Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Mission pacific (JdV) and adjacent Seabird resort (Destination) Oceanside, CA MASTER

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mission pacific (JdV) and adjacent Seabird resort (Destination) Oceanside, CA MASTER

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2021, 4:15 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by 59Impala
seems very high to me... or just some initial fictitious rate? or is this an accurate rate?
I checked a bunch of dates and see the exact same rates as you for every single day I check, which leads me to believe it is some kind of placeholder. I love Oceanside and have visited many times but it’s not a very upscale destination in my book so I would be shocked if these rates hold. For many days that I’ve checked the rates here are higher than at the Park Hyatt down the street.
59Impala likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 9:45 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
just checked rates again. they have come down, are reasonable for September, 270$ standard room with my corp rate..
now the hotels only need to open up, and we able to travel again
River in Sight likes this.

Last edited by 59Impala; Jan 16, 2021 at 1:20 pm Reason: Typo
Old Jan 16, 2021, 1:19 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster

not so sure, what they're doing... rates have gone up again and are insane.... luckily I have my reservation already. it's not available any longer...if I research availablility again, rate is 670$

Old Jan 16, 2021, 5:52 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
I noticed the Alila nearby was showing rates at $700+ also for their opening in Feb-probably won't happen. Aviara regularly is $400 as once you get south of Monarch Beach in So OC, there are few truly aspitational properties, plus summers and weekends are always in high demand. There's always the San Clemente Inn for $116 and you can get the best corned beef hash at Adele's there. (She claims she buys it in a can, but it doesn't matter.) There are a slew of IHG properties in that area, with decent rates-none right on the water as I recall. And Wyndham has a timeshare resort which actually isn't too bad, and it's at the pier (across the street from the beach as almost 100% of California properties must be as the beach is public property.)
Old Jan 16, 2021, 6:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What's the difference between the two hotels? I'm not familiar with the brands.

To me, the "pictures" in the OP aren't appealing except for the sunset. The first one reminds me of IKEA with a somewhat Spanish beach feel.
Old Jan 16, 2021, 9:45 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What's the difference between the two hotels? I'm not familiar with the brands.

To me, the "pictures" in the OP aren't appealing except for the sunset. The first one reminds me of IKEA with a somewhat Spanish beach feel.
I asked the same question in post 26. answer in 27:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32931998-post27.html
Old Jan 17, 2021, 1:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I asked the same question in post 26. answer in 27:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32931998-post27.html
Yes, I saw that and didn't consider it to be a complete answer. I was hoping someone could say more about the comparison or even what one or both of the brands are supposed to be.
59Impala likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2021, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
OK, I'm a liitle confused if these two hotels are going to make up this whole complex. I have family members who live about two blocks away from this project, so I walked around this site a few days ago. There is a banner hanging from the side of the southern building (the one on the south side of Mission Ave and directly in front of the Spring Hill Suites) indicating that it will be the Seabird hotel. And there is a banner on the northern building (north of Mission Ave) indicating that it will be the Mission Pacific hotel. I thought these two hotels were going to be located side-by-side on that southern U-shaped building in the photo. But apparently not. What was also confusing is that the "Top Gun house" which was mentioned as being part of the Mission Pacific hotel, used to be located on the southwest corner of this whole complex site, but is now moved and located in the northern complex.

Also, I remember when this construction project started, there was a sign on the perimeter wall of the northern complex site (where the Mission Pcific hotel will be located) that a Holiday Inn was going to be there. That sign doesn't seem to be there anymore.
Old Jan 20, 2021, 3:45 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
not so sure, what they're doing... rates have gone up again and are insane.... luckily I have my reservation already. it's not available any longer...if I research availablility again, rate is 670$
59Impala, I saw the same fluctuation as you, but now next December I see sub $300 rates using my corporate code.
59Impala likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2021, 2:35 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster

Originally Posted by River in Sight
59Impala, I saw the same fluctuation as you, but now next December I see sub $300 rates using my corporate code.
yep, my 270$ rate is also available again.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 2:11 pm

Both hotels currently seem to only allow cash and points in the near term. Rates in mid-July are identical, $322 cash, 10K/$195 C+P. No points only. Later, rates jump but still no points only availability that I saw. Both have a $42 resort fee waived for Globalists.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 3:12 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by xooz
Both hotels currently seem to only allow cash and points in the near term. Rates in mid-July are identical, $322 cash, 10K/$195 C+P. No points only. Later, rates jump but still no points only availability that I saw. Both have a $42 resort fee waived for Globalists.
Not sure about the exact dates you were looking at, but it seems like it was a glitch only showing cash and points online. When I called to make an award booking, I want to say every day that showed cash and points availability was also available for an all points booking. There were no specialty awards for any dates that I checked.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by spgplat21
Not sure about the exact dates you were looking at, but it seems like it was a glitch only showing cash and points online. When I called to make an award booking, I want to say every day that showed cash and points availability was also available for an all points booking. There were no specialty awards for any dates that I checked.
Yes, just checked online. July 16 for one night showed the prices above for both hotels, but no 20K point night. Other one night searches show similar results. Good to know calling would work.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 1:15 pm

Programs: 2mm+ UAL | Lifetime Titanium Marriott | Globalist Hyatt | SpireElite IHG
Rode by both of these this weekend while in a charity bike ride rolling through Oside. Both are looking very close to finished, and both have their formal name signs permanently up now. Should be great properties, in a very cool town still a bit undiscovered. OSide downtown has undergone massive changes over the last 5-10yrs, and is in a very cool gentrification tipping point space, where there's Zagat rated restos & high-end craft cocktail bars, while still having some of its surf ghetto realness & a beachwalk where you can catch lowrider slow roll parades on a nice Sunday, and these hotels will probably roll us into full resort town mode. Progress is unstoppable.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 7:34 pm

Seems like the two properties are open for business end of May 2021. 20k points for rates around $300-$500. 40k for a premium suite. Pictures (and artist renderings) look nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.