Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Back to back stays mixing Hyatt Privé with Member Rate

Old Oct 18, 20, 7:58 am
Original Poster

I’m looking at taking a advantage of the Hyatt Privé 3rd night free deal. I’ve read that the promo only gives one free night (I.E stays of nights that are a multiple of three still only get one free night for the entire stay).

My plans involve a two week trip. I was considering booking the Privé rate for three nights, member rate for one night, Privé rate for three nights, member rate for night, etc.

I’d be fine to “check out” (and change rooms) after each reservation.

is there any issue with doing this? The third night free plus the Privé property credit for each block of three nights would be the incentive (and saves me switching to another property every fourth day).
Old Oct 18, 20, 8:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Originally Posted by coleslaw View Post
I’ve read that the promo only gives one free night (I.E stays of nights that are a multiple of three still only get one free night for the entire stay).
Check to make sure this is actually the case.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Oct 18, 20, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pWei View Post
Check to make sure this is actually the case.
Check which part? My post was an (informal) attempt at checking with the wealth of knowledge on here
Old Oct 18, 20, 10:05 am

Check which part? My post was an (informal) attempt at checking with the wealth of knowledge on here
Prive rate 3rd night free and repeatability is property dependent.
MSPeconomist and skywalkerLAX like this.
Old Oct 18, 20, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by myperks View Post
Prive rate 3rd night free and repeatability is property dependent.
Thanks - would what I describe above (3 nights Prive, 1 night standard, 3 nights Prive, etc) be considered repeating the 3rd night free promo?
Old Oct 18, 20, 11:30 am

Programs: Marriott Tit, Hyatt Diamond, AA EXP, UA Silver, IHG Plat
My experience, at one property (PH Paris), is that you can just book all nights as Prive.
Old Oct 18, 20, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by drewp123 View Post
My experience, at one property (PH Paris), is that you can just book all nights as Prive.
That's (potentially) good news for the third night free component.

The other component is the $100 property credit. Since this is on a "per stay" basis I was hoping to minimize the stay length (three days) in order to get the $100 credit every fifth night (so for a 14 night stay I would, in theory, get 4 * $100 credits.
Old Oct 18, 20, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Premier Plat

The other component is the $100 property credit. Since this is on a "per stay" basis I was hoping to minimize the stay length (three days) in order to get the $100 credit every fifth night (so for a 14 night stay I would, in theory, get 4 * $100 credits.
Contact your Prive travel advisor. The TA can reach out to the individual hotels and ask if the third-night free rate (and resort credit) can be applied to back-to-back stays. That's what I did, and among the three hotels I checked (Andaz Mayakoba, GH Playa Del Carmen, Thompson PDC) the first two allowed back-to-back third night free stays whereas the latter did not.
Old Oct 18, 20, 12:48 pm

It won't work unless the property has the repeatable third night free, which in my experience in only select properties.

Hotels have been canceling back-to-back Prive reservations made to game the third night free. Check the Prive thread.

Also, this would not work because Hyatt considers multiple reservations at one property a single stay until you actually check out.
Old Oct 18, 20, 4:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
For a two week stay, it could make sense to use a Work from Hyatt rate if offered by the hotel.
Old Oct 18, 20, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
For a two week stay, it could make sense to use a Work from Hyatt rate if offered by the hotel.
Thanks - that would be ideal, but for the properties I'm looking at the Work from Hyatt rates are higher than the standard rates. Since WFH waives the resort fee (vs. not for Prive) the saving with Prive isn't quite 1/3 for three nights but it's ~20% less.
Old Oct 18, 20, 5:42 pm

Regardless of if the hotel allows 3rd night free repeatable, you will most likely get only one $100 credit per stay. Maybe one back to back stay won’t be caught, but you are thinking of doing 4 back to backs...
Old Oct 18, 20, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by myperks View Post
Regardless of if the hotel allows 3rd night free repeatable, you will most likely get only one $100 credit per stay. Maybe one back to back stay won’t be caught, but you are thinking of doing 4 back to backs...
Yes, I figured the $100 credits wouldn't work. I checked with a Prive agent and the property I'm looking at also doesn't allow for back to backs, so it looks like I'll be checking out to move to an adjacent property for one night after every third night. Added hassle, but justified by the savings.
skywalkerLAX likes this.
Old Oct 19, 20, 1:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Yes, I figured the $100 credits wouldn't work. I checked with a Prive agent and the property I'm looking at also doesn't allow for back to backs, so it looks like I'll be checking out to move to an adjacent property for one night after every third night. Added hassle, but justified by the savings.
And with that I’m guessing you’d also get several of the $100 credits per “stay” (every time you move back to the Prive’ property) cresting even more “savings”.
Old Oct 19, 20, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Matt4200 View Post
And with that I’m guessing you’d also get several of the $100 credits per “stay” (every time you move back to the Prive’ property) cresting even more “savings”.
Exactly!

I wouldn't value the $100 credit as $100 of "real" money, but it will certainly cover some coffees/meals that I would otherwise have paid for.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: