Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Globalist question

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2020, 9:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 8MM Exec,Life Plat, Marriott Amb,Life Titanium, ,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist.
New Globalist question

Hello All:

I have been a loyal Marriott member for 24+ years and have recently branched out and gone Globalist. I am in Thailand and will soon travel to one of the Hyatt properties with two rooms. With Thailand's borders being closed there are incredible deals out there....including the Grand Hyatt Bangkok for $80 per night and the Hyatt Regency Hua Hin for $125 per night.....However it appears these rates do not include breakfast. While I know I will get breakfast as Globalist.....What about my other room with my teenage children? T&C's are clear that only one room gets Globalist benefits? Both rooms are in my name and paid for by me. In Your Experience in Thailand....What has happened when you got to these properties and how was this enforced? Thanks in advance, Just want to prepare myself for splitting our group or having to arrange separate breakfasts etc. Club rooms on the websites are 3X the lowest room rate.....so booking them upgraded rooms doesn't make $ense with current promos.
Pocatello likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by NYCtraveler
Hello All:

I have been a loyal Marriott member for 24+ years and have recently branched out and gone Globalist. I am in Thailand and will soon travel to one of the Hyatt properties with two rooms. With Thailand's borders being closed there are incredible deals out there....including the Grand Hyatt Bangkok for $80 per night and the Hyatt Regency Hua Hin for $125 per night.....However it appears these rates do not include breakfast. While I know I will get breakfast as Globalist.....What about my other room with my teenage children? T&C's are clear that only one room gets Globalist benefits? Both rooms are in my name and paid for by me. In Your Experience in Thailand....What has happened when you got to these properties and how was this enforced? Thanks in advance, Just want to prepare myself for splitting our group or having to arrange separate breakfasts etc. Club rooms on the websites are 3X the lowest room rate.....so booking them upgraded rooms doesn't make $ense with current promos.
depending on how you obtained globalist, shouldn’t you have some club access awards you can apply to the second room to guarantee access for both rooms? Not sure in the Hyatt world if that’s possible. Kind of curious myself since I’ll be in that position soon.
tigerwong and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 10:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum (LTG), Hilton Gold, United 1K, AA EXP, AS MVP 75K
Based on my experiences in Thailand and SE Asia with Hyatt, the hotel will extend breakfast to the second room, but that is usually a courtesy so I wouldn’t necessarily bank on it.

If you earned Club Access awards which you should have unless you were status matched, you can apply those upgrades to your second room. Another option is to book the second room with points as a Guest of Honor, giving that room full Globalist benefits.

Hello All:

Old Dec 10, 2020, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
If you have Club access awards, use them. They are otherwise entirely worthless to a Globalist...

As mentioned, the occupants of the second room should receive breakfast / club access, but that's a courtesy rather than a right.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 2:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA 8MM Exec,Life Plat, Marriott Amb,Life Titanium, ,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist.
Thank you all: I will post back in the future how this was handled. We will be good guest$ eating all our meals at the hotel and using the SPA daily etc.

Safe Travels to ALL! Cheers!
Old Dec 10, 2020, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Hello All:

Grand Hyatt Erawan treats Globalists very well. You should have a great time all around.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 8:30 am

Thank you all: I will post back in the future how this was handled. We will be good guest$ eating all our meals at the hotel and using the SPA daily etc.

Safe Travels to ALL! Cheers!
In my experience, you are entitled to two adults and two "children" where age isn't defined.

My suggestions:
1. Charge all 4 breakfasts to YOUR room - not the 2nd room.
2. Write "Globalist Tip" on the tip line when you total up the bill. (Hyatt typically doesn't use cheesy vouchers for breakfast - you just pretend like your a "normal" guest and get a regular bill for breakfast which you charge to your room and then have taken off later.)

The above aligns with the T&C's (terms and conditions of Globalist) more closely than trying to comp stuff on the 2nd room. Writing "Globalist Tip" on the tip line clues in the staff that you are a Globalist and causes them to code the transaction correctly and get themselves the tip which they are paid through WOH. Most of the time when I do it this way, zero breakfast charges appear on my bill - otherwise you'll have to ask to have it removed later.

I've done similar things and never had an issue when I've followed the above steps - although policies at international properties might vary (vast majority of my travel is USA).

Enjoy the Globalist breakfast benefit!!! It's one the very best things about Hyatt and I hope they don't change it.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 9:43 pm

2nd room

Not sure if charging 4 breakfasts will work since children are teenagers may be over hotels designated age for globalist breakfast (2 children). My suggestion would discuss this when checking in, with GM on duty. Introducing yourself as globalist and they will probably extended all benefits for both rooms That way you can know whether to you will have benefits extended to second room or need to use lounge cert. And not have unexpected charges. Safe travels
Old Dec 10, 2020, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by cmjaffe
Not sure if charging 4 breakfasts will work since children are teenagers may be over hotels designated age for globalist breakfast (2 children). My suggestion would discuss this when checking in, with GM on duty. Introducing yourself as globalist and they will probably extended all benefits for both rooms That way you can know whether to you will have benefits extended to second room or need to use lounge cert. And not have unexpected charges. Safe travels
can you apply a club access award at check in?
Old Dec 11, 2020, 6:50 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by myperks
can you apply a club access award at check in?
I don't think the front desk could do it, as they are unable to apply points or other awards from your account. I suspect it could be done by getting a WoH agent on the phone and having them apply the award when you're checking in.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 10:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Globalists have the club access awards. OP should use them rather than hoping and begging the hotel for an exception that would be costly for the hotel compared to the room rate being paid.
synergistic likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 11:37 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Or just e-mail the hotel in advance and ask.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.