Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Mattress Run for Hyatt Globalist in 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mattress Run for Hyatt Globalist in 2022

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2022, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by js1993
For people who want to take advantage (in person) of the cheap MGM rates in Vegas on weekdays but not pay $300+ on weekends, what are the best weekend trips outside Vegas (other than L.A.), preferably with a Hyatt (but not a deal-breaker)? Thanks.
I think Oceanside is about 4 hours away...
js1993 likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 1:48 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by js1993
For people who want to take advantage (in person) of the cheap MGM rates in Vegas on weekdays but not pay $300+ on weekends, what are the best weekend trips outside Vegas (other than L.A.), preferably with a Hyatt (but not a deal-breaker)? Thanks.
Originally Posted by gr2020
I think Oceanside is about 4 hours away...
I second Oceanside. Another fav would be Palm Springs. Nice drive through the desert, too. About 5 hours.
Oceanside is a good 6 hours according to Mr. Google
River in Sight and js1993 like this.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 10:52 pm

Are Globalists waived the resort fee at MGM hotels?

Are Globalists waived the resort fee at MGM hotels (via Hyatt) or it has to be booked directly through MGM? Thanks.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 11:49 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by Illinwu
Are Globalists waived the resort fee at MGM hotels (via Hyatt) or it has to be booked directly through MGM? Thanks.
quite some discussion in this thread

MGM Rewards Gold and Above - waived resort fee
Illinwu likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by 59Impala
quite some discussion in this thread

MGM Rewards Gold and Above - waived resort fee
Thank you so much!
59Impala likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 8:46 pm

Re Mattress Runs to help to get to Globalist - how about looking at the Level 1 Hyatts when they go down to 3500 points a night? 20 nights @ 3500 Hyatt points = 70,000 points. That is 1/3 of the way to Globalist. Hope to get more ideas as the year progresses. Summer is coming so that will help with stays here & there. Getting to 60 nights will take some planning this year.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I have never done 60 nights and don’t intend to start this year. I am sure there will be another EQN promo this fall. And December rates are always cheap.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by Boraxo
I have never done 60 nights and don’t intend to start this year. I am sure there will be another EQN promo this fall. And December rates are always cheap.
i hope they do the “every night in Q4 counts for both this year and next year”
Boraxo and lsquare like this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 3:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by myperks
i hope they do the “every night in Q4 counts for both this year and next year”
no reason to do this type of promo, they loaded up on Globalists with the generous promo last year. I expect to see more promotions that generate points not stay credit
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 3:47 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Right, Hyattt did no EQN promos after Q1 last year. Hard to imagine they'll do one this year, unless the economy really tanks by the end of the year.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 4:35 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
I will not be globalist without a promo this year
Old Apr 21, 2022, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Boraxo
I would not count on that EQN promo if the status is important to you. People are just getting back into traveling, airplane loads are high... people are even paying to fly premium cabin out of pocket. They aren't going to need promos.
lsquare and Warriorconcept like this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
no reason to do this type of promo, they loaded up on Globalists with the generous promo last year. I expect to see more promotions that generate points not stay credit
i agree on probably not having an EQN promo but since I was quoting someone that said they were sure of an EQN promo
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I would not count on that EQN promo if the status is important to you. People are just getting back into traveling, airplane loads are high... people are even paying to fly premium cabin out of pocket. They aren't going to need promos.
it’s not and I’m not. Globalist is the best but it’s not worth losing sleep over (or paying a massive premium). $800 bought me 2 years of status thru Feb 2023. I’d take that deal again. But IMO it’s way too early to start $80 mattress runs without an EQN bonus. Fall is always slow.

and yes people are paying to fly F. It’s a no brainer when it costs an extra $200 on a transcon.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
At this point, where are the places to consider a mattress run?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.