FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Hyatt further extends expiration of awards plus more (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/2026402-hyatt-further-extends-expiration-awards-plus-more.html)

antonius66 Oct 6, 2020 9:21 am

Hyatt further extends expiration of awards plus more

https://newsroom.hyatt.com/news-releases?item=124003

All awards, dsu, club awards until 12/31/21 now.
No point expiration next year. Delays to changes like flexible award values.

More time to use points: World of Hyatt is suspending the forfeiture of points through June 30, 2021. As a reminder, the general policy is that points do not expire, but they will be forfeited if a member’s account is inactive for 24 months.

More time to use earned awards: Awards with 2020 Expiration: All unused Free Night, Suite Upgrade and Club Lounge Access awards with expiration dates between March 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020 will be extended to December 31, 2021. Awards with 2021 Expiration: All unused Suite Upgrade and Club Lounge Access awards with February 28, 2021 expiration dates will be extended to December 31, 2021.

In addition, all unused Free Night awards that were earned in 2020 with 2021 expiration dates will be extended to December 31, 2021.

Providing increased flexibility with award chart updates To provide members advance notice to plan ahead and get the most out of their points for free nights, World of Hyatt is making the following updates to its award chart: Off-peak and Peak point redemption is further postponed: World of Hyatt is further postponing the introduction of Off-peak and Peak point redemption (originally planned for March 22, 2020) until July 2021. This means that free-night redemptions will continue to be at standard rates through June 2021.

Annual hotel award chart changes announced: With only a few exceptions, World of Hyatt is suspending its 2021 hotel category award chart changes that typically occur each March. This means that most hotels will remain in their current categories and be redeemable for the same number of points in 2021 as they were in 2020, with a few current exceptions including: 12 hotels will be shifting to a lower award category effective October 29, 2020. This means members will soon be able to enjoy free night awards for less points at Hyatt hotels including

Grand Hyatt Vail (from category 7 to 6), Stonebridge Inn, A Destination Hotel (from category 5 to 4), The Lodge at Spruce Peak, A Destination Hotel (from 8 to 7), and Park New York (from category 6 to 5), and more. Four hotels will be shifting to a higher award category effective mid-March 2021, requiring more points to redeem for a free night award.

parrotheadmjb Oct 6, 2020 9:30 am

Gonna be alot of suite upgrade awards floating around next year... Guess I should re-considering using one of mine on a one nighter lol I was just trying to burn them before they expired.

AndyKehn Oct 6, 2020 9:40 am

Mar Monte going to cat 5 is a bummer. This is a great place to burn a cat 4 cert. Too good value.

jameswes Oct 6, 2020 10:37 am

I'm really glad that they extended TSU. That to me is one of the most valuable perks, and with not being able to requalify this year, I was worried that when travel (presumably) starts to pick up next year I wouldn't have the TSU available for use when traveling with family.

craigthemif Oct 6, 2020 10:51 am

Originally Posted by parrotheadmjb (Post 32726739)
Gonna be alot of suite upgrade awards floating around next year... Guess I should re-considering using one of mine on a one nighter lol I was just trying to burn them before they expired.

Not really... There won't be that many people who did 50-60 nights this year, and those who did were probably using their TSUs anyhow. ergo not that many additional TSUs in the system.

GrayAnderson Oct 6, 2020 11:24 am

The Park Hyatt New York dropping to Category 5 both surprises me (wasn't it once about the most expensive property in the system?) and doesn't surprise me (NYC's current troubles seem likely to be here for a while).

azepine00 Oct 6, 2020 11:28 am

Hotels Moving Down & Requiring Fewer Points (effective October 29, 2020)

● Stonebridge Inn, A Destination Hotel from category 5 to 4
● Wailea Grand Champions Villas, A Destination Residence from category 6 to 5
● Wailea Ekolu Village, A Destination Residence from category 6 to 5
● Wailea Ekahi Village, A Destination Residence from category 6 to 5
● Lichenhearth, A Destination Residence from category 6 to 5
● Parker New York from category 6 to 5
● Grand Hyatt Vail from category 7 to 6
● Mauna Lani Point, A Destination Residence from category 7 to 6
● Wailea Elua Village, A Destination Residence from category 8 to 7
● Kaanapali Alii, A Destination Residence from category 8 to 7
● Vail Residences at Cascade Village, A Destination Residence from category 8 to 7
● The Lodge at Spruce Peak, A Destination Hotel from category 8 to 7

Hotels Moving Up & Requiring More Points (effective mid March 2021)

● Hyatt Regency John Wayne Airport from category 2 to 3
● Hyatt House Nashville/Downtown-SoBro from category 4 to 5
● Mar Monte Hotel part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt from category 4 to 5
● Park Hyatt Aviara from category 5 to 6

hp12c Oct 6, 2020 11:29 am

Originally Posted by GrayAnderson (Post 32727042)
The Park Hyatt New York dropping to Category 5 both surprises me (wasn't it once about the most expensive property in the system?) and doesn't surprise me (NYC's current troubles seem likely to be here for a while).

It's the Parker New York (formerly Le Parker Meridien) that is dropping category. PHNY is still a category 7.

parrotheadmjb Oct 6, 2020 11:30 am

Originally Posted by GrayAnderson (Post 32727042)

No their press release had a typo. It's the parker New York. Honestly if it werent for the good globalist breakfast I would think it should be a category 4 except the location is good.
Its very worn down and I've gotten rates as low as $120 after tax

PG.backpacker Oct 6, 2020 11:33 am

Parker New York, not Park Hyatt New York - it's still Hyatt's global flagship property.

Wintertiger Oct 6, 2020 11:38 am

Just booked two 20000-pts nights at Park Hyatt Aviara for a possible spring break travel.

hp12c Oct 6, 2020 11:41 am

FYI, the extensions aren't going to be effective until November 20, 2020. My concierge just let me know that she couldn't yet apply a February-expiring TSU for a July reservation.

Matt4200 Oct 6, 2020 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by AndyKehn (Post 32726769)
Mar Monte going to cat 5 is a bummer. This is a great place to burn a cat 4 cert. Too good value.

I definitely agree on that. I don’t see it being attractive as a Cat 5 at all. Not only that but a lot of Santa Barbara’s attraction on State Street has died. Especially because similar oceanfront properties in SoCal and Miami (Manchester Grand, HR Mission Bay, The Confidante Miami) are bookable with a Cat 1-4 certificate.

Matt4200 Oct 6, 2020 12:31 pm

I’ve stayed at HR John Wayne recently and definitely not a stand out property. Seems like a very basic HR, the rooms are actually smaller than at other HR properties and breakfast isn’t the best, even pre Covid.

PH Aviara I can see moving up agreeably.

MarMonte, (previously HC SB) - Not worth it as a Cat 5. I honestly see it dropping back to a Cat 4 in a Year or 2.

None of the ones going down really matter they mostly seem like Destination Residences.

59Impala Oct 6, 2020 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by parrotheadmjb (Post 32726739)

yeah, so did I. Used one for a 1 nighter. Still have 12 TSU... on March 1st I‘ll receive another 4... don‘t know how to use ´em all. :) :D