Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Will Not Honor Rsvs in CA properties from out of state travelers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Will Not Honor Rsvs in CA properties from out of state travelers

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2020, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Couldn't an alternative headline simply be "Hotel follows law"?

Maybe...if it actually was a law. It's just an executive order put out by Newsom.

Thanks for this. I was looking for a "staycation" type thing to get out of my house. I guess I will just have to hop a plane now.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
Like much of this thread, that's completely OT.
Concur, so stop contributing to the OT.

Back to the subject thread, are all CA properties or just certain properties not accepting out-of-state guests?

ETA: IHG CA properties have a banner re travel to and within CA may be subject to restrictions

Last edited by Troopers; Dec 9, 2020 at 2:16 pm
Old Dec 9, 2020, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
Concur, so stop contributing to the OT.

Back to the subject thread, are all CA properties or just certain properties not accepting out-of-state guests?

ETA: IHG CA properties have a banner re travel to and within CA may be subject to restrictions
All CA hotels. Full email below:

We hope this finds you and your loved ones safe and healthy. Thank you for choosing Hyatt for your upcoming stay.

As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve around the world, we continue to closely monitor updates from local authorities. At this time and until further notice, in light of the State of California’s recently announced mandatory COVID-19 travel restrictions, all Hyatt hotels in California may not honor out-of-state reservations except as follows:

A stay involving essential workers or those traveling to / from essential work;
Individuals in the area to care for a vulnerable person; or
Reservations that are minimum 14 days (guest must quarantine in their room for minimum 14 days)
To read more about the guidance, please visit covid19.ca.gov. Further, please note that a Limited Stay at Home Order is in effect and can be found here.

If you are not permitted to stay at a Hyatt hotel in California due to the state’s COVID-19 travel restrictions, unfortunately, we will not be able to honor your upcoming reservation. If you cancel your reservation and it required pre-payment, you will receive a full refund within the next 10 business days.

If you have questions regarding your upcoming reservation, please contact your nearest Hyatt Global Contact Center or call 1-800-344-9288.

We know this is disruptive for you, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We sincerely thank you for your understanding and look forward to hosting you in the near future.

Warm regards,

Hyatt Guest Care
Old Dec 9, 2020, 5:15 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo
Grand Hyatt SFO is a top of list fav and go-to for SFO long layovers or day before positioning flights...
The Bay Area region is not currently under a statewide order, and San Mateo County did not elect to go along with the Counties of San Francisco, Marin, Alameda, and Santa Clara and the City of Berkeley. The Grand Hyatt SFO is not currently under statewide or county restrictions.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 6:14 pm
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I just called Squaw Creek Resort as the Tahoe area will undergo the stay at home order this coming Friday. Apparently reservations are not being changed at this time, and the resort is discussing what to do.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 8:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold, National EC
Just another data point

I’ve got a (robo)call from Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite today saying they are closed until 12/27, so my Christmas reservation will not be honored. CA resident.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 3:24 am

Programs: IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Choice Diamond
I am a California resident currently writing this post from a California Hyatt property. Nobody gave me any problems. From what I can tell, if your credit card runs through, you are essential.
skywalkerLAX and Pocatello like this.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by wchinchen
I just called Squaw Creek Resort as the Tahoe area will undergo the stay at home order this coming Friday. Apparently reservations are not being changed at this time, and the resort is discussing what to do.
Squaw Valley itself is cancelling ticket reservations so that might put a damper on the trip.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by disneyphans
I am a California resident currently writing this post from a California Hyatt property. Nobody gave me any problems. From what I can tell, if your credit card runs through, you are essential.
Per the e-mail from Hyatt, the restriction doesn't apply to CA residents such as yourself. But I find it hard to believe that any hotel is going to actually turn away a guest from another state.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 10:30 am

That's pretty much my feeling as well. I do not believe hotels are going to question non-resident guests other than ask something like "Please initial / sign here."
Old Dec 10, 2020, 11:28 am
formerly wchinchen

Originally Posted by olouie
Squaw Valley itself is cancelling ticket reservations so that might put a damper on the trip.
For sure, as it is a snowboard trip. Moreso, I just want guidance from the hotel, so I can make appropriate lodging and transportation changes, versus waiting the last minute for them to cancel.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i believe california side of lake tahoe is partially shutting down

https://www.kron4.com/news/californi...at-home-order/
Under the state’s stay at home order, Tahoe hotels and lodging will be closed to visitors but open to essential workers and COVID-19 containment measures such as treatment or housing homeless people.

For those who live in the area, ski resorts will remain open. The state’s order exempts outdoor recreation, just like most counties in the Bay Area. Restaurants will operate takeout and delivery only and retail will be open at 20 percent capacity.

The order only applies to the California side of Lake Tahoe, while the Nevada side can remain open.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 11:57 am

I just spoke with Mario @ Squaw Valley 800.404.8006 and he stated that only out-of-state homeowners can book a reservation at the location for the purpose of "caring for a vulnerable person". So I suppose here, some evidence of residency or property interest is required.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 12:18 pm

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
It looks like Hyatt is following guidance from the CA lodging association.

https://calodging.com/sites/default/...F-12-05-20.pdf

Even more guidance posted in the FAQ:

https://calodging.com/coronavirus-information-resources

It doesn’t look like anything is recommended in terms of enforcement.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 3:58 pm
formerly wchinchen

Just got the email and call about Squaw Valley Resort cancelling the reservation. Moving the stay over to the Nevada side

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.