Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Best restaurant in a Hyatt hotel?

Old Sep 16, 20, 4:48 am
Original Poster

Title says it all: What is the best restaurant attached to a Hyatt hotel?

I don't mean which Hyatt restaurants treat their Globalist customers best with regards to breakfast, though that is obviously a plus. I mean which of them would you visit, even if you weren't a guest and received no special privileges, purely on the quality of the food.

Made in China at Grand Hyatt Beijing and the Blue Duck Tavern at Park Hyatt Washington come to mind for me, but I'm curious what others think.
Isochronous likes this.
Old Sep 16, 20, 5:10 am

Maybe Morimoto at Andaz Maui?
UA-NYC likes this.
Old Sep 16, 20, 5:14 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Pur', at the Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme
Old Sep 16, 20, 7:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, All Platinium, Hyatt Globalist
+1 for Pur' at PHV
Santceloni at HR Hesperia Madrid
Old Sep 16, 20, 7:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Pur has/had a Michelin star. Any others?

Maybe New York Grill at PH Tokyo for the overall experience, including the view. Ot the tiny sushi bar on the top of Andaz Tokyo.
Old Sep 16, 20, 8:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Premier Plat
Troisgois at the Hyatt Regency Tokyo (2 Michelin stars). Unfortunately it permanently closed in December.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Sep 16, 20, 8:20 am

Definitely an interesting thread. Hotel dining isn't something that generally excites me. Hotels usually have to have relatively bland and widely appealing restaurants to cater for guests from all over.

I can actually think of a few good hotel restaurants, though, but not too many in Hyatts.
Old Sep 16, 20, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by josephstern View Post
Definitely an interesting thread. Hotel dining isn't something that generally excites me. Hotels usually have to have relatively bland and widely appealing restaurants to cater for guests from all over.

I can actually think of a few good hotel restaurants, though, but not too many in Hyatts.
I feel like it's a spectrum, where on one end you have a fairly bland offering for the broadest possible appeal and on the other you have a chef- or cuisine-driven place to bring in gourmands with deep pockets. Naturally with the latter you'll have the superior experiences.

One of the best meals of my life was at Jean-Georges on the ground floor of the Trump International Hotel — back when it still had three stars and the hotel's namesake was nothing more than a reality show curiosity.

Restaurant le Meurice brings back similar memories. I didn't stay in either hotel.
Old Sep 16, 20, 9:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Hertz 5*, National Executive, Hyatt DSC, HHonors/SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG PLT
+1 for Made in China. Tidepools in the GH Kauai was also unique and very good.
Old Sep 16, 20, 9:18 am

Programs: UA GS 2.7MM, MR/SPG LT Plat
NoMi Kitchen at Park Hyatt Chicago is quite good.
Football Fan and wrldwide1 like this.
Old Sep 16, 20, 9:20 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by josephstern View Post

I disagree with this for the most part. Certainly, some convention style HRs seem to fit this model to some degree*, but I have had great dining experiences at many Hyatts. For urban Hyatts in competitive markets, a bland restaurant would simple not survive.

*I am thinking like in the HR New Orleans. Their lunch buffet restaurant is somewhat bland and is clearly to simply offer something edible to eat to varied tastes of people there for a convention. The quality is good, but it is unexciting. Other places in that hotel offer some great food though that I thoroughly enjoy, even in a city full of great food options.
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Sep 16, 20, 9:28 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LT Globalist
I find "Armani's " at GH Tampa an excellent choice. Often nominated as one of the Top 10 restaurants in Tampa, if not #1 .
Old Sep 16, 20, 9:54 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Pur has/had a Michelin star. Any others?

Maybe New York Grill at PH Tokyo for the overall experience, including the view. Ot the tiny sushi bar on the top of Andaz Tokyo.
Pur' has 1 Michelin star. Blue Duck Tavern, at the Park Hyatt Washington, had 1 star from 2016-2018 but lost it last year.
Old Sep 16, 20, 10:19 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Of the ones I went to (Armani, Pur, Tidepools, Morimoto, Blue Duck Tavern), they were all very good, Morimoto was better than Armani and Tidepools, and Pur was clearly on another level by a notable margin. It's formal French dining, so that format might not appeal to all ; in that case I could see preferring Morimoto. Those two are the ones I dream to go back to.
Old Sep 16, 20, 11:57 am

Programs: *G, OWS
Originally Posted by Sophoclefr View Post
+1 for Pur' at PHV
Santceloni at HR Hesperia Madrid
Santceloni in Madrid has 2 Stars - not quite sure when it became a PH. When I stayed (and ate) there i don't think it was branded as Hyatt.
Looking back at my pictures and notes, dinner there was very good although I prefered the dinner at Club Allard (under Maria Marte - now it's a different chef) the day after...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: