Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Center City Philadelphia - New Go-To Hyatt In Philadelphia

Old Oct 12, 20, 9:28 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold

Hyatt Centric Center City Philadelphia

1 Review | 100% Recommended

1620 Chancellor Street Philadelphia, PA US 19103

Hyatt Centric Center City Philadelphia - New Go-To Hyatt In Philadelphia (21 Photos)

Overall

Due to COVID, there's unfortunately not a lot to say about the soft side of the hotel (F&B, service), but given the brand new physical product, this is the new go-to Hyatt in Philly.

Check In

I checked in around 9:30pm and the place was dead quiet. Check-in was quick and efficient, and I was proactively upgraded as a Globalist to an Executive Suite on the 8th floor. My only knock was that the gentleman checking me in thought that the free parking promotion had ended (which is excusable given the ever-changing promos), and he didn't know how much I could spend on the Globalist breakfast. He did tell me that it would be tough to max out the breakfast benefit, and that if I were getting close someone would let me know.

The lobby is on the 2nd floor and is nice, bright, and airy with very high ceilings and a wall of windows along Chancellor St. 

IMG_0708.JPEG

Room

The Executive Suite was great. After walking through a little entryway, you come into the living area with a sofa, television, a couple chairs, and a desk that also overlooks the bedroom area, which is separated from the living space by a console that seems to be popular in various Andazes (Wall St and maybe others?). There are plentiful electric and USB plugs. Additionally, motion-actived lights under the bed, which is a really nice touch and which I only recall from hotels in Asia. Bed and pillows were very comfortable.

Towel hook placement was perfect, which is lacking in FAR too many hotels. There are two hooks immediately outside the shower door.

My two complaints, both of which are minor: 1) The shower felt a little builder-grade (though it's not a luxury hotel, so no big deal); and 2) the LED on top of the TV console that separates the room is supposed to be controlled by the main light switches. It's apparently wireless, and it got unlinked from the switches. I was thus unable to turn it of when I was ready to sleep. I spent maybe 15 minutes trying to figure it out before calling the front desk. To their credit, they sent up an engineer within 3 minutes, and he simply grabbed a ladder and disconnected the LED from the power at the top of the console. 

IMG_0691.JPGIMG_0705.JPEG

IMG_0692.JPEG1_IMG_0693.JPEGIMG_0694.JPEGIMG_0695.JPEGIMG_0696.JPEGIMG_0697.JPEGIMG_0701.JPEGIMG_0698.JPEGIMG_0699.JPEGIMG_0702.JPEGIMG_0711.JPEG

Dining

Neither the bar nor restaurant is open due to COVID, so breakfast is a grab-and-go affair from a slightly elevated version of a Hyatt Place lobby pantry. The guy who checked me in was right - I had a difficult time spending even $10 on breakfast. Nothing looked particularly appetizing. I got a cappuccino (from a machine), a La Colombe canned cold brew, and a fruit cup. Again, once COVID restrictions are done, I'm sure breakfast will be significantly better in the restaurant.

IMG_0709.JPEG

IMG_0710.JPEG

Service

Everyone I interacted with was very pleasant, which is by no means a given in Philadelphia, so several points for that. The head of housekeeping checked me out - he is incredibly friendly, clearly proud of the hotel, and was excited about having a new Hyatt in the city. He had come from the Andaz 5th Ave, and he has high hopes for the Centric 

IMG_0707.JPEG

This is a really excellent location. A block from Rittenhouse, a couple blocks from the Kimmel Center and everything else on Broad, a couple blocks to shopping on Walnut Street, etc. The map above shows just how central the location is. 

IMG_0715.JPEGIMG_0716.JPEG

Gym

The gym is on the the 3rd floor and is larger than the photo suggests, but there was someone working out on the other side, and I didn't want to photograph him.

IMG_0713.JPEGIMG_0714.JPEG

Would you like to write a review on the Hyatt Centric Center City Philadelphia?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Oct 15, 20, 12:01 am

Thank you for your review! I'm looking to check it out sometime soon. Did you figure out how the parking worked? Is it self park and you can charge to the room and they'll waive the fee?
Old Oct 15, 20, 6:09 am
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by cruisingmickey View Post
Thank you for your review! I'm looking to check it out sometime soon. Did you figure out how the parking worked? Is it self park and you can charge to the room and they'll waive the fee?
My pleasure! Parking was valet only. Its just past the hotel entrance on Chancellor St. they ended up waiving the fee ($58, I think) - the man who checked me out was completely aware of the promo. In fact, he said hed seen some internal communication that the free parking promo for globalists might be extended through mid-2021.
UA-NYC and cruisingmickey like this.
Old Oct 15, 20, 11:49 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Appreciate the review
How are the beds here? Standard Hyatt Grad beds medium softness? or hard or soft? I usually stay at the Bellevue because of the fitness center The Sporting Club
despite the hotel typically being dirty and falling apart from age and neglect.The breakfast is usually fairly good too
Old Oct 15, 20, 2:00 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Beds seemed to be the regular Hyatt Grand beds. I'd say medium softness.

Agree that The Sporting Club is really the only reason to stay at Bellevue.

I think that once the restaurant at the Centric opens up, breakfast will be a nice spread.
cruisingmickey likes this.
Old Oct 15, 20, 2:31 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by hp12c View Post
Beds seemed to be the regular Hyatt Grand beds. I'd say medium softness.

Agree that The Sporting Club is really the only reason to stay at Bellevue.

I think that once the restaurant at the Centric opens up, breakfast will be a nice spread.
Good to hear At least its a good viable option.Glad they didn't put in a cement hard mattress
Old Oct 17, 20, 7:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Globe, AA EXP, Marriott Gold
Looks nice sort of how ikea looks nice. Maybe my expectations have changed, but the "executive suite" looks on the smaller side. I'd still rather have a base room at the FS Philly over a suite here. Even as a globe, the FS philly has been my go to in town (at least pre-covid) and likely still will be.
Old Dec 3, 20, 12:17 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Updated F&B offerings

I have an upcoming stay this weekend and received this communication regarding F&B offerings, which I assume is in addition to the grab and go stuff they have in the lobby:

"Our restaurant, Patchwork, is now open for breakfast on Saturdays and Sundays from 6:30am to 12pm for TO-GO orders only"
Old Dec 6, 20, 7:11 am
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by hp12c View Post
I have an upcoming stay this weekend and received this communication regarding F&B offerings, which I assume is in addition to the grab and go stuff they have in the lobby:

"Our restaurant, Patchwork, is now open for breakfast on Saturdays and Sundays from 6:30am to 12pm for TO-GO orders only"
and heres the menu.

Old Dec 20, 20, 3:09 pm

Does anyone have any additional experience with the valet parking? I am wondering if I can park it myself instead of them parking the car for us.

Also, does anyone have experience with breakfast at Patchwork? Is there a dollar amount limit for Globalists?

I have a stay coming up so I will update this post when I return.
Old Dec 20, 20, 6:12 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by cruisingmickey View Post
Does anyone have any additional experience with the valet parking? I am wondering if I can park it myself instead of them parking the car for us.

Also, does anyone have experience with breakfast at Patchwork? Is there a dollar amount limit for Globalists?

I have a stay coming up so I will update this post when I return.
For liability reasons, Id be shocked if they allow you to self park in their garage as the access to the parking underground parking level is via car elevators rather than a ramp.

I wasnt provided with a dollar limit for breakfast. Id guess youd be fine with a main dish, side, coffee, and juice.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: