Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Mattress Run for Hyatt Globalist in 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mattress Run for Hyatt Globalist in 2022

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2021, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by hoipolloi
bit as a Globalist, you're ENTITLED to a suite upgrade when a suite is available
Andaz Tokyo is one of the hotels exempted from this by name. Check the T&C.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 3:59 am

Programs: AA 8MM Exec,Life Plat, Marriott Amb,Life Titanium, ,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist.
I have been so enjoying these Globalist mattress runs that I have just kept on going! I found a great Hyatt, they have treated me fantastic, I am being spoiled rotten and by the end of Feb I should have 90+ nights once everything doubles. I have tried all the restaurants that are open, the café and the coffee shop as well as everything in the surrounding area. I am being selfish and not telling you where, on purpose. Enjoy all, and stay healthy and well. Cheers!
Old Feb 15, 2021, 6:00 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United Platinum Premier, AF/KLM Platinum
Originally Posted by NYCtraveler
I have been so enjoying these Globalist mattress runs that I have just kept on going! I found a great Hyatt, they have treated me fantastic, I am being spoiled rotten and by the end of Feb I should have 90+ nights once everything doubles. I have tried all the restaurants that are open, the café and the coffee shop as well as everything in the surrounding area. I am being selfish and not telling you where, on purpose. Enjoy all, and stay healthy and well. Cheers!
No problem not sharing, you selfish git, as in your previous posts (dec 10, 2020) you've already mentioned the places:
Originally Posted by NYCtraveler
Hello All:

I have been a loyal Marriott member for 24+ years and have recently branched out and gone Globalist. I am in Thailand and will soon travel to one of the Hyatt properties with two rooms. With Thailand's borders being closed there are incredible deals out there....including the Grand Hyatt Bangkok for $80 per night and the Hyatt Regency Hua Hin for $125 per night.....However it appears these rates do not include breakfast. While I know I will get breakfast as Globalist.....What about my other room with my teenage children? T&C's are clear that only one room gets Globalist benefits? Both rooms are in my name and paid for by me. In Your Experience in Thailand....What has happened when you got to these properties and how was this enforced? Thanks in advance, Just want to prepare myself for splitting our group or having to arrange separate breakfasts etc. Club rooms on the websites are 3X the lowest room rate.....so booking them upgraded rooms doesn't make $ense with current promos.
hailstorm, jananth1, SHLTP and 3 others like this.
Old Feb 15, 2021, 6:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Thysk
in your previous posts (dec 10, 2020) you've already mentioned the places:
Thanks for sharing
GUWonder and Thysk like this.
Old Feb 15, 2021, 7:05 am

Programs: tk gold, lh ftl, ab gold
Weird story.
A four night stay at GH Rio, under the "Stay 4 Pay 3" rate. I have been credited 3 qualifying nights. Is that correct? Pretty sure that kind of rates at Marriott and Hilton have always been credited based on ACTUAL nights stayed.
According to T&C, "An Eligible Rate is any room rate published by Hyatt...". Where is the truth?
Old Feb 15, 2021, 8:38 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by igor82j
Weird story.
A four night stay at GH Rio, under the "Stay 4 Pay 3" rate. I have been credited 3 qualifying nights. Is that correct? Pretty sure that kind of rates at Marriott and Hilton have always been credited based on ACTUAL nights stayed.
According to T&C, "An Eligible Rate is any room rate published by Hyatt...". Where is the truth?
Yes, it is correct. Your 4th night fare is 0, therefore no eligible spend. Same applies to Stay 3 Pay 2 rate, only 2 nights credit. Not all programs are same by t&c.
igor82j likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2021, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Andaz Tokyo is one of the hotels exempted from this by name. Check the T&C.
So snobby. I'll avoid them then if they have that kind of attitude.
Old Feb 15, 2021, 10:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hoipolloi
So snobby. I'll avoid them then if they have that kind of attitude.
At least they’re transparent about it. I’d take transparency and no upgrade vs. the pretense of offering upgrades / TSU availability while making it next to impossible to actually get one.
Old Feb 15, 2021, 11:11 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by Jaenks
Yes, it is correct. Your 4th night fare is 0, therefore no eligible spend. Same applies to Stay 3 Pay 2 rate, only 2 nights credit. Not all programs are same by t&c.
Really? free nights are excluded from qualifying for nights?

Never had that with Hilton and Marriott free night deals
Old Feb 15, 2021, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by TGLoyalty
Really? free nights are excluded from qualifying for nights?

Never had that with Hilton and Marriott free night deals
When it’s a “n-for-n-1” type rate, yes.

When it’s a points or award “free night” then it’s included.
Old Feb 15, 2021, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Ok, I booked a mattress run with 9 rooms at the OFFICE (day room) rate so I'm all in now! I am pretty confident this will post as a qualifying rate as I booked the same rate at the same local HP property last year and it correctly posted as an EQN. I support I can always abort if it misfires now.

Unfortunately I did not get credit for a couple of nights last weekend at a resort which were apparently booked at a non-qualifying rate. The missing EQNs were more than offset by the savings, but I may see if I appeal that ruling.
Old Feb 15, 2021, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Ok, I booked a mattress run with 9 rooms at the OFFICE (day room) rate so I'm all in now! I am pretty confident this will post as a qualifying rate as I booked the same rate at the same local HP property last year and it correctly posted as an EQN. I support I can always abort if it misfires now.

Unfortunately I did not get credit for a couple of nights last weekend at a resort which were apparently booked at a non-qualifying rate. The missing EQNs were more than offset by the savings, but I may see if I appeal that ruling.
I hope you mean you booked a room for nine "nights" using the office day rate, rather than 9 rooms on the same day (which would give you one qualifying night)? :S

If the resort rate you're referring to was a "nth night free" type rate then you don't get a qualifying night for the nth night. There are lots of other reasons why some nights wouldn't be qualifying but that rate/situation is the one that tends to crop up regularly.
TravelerMSY likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2021, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by coleslaw
I hope you mean you booked a room for nine "nights" using the office day rate, rather than 9 rooms on the same day (which would give you one qualifying night)? :S
correct. 10 rez for 10 different “nights” with checkin and checkout on different days.

Originally Posted by coleslaw
If the resort rate you're referring to was a "nth night free" type rate then you don't get a qualifying night for the nth night. There are lots of other reasons why some nights wouldn't be qualifying but that rate/situation is the one that tends to crop up regularly.
no each night was charged as a paid night (no free night) but the nightly rate was about 35% of the rack rate.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Nice! I did many office rates for my mattress runs and saved a TON of money. However, it never posted afterward and I had to do the online chat every single time to get it to actually post as a qualifying night. It definitely qualifies though.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 1:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nikigirl
Nice! I did many office rates for my mattress runs and saved a TON of money. However, it never posted afterward and I had to do the online chat every single time to get it to actually post as a qualifying night. It definitely qualifies though.
I freaked out when my first stay did not post correctly and the hotel told me to call Hyatt because they could not fix it. Fortunately I reached a nice CSR who explained that the Office rate has to be manually posted as it is an exception to the rule that day rate normally do not qualify because they do not include an actual "night". I was relieved to see it fixed within a few minutes! It is minor PITA, but glad to hear I'm not the only one who encountered this issue.

It's been kind of fun as the front desk team knows me by name now
nikigirl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.