Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt reducing elite requirements for 2021

Hyatt reducing elite requirements for 2021

Old Jan 27, 2021, 2:42 am

Programs: LH, WoH, Bonvoy, ALL, SH-L
Originally Posted by koreanbobsledteam
This sounds great. What other types of perks can you get with the concierge?
I'd be curious about that, too. I've never encountered an issue where I needed the "dedicated" Concierge. What Joachim mentions can be done much quicker via twitter or even the Non-Glob hotline.
Old Jan 27, 2021, 5:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by joachimm
Not sure if this is an option for non-Globalists, or if you can do this with the regular CSRs, but regardless I'm pretty happy with the Concierge experience so far.
Its not an option for non-Globalists, but Globalists can do this via Twitter, Globalist line or their concierge. I find Twitter to be fastest/most convenient for this kind of thing.
joachimm likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2021, 8:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by koreanbobsledteam
This sounds great. What other types of perks can you get with the concierge?
I'm not sure, but I get the impression that the Concierge in some cases has established relationships with individual hotels. My concierge has put in requests at two locations to apply TSU where there's no standard suite availability and she said she's seen it happen that a hotel will honor the upgrade closer in to the reservation as they get a better idea of occupancy. Could a regular rep do this? Probably yes. Could I request it via twitter? Apparently yes. But for me I like to keep my doomscrolling and therapy (travel) separate. Also I'm old, I prefer email.

To each their own, I guess I find comfort in what I perceive to be more personal support with someone who has some understanding of who I am and what I like. I've experienced this with my Concierge and it's only been a couple weeks.
MarkOK likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2021, 9:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by joachimm
To each their own, I guess I find comfort in what I perceive to be more personal support with someone who has some understanding of who I am and what I like. I've experienced this with my Concierge and it's only been a couple weeks.
That's a good point and one of the downsides of using Twitter or the Globalist line - you're reducing contact with your concierge and, in turn, you're going to take longer to (or never) develop that kind of relationship where you get personal/special/consistent treatment that goes beyond what a rotating group of Twitter/phone line agents will be able to provide.
Old Jan 27, 2021, 11:14 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
I like my concierge. Half the time, someone else in the Omaha office takes care of my TSU request or questions, but I still feel like my concierge has some level of personal knowledge about me and my travel patterns. For example, if I say I am traveling "with my family", she knows that I will likely want a roll-away bed if the suite she can get me doesn't have a pull out or two beds, and she will proactively have the hotel put that in my file so that it is out and ready upon arrival.
I have gotten gifts in the past -- when I had to cancel some trips last spring and get my TSUs credited back, she asked if I was involved in the response effort (I was then), and sent a nice package of treats and bath materials.

And like the above, I prefer sending an email to someone (who is responsive, which they are) than messaging twitter handles to a non-specified 'twitter team'.

I already got globalist until 2023 (at 31 nights now), but I definitely want to get to 60 nights and retain full benefits and new TSUs, and I don't think it will be any problem. I think the double credit promotion from last fall and now + the reduced requirements for globalist is a step too generous, but oh well, that just means crowded lounges when they re-open and start serving breakfast again. I will be happy just to have things back to normal to probably care. I bet there will be a lot of people that will see the value in the program and keep with it even after things normalize, which overall is good for keeping Hyatt and the program alive. I don't want to get bonvoyed...
Old Feb 9, 2021, 10:44 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
How long did it take for you to get the double nights credited? I recently completed a 16 night stay on Feb 5th, got the 3x points and standard nights credited the following day.

I have a 14 night stay booked for the Grand Hyatt Dubai in three weeks from now, and it would be a shame to miss out on the benefits. Would it help to call Hyatt to ask if they can expedite the process or should I simply stay put for the next couple of weeks?
Old Feb 9, 2021, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by LH4116
How long did it take for you to get the double nights credited? I recently completed a 16 night stay on Feb 5th, got the 3x points and standard nights credited the following day.

I have a 14 night stay booked for the Grand Hyatt Dubai in three weeks from now, and it would be a shame to miss out on the benefits. Would it help to call Hyatt to ask if they can expedite the process or should I simply stay put for the next couple of weeks?
Check out the wiki in the Bonus Journeys thread.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 12:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I have confused myself reading various threads and the Hyatt site. I'll be at 23 nights soon (combo of 7 Hyatt cc tier nights and 16 actual nights stayed) and am debating whether or not I want to push it to 30 for Globalist by putting spend on my Hyatt cc for tier nights or doing some mattress runs at the Cat1 nearby or even some legit weekend getaways that I might not otherwise take.

I'd like Glob for about 15 nights next year (with kids) when we are in Asia and then for a few domestic trips. But I keep seeing references to Glob lite and want to make sure my efforts are worth it. Not really sure what "Glob lite" entails. I mainly want the breakfast/club access and would love confirmed upgrades in advance (even if for larger room). Would be nice to get a suite, but I realize that would only happen at check in, if at all. Right now I have some club access awards but they are set to expire in Feb 2022 and I'm doubtful they will extend.

Does glob lite achieve what I want? Do you all think it's worth the effort for maybe 20-25 nights next year?

Edited to add: I see that with 20 nights I get 2 club access awards and with 30 nights 2 more and then a Cat1-4 award. I assume cc tier nights count towards that, so the Cat1-4 would be useful for me. The club access wouldn't since Globalist would get that anyway.

Last edited by Stgermainparis; Aug 12, 2021 at 1:07 pm
Old Aug 12, 2021, 1:08 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I have confused myself reading various threads and the Hyatt site. I'll be at 23 nights soon (combo of 7 Hyatt cc tier nights and 16 actual nights stayed) and am debating whether or not I want to push it to 30 for Globalist by putting spend on my Hyatt cc for tier nights or doing some mattress runs at the Cat1 nearby or even some legit weekend getaways that I might not otherwise take.

I'd like Glob for about 15 nights next year (with kids) when we are in Asia and then for a few domestic trips. But I keep seeing references to Glob lite and want to make sure my efforts are worth it. Not really sure what "Glob lite" entails. I mainly want the breakfast/club access and would love confirmed upgrades in advance (even if for larger room). Would be nice to get a suite, but I realize that would only happen at check in, if at all. Right now I have some club access awards but they are set to expire in Feb 2022 and I'm doubtful they will extend.

Does glob lite achieve what I want? Do you all think it's worth the effort for maybe 20-25 nights next year?
​​​​​​
"Glob lite" is great and is a somewhat silly Flyer talk distinction. If you get to 30 nights this year you'll be a Globalist and get upgrades at check in (up to standard suites on a space available basis) and free breakfast for 4. You won't get confirmed Suite Upgrade Awards or access to a concierge unless you get to 50/60 nights.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 2:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by PDXpress
​​​​​​
"Glob lite" is great and is a somewhat silly Flyer talk distinction. If you get to 30 nights this year you'll be a Globalist and get upgrades at check in (up to standard suites on a space available basis) and free breakfast for 4. You won't get confirmed Suite Upgrade Awards or access to a concierge unless you get to 50/60 nights.
Okay, that makes sense. Thank you for clarifying. Much appreciated. While the confirmed suite upgrades would be nice, that's not something I need. Definitely don't need concierge. I do wish they'd do confirmed room upgrades though. In one case, we need a the room above the standard point room bc we have three kids and the standard doesn't allow the third. I've paid on top of points in the past for the upgrade.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.