Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Unlimited Suite Upgrades for Globalist

Unlimited Suite Upgrades for Globalist

Old Dec 18, 20, 1:40 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 208
Unlimited Suite Upgrades for Globalist

Hi All,

Considering going for the Globalist status as many are due to Hyatt's promotions. Just quick question on suite upgrades at check in: Do you have to be proactive in asking for suite upgrades everytime you check in or does the hotel front desk, seeing you as Globalist, will offer suite upgrades if available? Thanks!
TIGRIS23 is offline  
Old Dec 18, 20, 1:45 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Madison, WI
Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 850
Originally Posted by TIGRIS23 View Post
Hi All,

Considering going for the Globalist status as many are due to Hyatt's promotions. Just quick question on suite upgrades at check in: Do you have to be proactive in asking for suite upgrades everytime you check in or does the hotel front desk, seeing you as Globalist, will offer suite upgrades if available? Thanks!
It varies. I definitely have had a number of times where I was proactively upgraded. In cases where I wasn't (and I cared about the upgrade) I asked at the front desk if suite "X" was available (after checking online that it was) and asked for that as a globalist upgrade. That usually works.
jameswes is offline  
Old Dec 18, 20, 1:55 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 208
Good to know, thanks for that info James!

Originally Posted by jameswes View Post
It varies. I definitely have had a number of times where I was proactively upgraded. In cases where I wasn't (and I cared about the upgrade) I asked at the front desk if suite "X" was available (after checking online that it was) and asked for that as a globalist upgrade. That usually works.
TIGRIS23 is offline  
Old Dec 18, 20, 3:07 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 1,312
I always ask. Always. And if there are any available, I say thank you for checking and smile.

​​​​​​
SHLTP is offline  
Old Dec 18, 20, 3:12 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Posts: 5
Do "Member Only" hotels associated to Hyatt recognize Hyatt status?

Thanks in advance.
MarkNoThanks is offline  
Old Dec 18, 20, 3:15 pm
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 208
That's good tips, SHLTP. Thx!

Originally Posted by SHLTP View Post
I always ask. Always. And if there are any available, I say thank you for checking and smile.

​​​​​​
TIGRIS23 is offline  
Old Dec 18, 20, 3:15 pm
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Seat 2A
Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Posts: 10,468
The good hotels pre-upgrade you. Some random cookie cutter hotels tend to avoid this and often don't upgrade at all unless you push for it.
skywalkerLAX is offline  
Old Dec 18, 20, 3:31 pm
  #8  
skj
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: IAH
Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Posts: 1,388
Originally Posted by MarkNoThanks View Post
Do "Member Only" hotels associated to Hyatt recognize Hyatt status?

Thanks in advance.
Member Only properties are SLH properties. According to the T&Cs ...

"PLEASE NOTE: Standard World of Hyatt benefits are not included with stays at Small Luxury Hotels of the World (SLH). This includes complimentary parking on free night awards, club lounge access, complimentary bottled water, waived Resort or Facility fees and more."

Some here on FT have claimed to received some benefits based on their status, but in my experience at 2 SLH properties, they said they couldn't see my WoH status.
skj is offline  
Old Dec 18, 20, 5:19 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,641
That is such a misleading thread title.
Fly Me To The Moon is offline  
Old Dec 18, 20, 9:28 pm
  #10  
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 7,337
Any upgrade is at the hotel's discretion.
Aventine is offline  
Old Dec 19, 20, 7:03 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,161
Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
Any upgrade is at the hotel's discretion.
Really not true. They are obligated to upgrade you if a standard suite is available for the duration of your stay at the time of check in.

Of course, they can prioritize/pre-assign others in front of you (making nothing available) and thatís essentially discretion.

Given all the new ďGlob litesĒ coming aboard this next year I suspect this kind of prioritization will become much more common. After all - every Glob has a secret code attached to them (VIP1, 2, 3, etc) and hopefully these new folks will get the lowest code and the lowest priority over those of us that have spent real $$$ with Hyatt.
txhyattlvr is offline  
Old Dec 19, 20, 7:05 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,161
Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon View Post
That is such a misleading thread title.
Why? Unlimited suite upgrades for Globs is real and the frequency can be quite high. Marriott (where itís mostly a myth) and Hyatt are NOT the same.
txhyattlvr is offline  
Old Dec 19, 20, 9:17 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SFO
Posts: 3,644
Originally Posted by txhyattlvr View Post
Why? Unlimited suite upgrades for Globs is real and the frequency can be quite high. Marriott (where itís mostly a myth) and Hyatt are NOT the same.
assuming one only gets upgrades at 1 in 5 Marriott properties, but Marriott has 5x more properties, so itís about the same...
myperks is offline  
Old Dec 19, 20, 11:41 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,161
Originally Posted by myperks View Post
assuming one only gets upgrades at 1 in 5 Marriott properties, but Marriott has 5x more properties, so itís about the same...
What kind of stupid logic is that? The apples to apples is general upgrade percentage and total nights stayed.
noneemac likes this.
txhyattlvr is offline  
Old Dec 19, 20, 12:02 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 427
Originally Posted by myperks View Post
assuming one only gets upgrades at 1 in 5 Marriott properties, but Marriott has 5x more properties, so itís about the same...
That's terrible logic. You're not staying at 5 hotels every night. So your chance of upgrade at an individual Marriott or Hyatt has nothing to do with the number of Marriott or Hyatt properties. Now if you're saying that there are places you can only find Marriott but not Hyatt, I can see somewhat an argument, albeit a bad one. In those rural areas you're looking for "upgrades" at Fairfield or Courtyard which means absolutely nothing. I can't think of a desirable location in the US that has no Hyatt alternative.
noneemac likes this.
AndyKehn is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: