Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Mattress Run for Hyatt Globalist in 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mattress Run for Hyatt Globalist in 2022

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2020, 2:04 pm

Programs: American Gold, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Does anybody know if the Work from Hyatt rates count as a "Qualifying night"? Its confusing because with a 7am to 7pm reservation you arent actually staying a NIGHT
Old Dec 30, 2020, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Filler03
Does anybody know if the Work from Hyatt rates count as a "Qualifying night"? Its confusing because with a 7am to 7pm reservation you arent actually staying a NIGHT
I think you’re referring to the “office” rate? Those are day rates that do count as qualitying nights, I assume for the night that you’re working.

The work from Hyatt rate is a 7+ (supposedly now 5+) day minimum stay.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 12:53 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
So, my GH Bangkok MR ends tomorrow (Sat, 1/2) and it's been a great staycation. 15 nights in total at the GH Bangkok at a rate (THB1991++) that was well under 50% of their normal rates. I'm just a base member, but had stayed at the GH Bangkok often as DIA and GLOB, so while I didn't get Grand Club access, I did get a room on a high floor (19th,) a nice bottle of Chilean Cab, extensive fruit platter (refilled often,) up to 7 bottles of water each day, a plate of chocolates for Xmas, and, since my Thai GF's cousin stayed in the room the first 8 days, and I gave the FD her Thai ID at check-in, on her B-Day this week they left a nice chocolate cake and card. I used the fitness, jacuzzi, steam, and pool every day, and we hung out with the cousin, until she left on this past Sunday.

Definitely one of the better MR's. And getting GLOB for 2 years at US$39 per elite stay credit with the 2x. Definitely will be shifting my stays to Hyatt from Marriott and IHG as often as possible. Unfortunately, I'm not inclined to leave Thailand until they drop the 14 day quarantine requirement on re-entry, and there are really no Hyatts in the parts of Thailand I will be travelling, well except Phuket, but that one is not great and the other properties there are other brands and pricy.
CodeAdam10 and Pocatello like this.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 1:31 am

I have read this thread however I'm still confused about the nights carryover to 21.i have the old hyatt card, I stayed 3 nights at the end of dec with all the promos and I spent 5k how much nights would I need /spend to get to basic glob?
Old Jan 3, 2021, 5:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Ijones027
I have read this thread however I'm still confused about the nights carryover to 21.i have the old hyatt card, I stayed 3 nights at the end of dec with all the promos and I spent 5k how much nights would I need /spend to get to basic glob?
Ooh, a word problem. I always hated those in school. My calculation below is for the new Hyatt credit card, not sure if the old card has the same perks

3 nights stay in Dec 2020 gets you 3 nights credit in 2021
Having the Hyatt credit card gets you 5 nights credit at the start of each new year
Spending 5K on the Hyatt card gets you an additional 2 nights credit
3+5+2=10 nights credit for 2021 status

You need to reach 30 nights to get basic Glob status in 2021. You can do this in a number of ways, through CC spend or through actual nights in a hotel.

Quickest way to hit 30 would be staying 10 nights during the Jan-Feb promotional period. 10 nights would be doubled to 20 and then add that to the 10 you already have and you hit 30.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 6:25 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Ijones027
Probably 22, assuming you registered for the promo. The old Hyatt card doesn't offer the 5 nights or 2 nights per $5k spend benefits. You should get the 5 nights when the old card converts in about a week, but spend on the old card doesn't matter. If you spend $5k once you get the new card, you get the 2 nights then.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 12:09 pm

Has anyone seen the double elite nights post yet? I checked out on January 1 after a 13 night stay. The 13 nights have posted, still waiting for the bonus 13 nights.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 12:16 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bangkokiscool
Has anyone seen the double elite nights post yet? I checked out on January 1 after a 13 night stay. The 13 nights have posted, still waiting for the bonus 13 nights.
Not yet for me. Spoke to an agent via Twitter and they said that it will likely post a few weeks after the promo ends (per the promo terms)
Old Jan 3, 2021, 12:17 pm

According to terms and conditions not posting until at least until after Feb 28
Old Jan 4, 2021, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
Ooh, a word problem. I always hated those in school. My calculation below is for the new Hyatt credit card, not sure if the old card has the same perks

3 nights stay in Dec 2020 gets you 3 nights credit in 2021
Having the Hyatt credit card gets you 5 nights credit at the start of each new year
Spending 5K on the Hyatt card gets you an additional 2 nights credit
3+5+2=10 nights credit for 2021 status

You need to reach 30 nights to get basic Glob status in 2021. You can do this in a number of ways, through CC spend or through actual nights in a hotel.

Quickest way to hit 30 would be staying 10 nights during the Jan-Feb promotional period. 10 nights would be doubled to 20 and then add that to the 10 you already have and you hit 30.
Yeah I have no nights updated on my account as of now so that's why I wasn't sure what was counting to this year or not thank's
Old Jan 4, 2021, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by skj
Probably 22, assuming you registered for the promo. The old Hyatt card doesn't offer the 5 nights or 2 nights per $5k spend benefits. You should get the 5 nights when the old card converts in about a week, but spend on the old card doesn't matter. If you spend $5k once you get the new card, you get the 2 nights then.
does it go when you spend or the statement closes cuz then it will kick into my new card
,at minimum my 4000k spend for a free night will even it out
Old Jan 4, 2021, 1:54 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
Cheapest American Hyatts at the moment in terms of cash spend? Thx!
Old Jan 4, 2021, 2:23 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, Fairmont Premier
I think that's on you to do the research as to which local Hyatts have the best rates. Generally Hyatt Place hotels are the cheapest.

For those on the West/East Coast and have a WOH Visa Card, just a reminder that there's a $75 off $250 spend offer for Hyatt's independent collection hotels (Unbound, Destination Hotels, and JDV). Last day to register for that is tomorrow. Also, most people with the WOH Visa Card should have a Chase offer for 10% off for domestic Hyatts (up to a max of $25 in savings) for stays through the end of this month. That's a total of $100 off if you find the right hotel and dates for those two promotions.
SanDiego1K and tobikosan like this.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1P 1MM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jch636
I think that's on you to do the research as to which local Hyatts have the best rates. Generally Hyatt Place hotels are the cheapest.

For those on the West/East Coast and have a WOH Visa Card, just a reminder that there's a $75 off $250 spend offer for Hyatt's independent collection hotels (Unbound, Destination Hotels, and JDV). Last day to register for that is tomorrow. Also, most people with the WOH Visa Card should have a Chase offer for 10% off for domestic Hyatts (up to a max of $25 in savings) for stays through the end of this month. That's a total of $100 off if you find the right hotel and dates for those two promotions.
Good reminder ...

Old Jan 4, 2021, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by tobikosan
Cheapest American Hyatts at the moment in terms of cash spend? Thx!
You'll probably have to answer that yourself, based on your own constraints (stay duration) and special corporate or group codes. I typically just search by state for the period of interest and then sort prices low to high. I did notice that you can search by United States, but the search is not comprehensive apparently since the cheapest room returned in a United States search was not as cheap as the cheapest in a state search (FL).
tobikosan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.