FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Hyatt Visa spend help (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/2031391-hyatt-visa-spend-help.html)

Jonesdds Dec 29, 2020 12:21 pm

Hyatt Visa spend help

Maybe I'm overthinking but I find it very difficult to get an affirmative answer from Hyatt and Chase of where I am as far as spending and free nights earned. I'm going to be very close to 50 nights, I see value in spending to get there for the 2 suite upgrades.
My statement date is 23rd so I'm looking at Nov 24-Dec 23 2019 to see how much if any of that "rolled over" into 2020. And to be clear, all my spend that pay period, if earned any night credits, would show on my Hyatt account shortly after the 23rd(usually one or two days after). Is that correct? The problem, though, is if I spent say $6500 that statement period, I'd get 2 nights and $1500 left over. But it's not as simple as that as that same thing happened from the beginning of the year statement period by statement period. So how can I even know how much "rolled over" after the December 23 statement date?

If I spent nothing from Dec 24-31 2019 and then Jan 1-23 spent say $4000 then I'd earn whatever amt night credit for $4000, plus $1500 plus whatever the rolled over amount was from previous Oct 24-Nov 23 period and I'd earn at least 2 nights towards 2020 status, correct?

It's too bad Chase reps have no clue how to truly check this, to simplify it. Any tips on an easy way to figure this out appreciated.

beachfan Dec 29, 2020 3:07 pm

AFAIK, not possible unless you started keeping track from when you opened the card,.

martinplas Dec 29, 2020 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by Jonesdds (Post 32921580)
Maybe I'm overthinking but I find it very difficult to get an affirmative answer from Hyatt and Chase of where I am as far as spending and free nights earned. I'm going to be very close to 50 nights, I see value in spending to get there for the 2 suite upgrades.
My statement date is 23rd so I'm looking at Nov 24-Dec 23 2019 to see how much if any of that "rolled over" into 2020. And to be clear, all my spend that pay period, if earned any night credits, would show on my Hyatt account shortly after the 23rd(usually one or two days after). Is that correct? The problem, though, is if I spent say $6500 that statement period, I'd get 2 nights and $1500 left over. But it's not as simple as that as that same thing happened from the beginning of the year statement period by statement period. So how can I even know how much "rolled over" after the December 23 statement date?

If I spent nothing from Dec 24-31 2019 and then Jan 1-23 spent say $4000 then I'd earn whatever amt night credit for $4000, plus $1500 plus whatever the rolled over amount was from previous Oct 24-Nov 23 period and I'd earn at least 2 nights towards 2020 status, correct?

It's too bad Chase reps have no clue how to truly check this, to simplify it. Any tips on an easy way to figure this out appreciated.

download the Chase App and go to your Hyatt card. Then scroll down until you see the All Transaction link. Once there at the top of the page are two tabs. All transactions and Spending Summary. . Spending Summary may help you

SHLTP Dec 29, 2020 7:09 pm

I'm having the same problem. I think I just crossed 5000 spending which will give me 2 nights for 2020 which I don't want or need. I'd much rather have for 2021 to requalify easily for Globalist.

I couldn't find out how close I was to 5000. I saw annual summary but that doesn't say when my last 5k milestone was passed.

I wish it were easier to track. It was stupid for me to pay for something in 2020 that I could've used w a different card. I wasn't thinking

Cara332 Dec 29, 2020 7:53 pm

I have the same question and came here to look for answers. I will probably have about $2k of spend after receiving 2 qualifying nights after my last statement cut earlier in December. On Chase’s website it says, “World of Hyatt Tier-Qualifying Night credits will be credited to the calendar year in which the spend occurred.”

Does that mean this spend won’t count towards the $5k? I’m confused by that language.

CIT85 Dec 29, 2020 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by SHLTP (Post 32922562)
I'm having the same problem. I think I just crossed 5000 spending which will give me 2 nights for 2020 which I don't want or need. I'd much rather have for 2021 to requalify easily for Globalist.

I couldn't find out how close I was to 5000. I saw annual summary but that doesn't say when my last 5k milestone was passed.

I wish it were easier to track. It was stupid for me to pay for something in 2020 that I could've used w a different card. I wasn't thinking

I don’t think your crossing $5000 spend threshold late December before statement closing is going to earn the 2 nights credit in 2020. The bonus nights are posted after the payment due date.. My closing date is the 5th of the month and payment due date is the 2nd of the following month. My bonus nights only post 3-4 days after payment due date (auto pay so I don’t pay early), and bonus nights post 1-2 days later.

myperks Dec 29, 2020 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by CIT85 (Post 32922741)
I don’t think your crossing $5000 spend threshold late December before statement closing is going to earn the 2 nights credit in 2020. The bonus nights are posted after the payment due date.. My closing date is the 5th of the month and payment due date is the 2nd of the following month. My bonus nights only post 3-4 days after payment due date (auto pay so I don’t pay early), and bonus nights post 1-2 days later.

According to the wiki in the WOH card thread:

“For World of Hyatt status qualification purposes, the night credits are associated with the posting date of the triggering transaction, not the statement closing date. For example, December 2020 transactions with posting dates during billing cycles ending in January 2021 will count toward the 2020 status year, not 2021.”

I’m waiting until January 2021 to cross $5k because of this although would have been nice to prepay some Amazon credits at 5x points, but I’m super close to next $5k that I put away the card for now :)

azepine00 Dec 30, 2020 10:02 am

I always thought it was purely calendar year independent of billing cycle. If one has dec 15- jan 15 cycle whatever is spent prior to dec 31 is added to current year then counter resets to 0 and starts all over with Jan spend.
Don't know if true or not - chase/ hyatt are not making it easy to understand

CIT85 Dec 30, 2020 10:26 am

The uncertainty makes it difficult to decide what to do at end of December. I just did a 1 night stay at a Cat 1 HP on points so that my own record will show 70 nights and earn 10K points for milestone award. If my CC spend in December results in additional 2 nights from Chase CC, then those extra 2 nights will be "wasted" and I'll have spent 3750 points (after 25% rebate) unnecessarily. But I am taking care of business affirmatively, leaving nothing to chance.

yachtmaster2017 Dec 31, 2020 7:01 pm

I had the same inquiry to Chase and the agent stated it was calendar year, not anniversary year....but I'm not entirely confident in his response.

DroppedSon Jan 1, 2021 12:35 am

I'll report back in two weeks with the results. Spent >15k in December 2020 on my WoH card, and my statement cuts January 8th. It'll be pretty noticeable whether the nights post in 2020 or 2021.

beachfan Jan 1, 2021 3:08 am

Originally Posted by azepine00 (Post 32923954)
I always thought it was purely calendar year independent of billing cycle. If one has dec 15- jan 15 cycle whatever is spent prior to dec 31 is added to current year then counter resets to 0 and starts all over with Jan spend.
Don't know if true or not - chase/ hyatt are not making it easy to understand

no reset to zero.

if your counter is st $4999 on 12/31/20, spending $2 on1/2/21 gets you 2 2021 elite night credits for crossing $5k

statement close date is irrelevant.

orca1114 Jan 1, 2021 7:29 am

Originally Posted by beachfan (Post 32928363)
no reset to zero.

if your counter is st $4999 on 12/31/20, spending $2 on1/2/21 gets you 2 2021 elite night credits for crossing $5k

I can confirm that this is indeed correct. We would all, of course, love to see a spend counter added to track progress towards EQNs and Cat 1-4 certs... maybe one day the tech will be created and implemented, but for now, it is up to the consumer to track individual spending.

UA-NYC Jan 1, 2021 8:14 am

Originally Posted by beachfan (Post 32928363)
no reset to zero.

Is there any easy way to retroactively confirm nights did post in 2020, if one crossed a threshold in Dec, besides manually contacting Hyatt?

yachtmaster2017 Jan 1, 2021 9:56 am

(reposting, my message didn't post, hopefully not duplicating) :

I woke this morning with 0. I had 26. I have the Chase Hyatt Card as well. I'll assume this is just a time/process thing, hopefully it shall be reflected accurately in a few days.

Anyone else at 0 with the Chase Hyatt Card in hand, USA?