Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt DFW Overnnight Layover Question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2020, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, BonVoy Gold, BW Diamond, RR Premium

Hi all, sorry if this has been asked, but I have spent the last 30 mins trying to find the answer. I have an overnight at DFW and finally get to stay at the Grand Hyatt--a dream since it opened and I lived in Texas. I am coming in from Mexico, so I assume that means I will have to gather bags and exit security first, yes? Looking at the restaurant menu, I don't really want to eat there. Will my boarding pass for the next afternoon allow me back into Terminal D if I want to hit up the 7-11 for some soft drinks and a restaurant inside the terminal? Are there any options between existing customs and the Hyatt? I am Pre-Check, though I doubt that matters. It probably won't be busy anyway, but this never even occurred to me.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by travelingdrsuz
I am coming in from Mexico, so I assume that means I will have to gather bags and exit security first, yes?
Yes. Once you clear customs & immigration, you'll have to exit into the non sterile area.

Will my boarding pass for the next afternoon allow me back into Terminal D if I want to hit up the 7-11 for some soft drinks and a restaurant inside the terminal? Are there any options between existing customs and the Hyatt? I am Pre-Check, though I doubt that matters. It probably won't be busy anyway, but this never even occurred to me.
Generally, TSA doesn't allow passengers into the sterile area with a next day boarding passes. There are some exceptions (in my experience, pre covid, JFK T4 & SFO) overnight bps may allow entrance if within 24 hours and for early morning flights; and, even then, it's generally late in the evenings where they'll be open to it.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 2:15 pm

Programs: WN CP & A-List, National ES
I remember reading that the GH DFW may have passes to offer guests for getting through TSA to shop and dine airside in the terminal. It may be outdated but worth asking the property.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by kpott
I remember reading that the GH DFW may have passes to offer guests for getting through TSA to shop and dine airside in the terminal. It may be outdated but worth asking the property.
I'm pretty sure they stopped the passes during covid.

OP, the restaurant at GH DFW really is very good, and the ambience is nice. Even if it's not your usual jam, I'd recommend giving it a whirl.
DC9 likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
OP, the restaurant at GH DFW really is very good, and the ambience is nice. Even if it's not your usual jam, I'd recommend giving it a whirl.
Agreed. Sit in the lounge area and enjoy options from both the bar and restaurant menus.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, BonVoy Gold, BW Diamond, RR Premium
Hi all, thank you! Diet Coke addict here who hates the options in other countries too. I was hoping for a big fountain drink from 7-11 in Term D as well as some creature comforts. It worked. AA was useless, but TSA was terribly kind. Of course, I had to throw out all my liquids, but when I said "they wouldn't let me check my bag," TSA said, "American?" It must happen a lot. So they were willing to check my gigantic, actually 62 linear inches to the tee, Delsey, and send me back through. I am now drinking a big fizzy fountain Diet Coke, enjoying a runway view from a high floor, and will probably also order a small room service order. After all, it's Christmas.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Hi all, thank you! Diet Coke addict here who hates the options in other countries too. I was hoping for a big fountain drink from 7-11 in Term D as well as some creature comforts. It worked. AA was useless, but TSA was terribly kind. Of course, I had to throw out all my liquids, but when I said "they wouldn't let me check my bag," TSA said, "American?" It must happen a lot. So they were willing to check my gigantic, actually 62 linear inches to the tee, Delsey, and send me back through. I am now drinking a big fizzy fountain Diet Coke, enjoying a runway view from a high floor, and will probably also order a small room service order. After all, it's Christmas.
The GH couldn't get you a Diet Coke? Merry Christmas!
Old Jan 1, 2021, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Delta Platinum, Marriott Gold Elite
Agreed--the restaurant is top notch!
Old Jan 3, 2021, 8:50 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
The GH couldn't get you a Diet Coke? Merry Christmas!
I believe Hyatts in the US have Pepsi products.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 9:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
Glad it worked for you — also, you can now get a 7-11 order delivered from Uber, grub hub etc -I’ve not tried it myself, but see the ads

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.