Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

2020 Q4- 2021 Q1 promo: new, enhanced "Bonus Journeys"

2020 Q4- 2021 Q1 promo: new, enhanced "Bonus Journeys"

Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 25, 21, 7:22 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: jerry a. laska
Wiki Link
When will my double nights post?

It depends.

From the promotion FAQ :

17. When will the bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits appear in my account?

Bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits will be awarded to members at the conclusion of the Promotion Period. Please allow two to three weeks after the Promotion Period ends to be posted to your World of Hyatt account.
In reality bonus Tier-Qualifying Nights have been posting earlier (and more regularly) than this. They have been posting in batches, so the nights will be credited independently from your stay credits and will show up in your account activity as "Bonus Journeys Bonus Night" once they do post.

For stays completed in 2020 and in the first days of 2021, the bonus nights posted on 1/7/21. There was another Bonus Night posting batch on 1/20/21 and 1/22/21. Some blogs reported earlier this year that posting would be done in batches every two weeks - and this (roughly) lines up with what we've seen so far.

Reported batch dates:
01/07/2021
01/20/2021
01/21/2021
02/04/2021
02/18/2021
03/04/2021
03/25/2021

If you haven't yet received your bonus nights then there's not much that Hyatt will do to "fix" this for you since the official line is that the bonuses won't post until 2-3 weeks after the promotion end date (i.e. 2/28/21).

Print Wikipost

Old Feb 22, 21, 5:32 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro, UA Silver, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by wh6cto View Post
Totally unrelated...does anyone know if the 2 qualifying night credit @$5000 is covered by this promo?
Can you elaborate? The thread is on Bonus Journeys, but your post also made reference to the Chase February promo for 5000 points after 50 transactions. What do you mean by "covered by this promo"?

In general the 2 nights come after spending $5k regardless of what other promotions happen to be running at the same time.
Old Feb 22, 21, 5:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by coleslaw View Post
Can you elaborate? The thread is on Bonus Journeys, but your post also made reference to the Chase February promo for 5000 points after 50 transactions. What do you mean by "covered by this promo"?

In general the 2 nights come after spending $5k regardless of what other promotions happen to be running at the same time.
If I understand correctly OP probably wants to know if the 2 nights from $5k cc spend will get doubled and the answer to that is no.
Old Feb 22, 21, 6:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (2020:Exp), United Gold

Sorry about that. Got confused with the multiple promos running at the same time. I guess the 5000pts after 50 transactions are on another thread (and totally unrelated to this one).

Originally Posted by friedablass View Post
If I understand correctly OP probably wants to know if the 2 nights from $5k cc spend will get doubled and the answer to that is no.
Thanks for the answer, I was wondering since my 2 cc nights didn't get doubled. Quite unfortunate, but also not unreasonable.
Old Feb 22, 21, 8:08 pm

So... what's the next promo?

I'll be switching over to Marriott until the end of April. ​​​​​​​
Old Feb 22, 21, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by fly2nrt View Post

I'll be switching over to Marriott until the end of April.
​​​​​​​Yeah - Hyatt's really making us wait for this one.
Old Feb 23, 21, 6:16 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Free parking for Globalists on eligible paid stays.

As this is the last weekend for this, I'm considering a stay at either the Centric or Bellevue in Philadelphia.
I'm the type of person who would rather stay at a HH or HP than pay $60 a night for parking LOL
Both locations said parking is chargeable to the room (Valet only at Bellevue).

Does the "Members Save More" rate qualify?
Hotels were not able to confirm. They just said should, as long as eligible rate.
Old Feb 23, 21, 6:29 am

Programs: AA PlatPro, UA Silver, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Theicom View Post
Free parking for Globalists on eligible paid stays.

As this is the last weekend for this, I'm considering a stay at either the Centric or Bellevue in Philadelphia.
I'm the type of person who would rather stay at a HH or HP than pay $60 a night for parking LOL
Both locations said parking is chargeable to the room (Valet only at Bellevue).

Does the "Members Save More" rate qualify?
Hotels were not able to confirm. They just said should, as long as eligible rate.
Yes, any of the rates available on Hyatt.com (without using any kind of corporate code/discount) will be eligible for promotions/earning. When you use codes then things become less clear cut.
Old Feb 23, 21, 7:26 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by fly2nrt View Post
As a business, you do have to have an occasional no promo period just so you can see if your promos are doing anything.

​​​​​​​As consumers, if there's no promo from, say, March 1-15, the best way to tell Hyatt to get the promos going again is to not book anything during no promo times.
Old Feb 23, 21, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by PDXpress View Post
As a business, you do have to have an occasional no promo period just so you can see if your promos are doing anything.

As consumers, if there's no promo from, say, March 1-15, the best way to tell Hyatt to get the promos going again is to not book anything during no promo times.
I have it from an excellent internal source that there is a new promo (NOT an extension of the old one)... starting early March details to come any day.
Old Feb 23, 21, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by txhyattlvr View Post
I have it from an excellent internal source that there is a new promo (NOT an extension of the old one)... starting early March details to come any day.
Just saw it when logging into my app!

2000 bonus points for every two qualifying nights (2500 for WOH card holders)

Free Cat 1-4 after first 10 qualifying nights.

3/1 to 6/15

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...eover_en_feb21
friedablass likes this.
Old Feb 23, 21, 8:00 am

3/1 to 6/15
Great bonus for those doing cheap HP stays. Not so great for those doing more expensive stays (vs the current 25x).
Old Feb 23, 21, 8:04 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold

3/1 to 6/15

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...eover_en_feb21
Do the nights need to be consecutive to get the points? I'm guessing that no since it doesn't specify as such.
Old Feb 23, 21, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by friedablass View Post
Do the nights need to be consecutive to get the points? I'm guessing that no since it doesn't specify as such.
No.

Earn thousands of Bonus Points every two qualifying nights they dont have to be consecutive. Plus, get a free night after your first ten nights from March 1 June 15, 2021.
The FAQ seem to be pretty detailed this time around too. This last one was interesting:
25. If I book a Work from Hyatt Office for the Day and then an overnight stay that night, will I receive credit toward the promotion for both bookings?

Yes, you will receive credit for both bookings.
friedablass and fotoflyer88 like this.
Old Feb 23, 21, 8:43 am

10 nights at cat 1 would be 50k which would get back 10k points (or 15k if its a new property with the 500.night bonus) and a cat 4 cert. Not too shabby for mattress running.
Old Feb 23, 21, 8:52 am

Programs: WN CP & A-List, National ES
Do pure points stays count in this new promo?

Search this Thread