Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Hotels and Places to Stay

Hyatt | World of Hyatt

Mattress Run for Hyatt Globalist in 2022

Mattress Run for Hyatt Globalist in 2022

Old Feb 18, 21, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Platinum, Marriott Gold, Cocos Gold
I had a nightmare experience, because I put an OFFICE stay on the day after a regular stay at the same property, and they both got combined as a single one night stay. Took the front desk team forever to sort that out over the phone.

But I'm glad I made that phone call to get things fixed, because the next day the Bonus Journey nights hit, and it was just enough to tip me over to Globalist, which made for a very nice stay at Andaz Tokyo.
Old Feb 18, 21, 10:29 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, MR Plat, HY Globule
So I just hit 50 nights and was planning to get 60. However, I am concerned that the Cat1-7 award will be hard to book in the next 180 days. I guess I will pull the plug here are wait until I really start travelling so that maybe I will hit 60 nights in 3Q 2021. I don't know if Hyatt is extending expirations, but wouldn't want to plan for it and get surprised.
Old Feb 19, 21, 6:50 am

Programs: AA PlatPro, UA Silver, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by xooz View Post
So I just hit 50 nights and was planning to get 60. However, I am concerned that the Cat1-7 award will be hard to book in the next 180 days. I guess I will pull the plug here are wait until I really start travelling so that maybe I will hit 60 nights in 3Q 2021. I don't know if Hyatt is extending expirations, but wouldn't want to plan for it and get surprised.
Hyatt further extends expiration of awards plus more
Old Feb 19, 21, 8:01 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United Platinum Premier, AF/KLM Platinum
Well, the last batch of nights finally posted. Just made Hyatt Globalist
Boraxo and joachimm like this.
Old Feb 19, 21, 8:02 am

Programs: AA PlatPro, UA Silver, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Thysk View Post
Well, the last batch of nights finally posted. Just made Hyatt Globalist
Congrats!

There should be at least one more batch - its not over yet!
Old Feb 19, 21, 8:54 am

Programs: United Gold (Million Miler), Alaska MVP Gold
Just had 5 bonus nights post and currently sitting at 25. Driving cross country with my son next week and that will include 3 Hyatt House stays and will put me over the edge. I'll be Globular for the first time! Well, Globular Lite which is fine with me. I normally say in timeshare properties rather than hotels (hotels remind me of work) and we'll plan some nice trips in 2022 at some higher end Hyatt properties when things are (hopefully) more normal.
joachimm likes this.
Old Feb 19, 21, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by buzglyd View Post
Just had 5 bonus nights post and currently sitting at 25. Driving cross country with my son next week and that will include 3 Hyatt House stays and will put me over the edge. I'll be Globular for the first time! Well, Globular Lite which is fine with me. I normally say in timeshare properties rather than hotels (hotels remind me of work) and we'll plan some nice trips in 2022 at some higher end Hyatt properties when things are (hopefully) more normal.
I used to be Crepuscular...being Crepuscular Lite would be self conflicting.

David
Old Feb 19, 21, 10:08 am

Programs: HH Diamond, MR Plat, HY Globule
Yes...as the Hyatt response said then "... However, at this time, we do not have any extensions for awards earned in 2021". So delay seems the best for me. I probably coundn't make use of the cert until late summer anyway, so no harm in waiting. I might go make use of the Marriott promotion in the interim.
Old Feb 19, 21, 10:10 am

Thanks everyone for your help! Was debating between a 15 night and 27 night MR, but decided the additional benefits of the 27 night MR were well worth the $800 difference. With the 5 nights from the Hyatt credit card, I'll just be one night short of earning the 60 night milestone awards. Want to delay the issuance of the Category 7 award night for as long as possible.
CodeAdam10 likes this.
Old Feb 19, 21, 4:14 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United Platinum Premier, AF/KLM Platinum
Originally Posted by coleslaw View Post
Congrats!

There should be at least one more batch - its not over yet!
Totally true. I was just referring to my stays. First time they posted within 3 days, now it took almost 2 weeks before they posted. Last batch for getting my Globalist status
Old Feb 21, 21, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
I checked into the HP Oak Brook, IL today for a week-long mattress run.

Front desk gal said "Oh, you are Globalist; you get 2 waters a day. Go ahead and take 14."

Hahahahaha
Old Feb 21, 21, 10:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by toomanybooks View Post
I checked into the HP Oak Brook, IL today for a week-long mattress run.

Front desk gal said "Oh, you are Globalist; you get 2 waters a day. Go ahead and take 14."

Hahahahaha

HH/HP are really good on "A BOTTLE" of water daily benefit. They often give me the length of stay x 2 btls of water.

I recently stayed at PH Aviara and A BOTTLE of water wasn't prepared in my room. I asked them about it, and then they brought me 3 btls of water!
Old Feb 22, 21, 11:51 am

Programs: Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HIlton Diamond
How long does it normally take for the double nights to post? I got credit for my recent stay in SEA but only for the actual nights, not the double nights
Old Feb 22, 21, 12:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by eternalX View Post
How long does it normally take for the double nights to post? I got credit for my recent stay in SEA but only for the actual nights, not the double nights
My most recent one took 4 days after the original night added to my account.
Old Feb 22, 21, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Noir, TR 7*, Marriott Tit, UA Plat, Hyatt Glob, involuntary FT beta tester
Originally Posted by eternalX View Post
Check out the wiki at the top of the promo thread: 2020 Q4- 2021 Q1 promo: new, enhanced "Bonus Journeys"

seems roughly every other Thursday (and if you check out the Weds right before one of those Thursdays you may have to wait for the next cycle)

Search this Thread