Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Unlimited Suite Upgrades for Globalist

Old Dec 18, 20, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Hi All,

Considering going for the Globalist status as many are due to Hyatt's promotions. Just quick question on suite upgrades at check in: Do you have to be proactive in asking for suite upgrades everytime you check in or does the hotel front desk, seeing you as Globalist, will offer suite upgrades if available? Thanks!
Old Dec 18, 20, 1:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TIGRIS23 View Post
Hi All,

Considering going for the Globalist status as many are due to Hyatt's promotions. Just quick question on suite upgrades at check in: Do you have to be proactive in asking for suite upgrades everytime you check in or does the hotel front desk, seeing you as Globalist, will offer suite upgrades if available? Thanks!
It varies. I definitely have had a number of times where I was proactively upgraded. In cases where I wasn't (and I cared about the upgrade) I asked at the front desk if suite "X" was available (after checking online that it was) and asked for that as a globalist upgrade. That usually works.
Old Dec 18, 20, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Good to know, thanks for that info James!

Originally Posted by jameswes View Post
It varies. I definitely have had a number of times where I was proactively upgraded. In cases where I wasn't (and I cared about the upgrade) I asked at the front desk if suite "X" was available (after checking online that it was) and asked for that as a globalist upgrade. That usually works.
Old Dec 18, 20, 3:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I always ask. Always. And if there are any available, I say thank you for checking and smile.

​​​​​​
Old Dec 18, 20, 3:12 pm

Do "Member Only" hotels associated to Hyatt recognize Hyatt status?

Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 18, 20, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

That's good tips, SHLTP. Thx!

Originally Posted by SHLTP View Post
I always ask. Always. And if there are any available, I say thank you for checking and smile.

​​​​​​
Old Dec 18, 20, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
The good hotels pre-upgrade you. Some random cookie cutter hotels tend to avoid this and often don't upgrade at all unless you push for it.
Old Dec 18, 20, 3:31 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by MarkNoThanks View Post
Do "Member Only" hotels associated to Hyatt recognize Hyatt status?

Thanks in advance.
Member Only properties are SLH properties. According to the T&Cs ...

"PLEASE NOTE: Standard World of Hyatt benefits are not included with stays at Small Luxury Hotels of the World (SLH). This includes complimentary parking on free night awards, club lounge access, complimentary bottled water, waived Resort or Facility fees and more."

Some here on FT have claimed to received some benefits based on their status, but in my experience at 2 SLH properties, they said they couldn't see my WoH status.
Old Dec 18, 20, 5:19 pm

That is such a misleading thread title.
Old Dec 18, 20, 9:28 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Any upgrade is at the hotel's discretion.
Old Dec 19, 20, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
Any upgrade is at the hotel's discretion.
Really not true. They are obligated to upgrade you if a standard suite is available for the duration of your stay at the time of check in.

Of course, they can prioritize/pre-assign others in front of you (making nothing available) and thatís essentially discretion.

Given all the new ďGlob litesĒ coming aboard this next year I suspect this kind of prioritization will become much more common. After all - every Glob has a secret code attached to them (VIP1, 2, 3, etc) and hopefully these new folks will get the lowest code and the lowest priority over those of us that have spent real $$$ with Hyatt.
Old Dec 19, 20, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon View Post
That is such a misleading thread title.
Why? Unlimited suite upgrades for Globs is real and the frequency can be quite high. Marriott (where itís mostly a myth) and Hyatt are NOT the same.
Old Dec 19, 20, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by txhyattlvr View Post
Why? Unlimited suite upgrades for Globs is real and the frequency can be quite high. Marriott (where itís mostly a myth) and Hyatt are NOT the same.
assuming one only gets upgrades at 1 in 5 Marriott properties, but Marriott has 5x more properties, so itís about the same...
Old Dec 19, 20, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by myperks View Post
assuming one only gets upgrades at 1 in 5 Marriott properties, but Marriott has 5x more properties, so itís about the same...
What kind of stupid logic is that? The apples to apples is general upgrade percentage and total nights stayed.
noneemac likes this.
Old Dec 19, 20, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by myperks View Post
That's terrible logic. You're not staying at 5 hotels every night. So your chance of upgrade at an individual Marriott or Hyatt has nothing to do with the number of Marriott or Hyatt properties. Now if you're saying that there are places you can only find Marriott but not Hyatt, I can see somewhat an argument, albeit a bad one. In those rural areas you're looking for "upgrades" at Fairfield or Courtyard which means absolutely nothing. I can't think of a desirable location in the US that has no Hyatt alternative.
noneemac likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: