Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt reducing elite requirements for 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt reducing elite requirements for 2021

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2020, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by Kacee
When WoH raised the bar to 60 nights, they also expanded the means for earning elite nights.
And even that didn't happen right away.

It took another several months to a year or so (presumably after realizing that they were going to lose a bunch of elites) before they started counting award nights as elite nights, and also before the Chase WoH card came out to help supplement elite night earning.
Kacee likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by coleslaw
It won’t even get you a concierge. That’s 60+ nights. Although I find the Hyatt Twitter team to be more responsive and more helpful for most matters.
I’ve been a globalist for 3 years now and haven’t been assigned a concierge. Is this soemthing they automatically do? I’ve been using the Hyatt Twitter team as they’ve been excellent in resolving any issue
Old Dec 1, 2020, 7:51 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Too bad the FNAs (1-4 and 1-7) expire 180 days after issuance and need to be used by then as well. I guess it makes the decision making process easier when it comes to chasing the Milestone Rewards
Old Dec 1, 2020, 7:53 pm

Programs: Globalist, Diamond via Aspire
Originally Posted by BaconSF
I’ve been a globalist for 3 years now and haven’t been assigned a concierge. Is this soemthing they automatically do? I’ve been using the Hyatt Twitter team as they’ve been excellent in resolving any issue
I am a first year glob and was assigned a concierge the 2nd day I hit 60.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 7:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Too bad the FNAs (1-4 and 1-7) expire 180 days after issuance and need to be used by then as well. I guess it makes the decision making process easier when it comes to chasing the Milestone Rewards
Unless they do another round of extensions.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by craigthemif
To be precise... between 1 January and 28 February 2021.

For the majority, 2020 nights are now wasted except for 2020 Milestone Rewards. No sense rolling 1 night to 2021 when you can simply grab 2 in Jan/Feb...
Why would they be wasted? They still roll over into 2021 1:1, counting towards the 30 needed next year and that's better than nothing. IF you have to stay somewhere right now that is.
yule_boy likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 8:43 pm

Is there a way to check where you stand for 2021 requal?
Old Dec 1, 2020, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Is there a way to check where you stand for 2021 requal?
What do you mean by "where you stand" ?

Just add up your nights.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
What do you mean by "where you stand" ?

Just add up your nights.
Sorry my bad I mean 2022.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 10:09 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Do award nights count?
Old Dec 1, 2020, 10:18 pm

Officially booked a 10 award night stay Dec 22-Jan 1 for 50k points. For the other 3 nights to get Globalist, I will be using my $200 credit with Amex FHR at the Beekman Thompson, can anyone confirm if FHR bookings earn elite qualifying nights? Otherwise I'll redeem my 10% Chase offer and combine it with the get $75 Off $250 At Hyatt Independent Collection Brands promotion for other hotels in NY.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 10:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by mal2ianne123
can anyone confirm if FHR bookings earn elite qualifying nights?
Mine have.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 11:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt-Globalist
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
I for one do not see business travel ever coming back to 2019 levels (especially IT related). There is no way clients will pay for teams flying around and staying in hotels when is been proven they can work from home. I suspect this new model will be here to stay until they can figure out another revenue stream to replace lost business travel.
This is a very good point. I work for a global IT company (in the top 10 at least) and all business travel (with a very few exceptions) has been prohibited for almost a year now and I do not see it coming back anytime soon. In fact, we have been placed on WFH status indefinitely. They are reducing the number of our offices in my country so this is likely going to be the new normal from now on. So I am particularly glad for this change in the program. We do not have a Hyatt CC from where I am from and the only 2 Hyatt hotels here have been closed for more than half a year. Combine that with our high number of COVID cases and out inability to fly out, it would have been impractical for me to try and go after Glob without the change in the program.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 11:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by coleslaw
Unless they do another round of extensions.
Considering this,

all unused Free Night awards that were earned in 2020 with 2021 expiration dates will be extended to December 31, 2021.”

I see them at least extending All Awards with a 2021 expiration to 12/31/21. I don’t feel like that’s an unreasonable expectation.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
Not if you're currently at 58 with a 6 night award stay at Andaz Mayakoba beginning Dec. 28
Seems like a waste then to NOT do 2 nights before then to get the 1-7 free night certificate and 2 TSUs.

Those nights in Mexico would apply to 2021.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.