Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday gift for your concierge

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2021, 10:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum (LTG), Hilton Gold, United 1K, AA EXP, AS MVP 75K
I typically send an Amazon gift card during the holidays to my concierge. I have also sent holiday cards to the Omaha, NE address in her email signature. She has remarked on our family Christmas card in the past so I assume mail does get delivered to the recipients (or at least it did pre-COVID).
UA-NYC likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 11:13 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Many, if not all, of the MHCs work from their homes and are naturally reluctant to give out their address to physically receive a gift. Emailed gift cards/certificates work great and it's good to know that the Americas Contact Center forwards mail on to them ... hopefully.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 2:05 pm

So people just do an egiftcard and are pretty sure it gets to them?

Yea, I called the concierge line and they said they don't give out addresses, not that I wanted that. But the manager there stated there is no policy or way of sending gifts.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Yeah, have given an Amazon cert to mine and he was incredibly grateful (esp. after a horrible 2020)...a little goes a long way!
Old Apr 30, 2021, 7:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum (LTG), Hilton Gold, United 1K, AA EXP, AS MVP 75K
I followed up with my concierge to make sure the email didn’t get sent to “Junk” or overlooked in the Inbox. It seemed tacky at first to reach out to call out the gift, but it proved useful since my rep thought it was a phish email initially.

Originally Posted by s0ssos
So people just do an egiftcard and are pretty sure it gets to them?

Yea, I called the concierge line and they said they don't give out addresses, not that I wanted that. But the manager there stated there is no policy or way of sending gifts.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I send an Amazon e-gift card to my concierge at the holidays. BUT, I send it to myself first and then forward it to him to make sure it doesn't get stuck in corporate emails. I always receive a thank you within a few minutes.
SanDiego1K, HPN-HRL and tigerwong like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.