Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

2020 Q4- 2021 Q1 promo: new, enhanced "Bonus Journeys"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 4, 2021, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry a. laska
When will my double nights post?

It depends.

From the promotion FAQ :

17. When will the bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits appear in my account?

Bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits will be awarded to members at the conclusion of the Promotion Period. Please allow two to three weeks after the Promotion Period ends to be posted to your World of Hyatt account.
In reality bonus Tier-Qualifying Nights have been posting earlier (and more regularly) than this. They have been posting in batches, so the nights will be credited independently from your stay credits and will show up in your account activity as "Bonus Journeys Bonus Night" once they do post.

For stays completed in 2020 and in the first days of 2021, the bonus nights posted on 1/7/21. There was another Bonus Night posting batch on 1/20/21 and 1/22/21. Some blogs reported earlier this year that posting would be done in batches every two weeks - and this (roughly) lines up with what we've seen so far.

Reported batch dates:
01/07/2021
01/20/2021
01/21/2021
02/04/2021
02/18/2021
03/04/2021
03/25/2021

If you haven't yet received your bonus nights then there's not much that Hyatt will do to "fix" this for you since the official line is that the bonuses won't post until 2-3 weeks after the promotion end date (i.e. 2/28/21).

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2020, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist

Some ancillary discussion going on in different threads, so thought I'd start a centralized thread for the 2020 Q4 promotion, sourced from OMAAT. Highlights:
  • Triple points starting with first stay (based on base points)
  • Quadruple points at select properties for WoH credit card holders, announced when the promo goes live on October 1st (also based on base points)
  • 15% and 25% rebates (for non-cardholders and cardholders, respectively) on award bookings extended for stays through January 4th
  • Free parking on awards for all members, and on paid rates for Globalists, extended for stays through January 4th
  • Triple points on dining extended through January 4th
  • Every elite night earned during the promotion period (October 1st - January 4th) will earn an additional elite night in 2021 for qualifying towards 2022-2023 status
Registration opens October 1st.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 1:26 pm

VERY aggressive... Hyatt is playing the Southwest card here and is attempting to grab market share/rope new people into WOH. Let's hope they keep quality high so all of the customers they suck in through these promos will stay when things improve (and prices go up)...
Old Sep 9, 2020, 1:29 pm

Definitely interesting. Could easily explode the number of glob upwards but who knows. For me, it is a calculus of finding a way to get X nights to get milestones this year that have otherwise been taken from me with cancellation after cancellation after cancellation of trips AND weighing how many next year nights I'll make use of and seeing where the sweet spot is.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 1:54 pm

Programs: Try to be elite again... :)
I am an EXP with AA - 20 nights fast track to Globalist. Have a Hyatt at 70 EUR a night - plan to get 20 nights starting from Oct. This promo is crazy.
Kalboz likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 2:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
This is an outstanding promo. It's really going to reward people like me who are making a year-end push for Globalist.

With business travel still close to nil, I doubt there will be much if any dilution of benefits in 2021.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 2:33 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Man, this is tempting.

I expect some business travel in 2021, but I have no idea how much. But, there's a ton of Hyatts in NYC that are under 100/night. I wonder if there's value to racking up some nights now, putting that spend on the Hyatt CC, and earning all those points now...
Old Sep 9, 2020, 2:41 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Last 61 days of the year +first two in January at one Hyatt.......great timing. Looks like we'll be a glob for 2022 without ever checking into a hotel during 2021.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 2:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Great promo. Now if only nights earned through CC spend in q4 would also roll over into 2021...
Old Sep 9, 2020, 3:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dkc192
Some ancillary discussion going on in different threads, so thought I'd start a centralized thread for the 2020 Q4 promotion, sourced from OMAAT. Highlights:
  • Triple points starting with first stay (based on base points)
  • Quadruple points at select properties for WoH credit card holders, announced when the promo goes live on October 1st (also based on base points)
  • 15% and 25% rebates (for non-cardholders and cardholders, respectively) on award bookings extended for stays through January 4th
  • Free parking on awards for all members, and on paid rates for Globalists, extended for stays through January 4th
  • Triple points on dining extended through January 4th
  • Every elite night earned during the promotion period (October 1st - January 4th) will earn an additional elite night in 2021 for qualifying towards 2022-2023 status
Registration opens October 1st.
Your last bullet point is incorrect. Only stays with a checkout date on or before 12/31 qualify for Rollover Nights, despite all other parts of the offer(s) running through 1/4.

Other than that awesome promotion!
Brendan likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 3:29 pm

Programs: Globalist, Diamond via Aspire
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Your last bullet point is incorrect. Only stays with a checkout date on or before 12/31 qualify for Rollover Nights, despite all other parts of the offer(s) running through 1/4.

Other than that awesome promotion!
Actually it's correct. If you CO on or after Jan 1, the stay will count to 2021 anyway.
Maui4me1 likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 5:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Wintertiger
Actually it's correct. If you CO on or after Jan 1, the stay will count to 2021 anyway.
“Every elite night earned during the promotion period (October 1st - January 4th) will earn an additional elite night”.

This implies two Elite Nights earned by using the word “additional elite night”, which is why the example on OMAAT mentioned October through December 31st.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Man if my Q4 travel could even be a quarter of what it used to be...would make out great
Old Sep 9, 2020, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by hedoman
Last 61 days of the year +first two in January at one Hyatt.......great timing. Looks like we'll be a glob for 2022 without ever checking into a hotel during 2021.
63 nights at one hyatt including the holidays?? what do you do for a living?
Old Sep 9, 2020, 7:46 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Daftryan
63 nights at one hyatt including the holidays?? what do you do for a living?
Could be doing work on their home or in the middle of a move. Long stays at hotels aren't always work-related.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Could be doing work on their home or in the middle of a move. Long stays at hotels aren't always work-related.
Good point. Hadn't thought of that. Curious to know what brings people to hotels for so long though!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.