FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   MY Club Access Certificate on Wife's Free Night Reservation (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/2032096-my-club-access-certificate-wifes-free-night-reservation.html)

touristtrap Jan 8, 2021 8:11 am

MY Club Access Certificate on Wife's Free Night Reservation

I just received 2 Club Access Certificates (Explorist) and in about 2-3 weeks I should achieve Globalist status.
We are planning a trip to Japan later this year and we would like to use my wife's 2 Free Night Certificates at Hyatt Regency Tokyo.
The question is if I could use MY Club Access Certificates on that reservation?
Thanks.

skj Jan 8, 2021 9:36 am

Originally Posted by touristtrap (Post 32950526)
I just received 2 Club Access Certificates (Explorist) and in about 2-3 weeks I should achieve Globalist status.
We are planning a trip to Japan later this year and we would like to use my wife's 2 Free Night Certificates at Hyatt Regency Tokyo.
Thanks.

No ... from the T&Cs
" Club Lounge Access Awards are valid on nights for which the Member has paid an Eligible Rate or has redeemed points for a standard-room Free Night Award, Suite Free Night Award, or a Points + Cash Award, up to a maximum of seven (7) consecutive nights. Not valid in connection with any Free Night Award other than those identified above, including, without limitation, Hyatt-branded Credit Card premium and anniversary Free Night Awards, 5-brand Free Night Awards, Category 1-4 Free Night Awards (defined below), or any other promotional Free Night Award."

Since you say "we" and you'll be a Glob, why would you need to use the lounge access award ?

CIT85 Jan 8, 2021 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by skj (Post 32950763)
Since you say "we" and you'll be a Glob, why would you need to use the lounge access award ?

I think OP can have his wife make reservation in his name using the free night certs (reverse GOH?) thus getting full Globalist benefits?

skj Jan 8, 2021 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by CIT85 (Post 32951616)
I think OP can have his wife make reservation in his name using the free night certs (reverse GOH?) thus getting full Globalist benefits?

That's true. The reservation can be made in the OP's name. This is called "gifting" in the WoH T&Cs. The OP's name and WoH number can also be added as a second guest to a reservation in the wife's name and this should enable Glob benefits.

touristtrap Jan 8, 2021 6:27 pm

"Since you say "we" and you'll be a Glob, why would you need to use the lounge access award ?"

I will be Globalist but my wife is Discoverist with 2 Free Night Certificates which we plan to use. I doubt my Globalist status could give us Club access on her reservation.

Sorry, I did not see another posts before writing this one. Thanks for your advice.

CoffeeTraveler Jan 9, 2021 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by touristtrap (Post 32950526)
Thanks.

Consider instead using combine Hyatt points process to make the booking under your name with Globalist perks, if being short on points is the reason.

Btw, if you're going in April we might see you there. I'm just about to hit Globalist in support of a two week trip we have planned in April to Osaka and Tokyo. Booked last year on the crazy $220 round-trip fares out of PIT. Fingers crossed for Japan opening by then.

myperks Jan 9, 2021 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by CIT85 (Post 32951616)

Originally Posted by skj (Post 32951651)
That's true. The reservation can be made in the OP's name. This is called "gifting" in the WoH T&Cs. The OP's name and WoH number can also be added as a second guest to a reservation in the wife's name and this should enable Glob benefits.

Can one actually make a reservation on a non-globalist account free night certificate in the globalist name? If yes, how does one do this?

Originally Posted by CoffeeTraveler (Post 32954945)
Consider instead using combine Hyatt points process to make the booking under your name with Globalist perks, if being short on points is the reason.

Btw, if you're going in April we might see you there. I'm just about to hit Globalist in support of a two week trip we have planned in April to Osaka and Tokyo. Booked last year on the crazy $220 round-trip fares out of PIT. Fingers crossed for Japan opening by then.

Japan opening to general tourists before the delayed Summer Olympics is highly unlikely. I would have a backup plan.

CoffeeTraveler Jan 9, 2021 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by myperks (Post 32955142)
Japan opening to general tourists before the delayed Summer Olympics is highly unlikely. I would have a backup plan.

Yes, I know. I booked tickets quite a while ago when things looked less dire. I have all the hotel bookings on points so that it's easy to cancel last minute with no penalties. Remains to be seen what the airline will do, but I'm hoping maybe the flights can be rebooted at a later date if one or more legs gets cancelled. Worst case scenario is we end up with some travel funds.

sch_flyer Jan 9, 2021 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by myperks (Post 32955142)
Can one actually make a reservation on a non-globalist account free night certificate in the globalist name? If yes, how does one do this?

If you have a concierge, they can do it - you just need to provide the other party's WOH account info. If you don't have one, calling the glob line or contacting HyattConcierge on Twitter can accomplish this. Do it all the time with my wife's certs. The catch is that the Globalist needs to be the one staying - you can't make this reservation for someone else.

You can also combine their certs with your own on a single reservation.

touristtrap Jan 10, 2021 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by sch_flyer (Post 32955280)
If you have a concierge, they can do it - you just need to provide the other party's WOH account info. If you don't have one, calling the glob line or contacting HyattConcierge on Twitter can accomplish this. Do it all the time with my wife's certs. The catch is that the Globalist needs to be the one staying - you can't make this reservation for someone else.

You can also combine their certs with your own on a single reservation.

Thanks. That was the answer I was hoping for. I appreciate everyone's help.

skywalkerLAX Jan 10, 2021 2:12 pm

Gifting of certs is not officially allowed. Not saying it won't work but there can be complications.

skj Jan 10, 2021 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX (Post 32957000)
Gifting of certs is not officially allowed. Not saying it won't work but there can be complications.

Free night certificates can be gifted, but not lounge access awards. From the T&Cs ...

13. Gifting an Award. Members may request that certain awards be issued to another person. Free Night Awards, certain Room Upgrade Awards, and Points + Cash Awards are currently eligible to be gifted to another person, as permitted under this provision. Club Lounge Access Awards (defined below), Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards (defined below), and non-stay awards (such as Dining, Spa and More Awards) are currently not eligible for gifting.

CIT85 Jan 10, 2021 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX (Post 32957000)

Not true. I have gifted Cat 1-4 cert to my daughter as GOH by calling in Globalist line.

The scenario being discussed is not technically gifting either. Globalist and cert owner are staying, and Globalist name is added to reservation resulting in Globalist benefits.

myperks Jan 10, 2021 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by CIT85 (Post 32957075)
Not true. I have gifted Cat 1-4 cert to my daughter as GOH by calling in Globalist line.

The scenario being discussed is not technically gifting either. Globalist and cert owner are staying, and Globalist name is added to reservation resulting in Globalist benefits.

so to confirm, a globalist can gift a non globalist a free night certificate and still apply GOH benefits without globalist staying?

CIT85 Jan 10, 2021 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by myperks (Post 32957108)
so to confirm, a globalist can gift a non globalist a free night certificate and still apply GOH benefits without globalist staying?

Yes, that is part of Guest of Honor benefits as Globalist. Another reason why World of Hyatt Globalist is valuable.