Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Mission pacific (JdV) and adjacent Seabird resort (Destination) Oceanside, CA MASTER

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mission pacific (JdV) and adjacent Seabird resort (Destination) Oceanside, CA MASTER

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2021, 7:10 am

Has anyone had a "longer" stay here? With covid housekeeping has been vastly diminished but my family and I will be here for a week. I do hope they have housekeeping at least every other day.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 8:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Use of both properties’ facilities is interesting. Can a guest make a room charge at other the non-stay property?
Old Jun 4, 2021, 12:33 pm

Which of these would be more appropriate for a weekend family trip with toddlers? Or are they close enough that it doesn't matter?

Does the Seabird offer Globalist benefits (e.g. Breakfast)?

Also notice that the Mission Pacific seems to have more Suite room options -- more likely to get a suite upgrade there vs. Seabird? Or same-same?
Old Jun 4, 2021, 10:08 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by CLEguy
Use of both properties’ facilities is interesting. Can a guest make a room charge at other the non-stay property?
Yes, as per post 71

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33301444-post71.html
CLEguy likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 7:46 pm

Programs: United 1K 1MM; Alaska MVP100K; WOH Globalist; Bonvoy LT Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by AllThePants
Does the Seabird offer Globalist benefits (e.g. Breakfast)?
Yes, the breakfast is in Piper. You can also have breakfast at High/Low. Benefits are similar at both properties.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 7:57 pm

Programs: United 1K 1MM; Alaska MVP100K; WOH Globalist; Bonvoy LT Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
So your agent made sure you got accurate information. This was somehow a problem?
No

So $80 for two - was it not sufficient?
I did not say it was not sufficient. It was to provide the amount as this question gets asked for properties without a club/lounge.

Is this a complaint? I'm a big fan of properties getting away from plastic bottles.
No. The destination fee stated so but now I see it's been updated.

So what's the problem? Was it too slow? Many Hyatts now offer just a single wifi option. If it's stable and over 10 mbps down, I'm fine with that.
The front desk agent mentioned premium wifi.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 2:59 am

Run don't walk...

Just checked in, long travel day and didn't get to the hotel till half past midnight. Service was amazing though. From the valet to the front desk, they all did their very best to make sure everything was great for check in.

Didn't realize that my concierge had blocked me into two bohemian suites... Wow.

This is the second best suite in the hotel and I gotta say it's amazing. Two balconies that have direct ocean views, a dining table for 8, a seating area for 8, two bathrooms (one in the other bedroom).

​​​​​It's late and I'm typing this from my balcony as I try to shake the travel adrenaline. Let me know if you have questions. Will post pictures soon, everyone was tired and collapsed.
SanDiego1K, thekaica and 59Impala like this.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 4:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ZBigFam

Didn't realize that my concierge had blocked me into two bohemian suites... Wow.
Did you make a request to your concierge for this?
Old Jun 9, 2021, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by coleslaw
Did you make a request to your concierge for this?
I had requested one bohemian and one Dreamscape for my tsus.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 7:42 am

Here is a view from one of my balconies...
Old Jun 9, 2021, 9:17 am

Programs: United MM, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
I had requested one bohemian and one Dreamscape for my tsus.
You’re near 333 and Local Tap House. I recommend them both for dining.

We might do a summer staycation for a night during the current points promo.
River in Sight likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 9:54 am

Thanks are they good for kids? My youngest is 10.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 8:57 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Can you post pictures of the suite when you have some time? Thanks!
Old Jun 11, 2021, 1:43 pm

Programs: United MM, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
I would say more adult oriented in price and vibe.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 3:39 pm

Mid stay review

Rooms: rooms are amazing, the Bohemian suite is huge, has an amazing view and the couch is a pull out couch. You could comfortably fit 4 in the bohemian. The kitchenette is a nice touch with a large fridge and a dining table for 8. Coffee is an Illy nespresso like thing, great coffee. There is also a huge soaking tub which I think all suites have. The views are simply amazing.

Breakfast : breakfast is either downstairs at high low or at piper in the seabird next door. You can order your globalist breakfast from either spot. Honestly wouldn't recommend the piper restaurant as the breakfast at high low is amazing. Seriously top 3 for me when comparing to Hyatt centric loop Chicago (pre covid) and andaz Liverpool. The food is quirky but all works and the portions are good as well. Highly recommend their home made pop tarts as well as their waffles. Seriously some of the best waffles I've ever had.

Facilities : gym is very nice, two peloton bikes, ellipticals free weights etc. Enough to stay in shape while you enjoy the great eats around the area. The pool at mission pacific is small and the hot tub has a posted capacity of only 3, which is funny honestly... Not sure what they had in mind here. The worst part of the pool is that you have to walk through the bar to get to the pool. Really weird design. You show up in your robes or whatever and walk through people having a cocktail party to go for a swim.

If you have kids I would suggest going to seabird where the pool is twice the size as is the jacuzzi. Guests at mission pacific can use their pool just make sure to go to the front desk to get a pool entry key.

Service: service is inconsistent but overall very good. At breakfast some servers are great others need some training. Housekeeping is really weird with covid and here honestly I feel like they are trying to cut corners for cost savings rather than any other reason. Here's what I mean, as globalist when I check in with the Hyatt app it says that I can get daily housekeeping for my rooms. My first two days of staying here the front desk tried to keep on telling me that I couldn't get housekeeping because of covid. This is despite being offered daily housekeeping from the Hyatt app. I had to go through the rigamarole each day to convince them I was eligible. I wouldn't have cared abt housekeeping if I was here 2-3 nights but I'm here a week, I need the housekeeping. Just wish the staff was trained a bit better.

Activities: they have lots of activities most of them free, make sure you scan the qr code in the pictures as that let's you book the activities and reserve cabanas etc.

Living area of bohemian suite

Kitchenette

Bathroom with soaking tub

View from living area

Activities qr code

Bedroom

All in all it could have been 5/5 but right now it's 4/5, if they tighten up their service I would give them 5/5.
​​​

​​​​​
​​​​​

​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.