FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Back to back stays mixing Hyatt Privé with Member Rate (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/2027067-back-back-stays-mixing-hyatt-prive-member-rate.html)

scubadu Oct 19, 2020 7:07 am

Originally Posted by coleslaw (Post 32756725)
Added hassle, but justified by the savings.

Not in my book, but knock yourself out.

Regards

coleslaw Oct 19, 2020 7:27 am

Originally Posted by scubadu (Post 32757734)

Regards

Each to their own. Saving 30%+ to move to an adjacent property for a night is worth it for me. 10%, not so much. 20%, maybe. But that's just me.

skywalkerLAX Oct 24, 2020 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by scubadu (Post 32757734)

Regards

If it's an adjacent property where it's easy to move to then why not, especially after three nights. To each his own I guess, I don't mind hotel hopping especially if we're talking about a 3 day stretch.

He can even leave all his baggage at the Hyatt and just go to the new hotel with some light luggage (backpack etc). Late check-out, early check-in following day.

I did the same at Grand Hyatt Bali several times in the past.

scubadu Oct 25, 2020 6:55 am

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX (Post 32770523)
If it's an adjacent property where it's easy to move to then why not, especially after three nights.

Because I value my time at a much higher rate than saving a few hundred dollars.

As I said, knock yourself out, but no need to try and convince me.

Regards

MSPeconomist Oct 25, 2020 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX (Post 32770523)
If it's an adjacent property where it's easy to move to then why not, especially after three nights. To each his own I guess, I don't mind hotel hopping especially if we're talking about a 3 day stretch.

He can even leave all his baggage at the Hyatt and just go to the new hotel with some light luggage (backpack etc). Late check-out, early check-in following day.

I did the same at Grand Hyatt Bali several times in the past.

Sorry, but I'd be embarrassed to do this. IMO it would look very obvious that you're trying to exploit the third night free and especially the Drive $100 credit per stay. It would also be a hassle to pack up and move. YMMV.

skywalkerLAX Oct 26, 2020 3:54 am

Originally Posted by scubadu (Post 32771550)
Because I value my time at a much higher rate than saving a few hundred dollars.

As I said, knock yourself out, but no need to try and convince me.

Regards

Whenever someone tells others his time is worth more than a few hundred bucks for 20 minutes I can't help but laugh. But in your words "knock yourself out" and convince yourself that this is true. :rolleyes:

skywalkerLAX Oct 26, 2020 3:58 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 32772647)
Sorry, but I'd be embarrassed to do this. IMO it would look very obvious that you're trying to exploit the third night free and especially the Drive $100 credit per stay. It would also be a hassle to pack up and move. YMMV.

I have no problem with that. Of course I'm trying to use the third night free offer, if the hotel doesn't like it then they can do what many other properties have done and allow the free nights to apply on every 3rd night no matter if you have 3,6,9 or 12 nights booked.

The $100 hotel credit is barely worth it considering the hotel prices for F&B are highly inflated anyway but yes, I'm going to scoop that off as well why not.

How is this different from doing mattress runs with 1 night stays prior to Hyatt changing to a 55 night qualification!? They had to prepare you a new room every time and also give out 1000 points as 1W amenity. Sure as you said, YMMV.

scubadu Oct 26, 2020 7:24 am

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX (Post 32773256)
Whenever someone tells others his time is worth more than a few hundred bucks for 20 minutes I can't help but laugh. But in your words "knock yourself out" and convince yourself that this is true. :rolleyes:

You have no idea what my time is worth or what I value (and to your other post, I don't do mattress runs either).

Rather than throwing emoticons at me, how about you just focus on you.

Regards