Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Mattress Run for Hyatt Globalist in 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mattress Run for Hyatt Globalist in 2022

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2021, 7:36 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Fearless prediction. Hyatt will either:
  1. Extend Globalist again, particularly for those of us based in places where we cannot leave home and/or the Hyatts are actually closed
  2. Run another double elite night promo in the autumn
OR, maybe they'll match Marriott and extend the current promo to compete with MR's end of April Double-Double promo. (No not the hamburger place!) Marriott already deposited my 25 elite status nights, so requalification for PLT is only 12 nights using minimum 2 night stays (plus an award night.) This would be my 10th year as PLT, so set on that part for LT PLT, just need 100 more nights to complete the 600 LT nights. If the 2x elite stay credit works into the LT night count, so much the better.

I know some perople in this forum were questioning Hyatt's decision to be so generous with half the nights required for GLOB PLUS the 2x credit, and 3x points, but the wisdom of their decision seems to be confirmed when MR joined the fun. In fact, with the MegaTix deal extended, requalification for PLT on MR is only about US$400, as I can get 3 nights at the ROS on the river in Bangkok for US$100 all in with the THB3000 (cost) MegaTix THB4500 voucher, repeat 4 times and done. I probably do Khao Lak for 3 nights, same deal, and either Rayong or Chiang Rai for 3 also, Chiang Rai is a little more expensive but the Le Meridien there is great. Why doesn't Hyatt have a property there again?
GUWonder likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 4:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
got my +7 bonus night from a 30-Jan checkout , now globalist
BThumme and kwshannon like this.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 7:17 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
First time as Globalist as I was previously Hyatt Diamond. Had been using Guest of Honor for most Hyatt stays up until now so still engaged with the program through others, but nice to have my own status for now.

+10 nights for signing up for the CC. +2 from meeting the $6k spend ($5k). +18 from 9 nights (mix of paid/award mattress run stays).

Have my first Globalist stay post-vaccine booked for a PH I've been wanting to visit, scheduled it for the end of February so I get 2x nights there. Should be at 40 nights by the start of summer. If things open up, should be able to hit 50 and potentially get TSUs. 60 is likely not going to happen, but if I find myself at 54 or more, I may stretch at the end with CC spend or mattress runs.

It's good to be BACK in the Hyatt program.
joachimm likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 8:20 pm

Programs: AA 8MM Exec,Life Plat, Marriott Amb,Life Titanium, ,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist.
Something new

I have been Globalist for 2 years and my benefits were mid range, perhaps I rarely used? So many hotels all blur. I hopped on this re qualification double points as it was something to "Do". I will finish up my stays next Tuesday and I should cross over 75 nights at the end of February. I have been living in a suite with breakfast and a club lounge on and off for a few weeks and it has been a lovely distraction from the monotony of Corona.....Now what to do with all these Hyatt points??? As an Aside.....I am a 3000+ nighter at Starwood/Marriott and this promotion has gotten me to look at hotels with a new set of eyes. There are just some things that Marriott cannot do with so many hotels and Hyatt is just so much more on top of....its nice to experience. Safe travels to all.
Old Feb 6, 2021, 12:05 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HIlton Diamond
I've been thinking about this for the last couple months and thinking I could do a 8 night stay in Seattle for a reasonable amount and get to use the pool a bit, which my kids would love. I don't think I'd actually stay there or at least not veyr many nights. Maybe I could work from there. The lowest rate I can find is the redmond hyatt house at $88/night-$800 total. I have a number of Hyatt stays coming up this year where globalist status would be nice. (week in Maui at the Regency in April where I've booked their baseline suite, week in Bowery 50 in November and hopeffuly 3-4 nights in argentina and chile)

Anyway, can someone check my logic?
5 nights for WoH card
10 nights for $25k spend on card
=15
8(16) nights in Hyatt House Bellevue.
Total: 31 nights

I'd also earn 2 club lounge access awards and while I probably wouldn't pay for more than a day or two of breakfasts in Hawaii, it sure would be a nice treat to have it.
Anything I'm missing?
Old Feb 6, 2021, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by eternalX
I've been thinking about this for the last couple months and thinking I could do a 8 night stay in Seattle for a reasonable amount and get to use the pool a bit, which my kids would love. I don't think I'd actually stay there or at least not veyr many nights. Maybe I could work from there. The lowest rate I can find is the redmond hyatt house at $88/night-$800 total. I have a number of Hyatt stays coming up this year where globalist status would be nice. (week in Maui at the Regency in April where I've booked their baseline suite, week in Bowery 50 in November and hopeffuly 3-4 nights in argentina and chile)

5 nights for WoH card
=15

I'd also earn 2 club lounge access awards and while I probably wouldn't pay for more than a day or two of breakfasts in Hawaii, it sure would be a nice treat to have it.
Anything I'm missing?
​​​​​​Club Access award is pretty much useless for globalists. That's a pricey mattress run but only you can value the costs/benefits of free breakfast and resort fee/parking fee (on points booking).
Old Feb 6, 2021, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC

5 nights for WoH card
=15

Anything I'm missing?
I'd think about if it's really worth it to go for all 30 nights in the promotional period. Why not just push it to lets say 24 nights and do the remaining six nights throughout 2021 when you have a purpose for the stays?
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:16 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Anything I'm missing?
As someone else mentioned, seems like you might get to Globalist anyway, so there would be two main advantages to getting it sooner:

1) Having it for your stays before you'd hit it anyway; and
2) Getting more milestone bonuses.

So you would be Globalist already for those stays in Maui, Bowery 50, and Chile/Argentina, get the Globalist benefits (waived resort fee at Maui, for example, in addition to Club access and free breakfast). For the milestone bonuses the big difference is you can hit 50 nights with what you expect, which gets you two Tier Suite Upgrades (TSU) certificates, those can be pretty valuable. I already did 10 nights of mattress runs during the promotion, so you can guess what my answer would be. Then if you're going to get to 50, you may think about 60 anyway ... it is a slippery slope ...
synergistic likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2021, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by Beckles
As someone else mentioned, seems like you might get to Globalist anyway, so there would be two main advantages to getting it sooner:

1) Having it for your stays before you'd hit it anyway; and
2) Getting more milestone bonuses.

So you would be Globalist already for those stays in Maui, Bowery 50, and Chile/Argentina, get the Globalist benefits (waived resort fee at Maui, for example, in addition to Club access and free breakfast). For the milestone bonuses the big difference is you can hit 50 nights with what you expect, which gets you two Tier Suite Upgrades (TSU) certificates, those can be pretty valuable. I already did 10 nights of mattress runs during the promotion, so you can guess what my answer would be. Then if you're going to get to 50, you may think about 60 anyway ... it is a slippery slope ...
Heh, it went like that for me, and then it got 'worse.' Now we're going to end this promo with almost 60 nights for me, and 30 nights for my SO. I'll have to book most of the leisure trips in his name to hit 60 nights for him and hopefully avoid going over 100 nights in mine. I wouldn't have bothered padding my initial long stay if I'd realized I'd have another during the promo period, but so it goes. At least we'll be rolling in TSUs!
Old Feb 6, 2021, 10:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Anything I'm missing?
If you can get a TSU, you can always re-book your reservation in the cheapest room on the cheapest rate you can find then use a single TSU to upgrade to a suite for the whole week. I'm assuming you paid cash for the Regency Maui suite (since you don't have globalist and you didn't mention booking the suite with points), so that should save at least $200/night or $1400. That right there basically covers the whole cost of your mileage running.
Not to mention, with globalist the resort fee ($32/nt) is waived, saving you another $200. So yeah, I'd say the mattress run and then getting up to 50 nights ASAP for the TSU is absolutely worth it with the travel you have planned.
Old Feb 6, 2021, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jameswes
If you can get a TSU, you can always re-book your reservation in the cheapest room on the cheapest rate you can find then use a single TSU to upgrade to a suite for the whole week.
Well, you can't "always" do it, only when when you can find suite availability for the same timeframe.
Old Feb 7, 2021, 8:58 am

How quickly do the 25% points bonus credit back after completing a points stay? Will be completing a final mattress run 2/25 and wanting to reduce the number of UR —> Hyatt points I need to transfer for a mid-March stay at Ziva Cancun by the mattress run rebate.
Old Feb 7, 2021, 9:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DnvTrvlr
How quickly do the 25% points bonus credit back after completing a points stay? Will be completing a final mattress run 2/25 and wanting to reduce the number of UR —> Hyatt points I need to transfer for a mid-March stay at Ziva Cancun by the mattress run rebate.
Usually the Monday or Tuesday after check out.
Old Feb 7, 2021, 9:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Well, you can't "always" do it, only when when you can find suite availability for the same timeframe.
HR Maui has pretty open suite availability right now.

And if they already have the suite booked, they can cancel the suite booking, it should go immediately back into inventory and they can book it with the TSU.
If really worried about it they can make a second cash booking to hold the suite, then cancel the second booking, call to apply TSU and then once successful cancel the original cash booking.
Old Feb 7, 2021, 10:07 am

Programs: Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HIlton Diamond
Originally Posted by jameswes
If you can get a TSU, you can always re-book your reservation in the cheapest room on the cheapest rate you can find then use a single TSU to upgrade to a suite for the whole week. I'm assuming you paid cash for the Regency Maui suite (since you don't have globalist and you didn't mention booking the suite with points), so that should save at least $200/night or $1400. That right there basically covers the whole cost of your mileage running.
Not to mention, with globalist the resort fee ($32/nt) is waived, saving you another $200. So yeah, I'd say the mattress run and then getting up to 50 nights ASAP for the TSU is absolutely worth it with the travel you have planned.
I actually booked it with points but I would consider redoing with cash. Thanks for the info!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.