the t&c to spread fud. I bet their next step is to call corporate and demand an answer to prove us wrong.

Regardless of what the t&c say, the practice has always been whoever has their name on the reservation would receive the points. Stop spreading fake news. This is no difference than the whole mattress run discussion. Some sanctimonious member on ft will always cite the t&c as the holy bible and admonish people with common sense.
Speaking of sanctimonious, look in the mirror...

I'm merely pointing out that, if your points don't post because somebody else paid, you have no recourse. YMMV...
Old Jan 24, 2021, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Speaking of sanctimonious, look in the mirror...

I'm merely pointing out that, if your points don't post because somebody else paid, you have no recourse. YMMV...
Find me a single example that this ever happened? Otherwise you're exactly like I said: spreading unfounded fear and doubt for no reason except trying to act smart like you're the only reading the t&c. Spare me the bs and use some common sense.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 3:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum (LTG), Hilton Gold, United 1K, AA EXP, AS MVP 75K
The OP came looking for an answer to his specific situation. Craigthemif provided an answer citing the T&Cs. All other guest experiences are valid data points and provide some potential alternative outcomes but should be 100% viewed as YMMV.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 3:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum (LTG), Hilton Gold, United 1K, AA EXP, AS MVP 75K
Originally Posted by AndyKehn
Find me a single example that this ever happened? Otherwise you're exactly like I said: spreading unfounded fear and doubt for no reason except trying to act smart like you're the only reading the t&c. Spare me the bs and use some common sense.
Room booked in my name but employer, client pays and I do not get stay credit or points. Very common situation.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 3:54 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by tigerwong
Room booked in my name but employer, client pays and I do not get stay credit or points. Very common situation.
Did you book the stay within your WoH account, and with employer CC?
Old Jan 24, 2021, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by RedSun
Did you book the stay within your WoH account, and with employer CC?
Booked under my name and WoH account. Hotel still provided me with Globalist benefits. I also an instance where the room booked under my account for a job interview. I was able to get my concierge to give me elite credit and points after hotel refused at checkout. I’ve had this same issue with Starwood (back in the days).
Old Jan 24, 2021, 4:08 pm
Suspended

Booked under my name and WoH account. Hotel still provided me with Globalist benefits. I also an instance where the room booked under my account for a job interview. I was able to get my concierge to give me elite credit and points after hotel refused at checkout. I’ve had this same issue with Starwood (back in the days).
Other question is that, were the charges BILLED to you? Per the T&C, you'll have to be the person footing the bill.

Most of the employer/client paid stays are booked by the employer/client and with guest's loyalty number attached. The guest is never BILLED for the stay. This is totally different from booking the stays within guest's own WoH account, with employer/client's CC. Employer/client will never give out the CC info to the guest who actually stays. Often time, the guest does not even receive bills.... Hotels know so well that those stays are employer paid and guests do not receive anything even the loyalty info is attached.

Last edited by RedSun; Jan 24, 2021 at 4:26 pm
Old Jan 24, 2021, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by RedSun
Other question is that, were the charges BILLED to you? Per the T&C, you'll have to be the person footing the bill.

Most of the employer/client paid stays are booked by the employer/client and with guest's loyalty number attached. The guest is never BILLED for the stay. This is totally different from booking the stays within guest's own WoH account, with employer/client's CC. Employer/client will never give out the CC info to the guest who actually stays. Often time, the guest does not even receive bills.... Hotels know so well that those stays are employer paid and guests do not receive anything even the loyalty info is attached.
Not billed to me (although they did still slip a folio under my door most times) other than incidentals which I did place my credit card for. So that distinction is unique to this situation. I (and others) have had situations where I book a conference rate that I put my credit card down for and pay for with my own card but still do not get credit or points because it was “booked” under the conference.

Last edited by tigerwong; Jan 24, 2021 at 9:59 pm
Old Jan 24, 2021, 10:45 pm
Suspended

Not billed to me (although they did still slip a folio under my door most times) other than incidentals which I did place my credit card for. So that distinction is unique to this situation. I (and others) have had situations where I book a conference rate that I put my credit card down for and pay for with my own card but still do not get credit or points because it was “booked” under the conference.
That is exactly what the T&C states. Any booking not directly from Hyatt does not get the stay credit and points. It includes any 3rd party booking like Expedia, travel agency, employer, meeting, conference bulk rate etc. The only exception is AAA discount and other clearly stated discounts from Hyatt. Your situation are not unique. You did not book with the standard Hyatt rates and did not get the rewards.

This is very different when you book the stays from within your Hyatt account, paid with yours, your family member or your employer CC directly. The stay is billed to you and paid by you (though may not be your exact CC).
Old Jan 6, 2024, 12:42 am

I'm nervously navigating this situation for an upcoming stay. It's an expensive booking...a suite for a wedding. Groom wants to pay. Not sure if I should insist on using my own card and get reimbursed or allow him to pay with his card. We will all be there, it is possible to use my card for check-in and later switch and everything will go smoothly, but otoh maybe I won't get the credit or points and then based on the T&C I have no recourse.

Fwiw I chatted with Hyatt customer support who stated I must checkout with my own credit card or I won't receive EQN/points.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 8:29 am

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
Originally Posted by projectmaximus
We will all be there, it is possible to use my card for check-in and later switch and everything will go smoothly, but otoh maybe I won't get the credit or points and then based on the T&C I have no recourse.

Fwiw I chatted with Hyatt customer support who stated I must checkout with my own credit card or I won't receive EQN/points.
If your GP# is attached to the booking, you should be able to earn night credits and GP points. Sure, you will missed out points earned not using your own credit card. I’ve switched to my wife’s credit card on my booking when we check out and I get the points and stay credit. I have also paid for our son’s room (moved his bill to our room) and he just earned EQN for his room. T&C says we can earn points up to 3 rooms.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 9:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I've had family members pay for several bookings I made with my WoH account number attached, and I've always received the points and elite night credits. Whichever WoH number you have attached to the booking will be the one that earns points and elite night credits, regardless of method of payment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.