Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

2020 Q4- 2021 Q1 promo: new, enhanced "Bonus Journeys"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 4, 2021, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry a. laska
When will my double nights post?

It depends.

From the promotion FAQ :

17. When will the bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits appear in my account?

Bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits will be awarded to members at the conclusion of the Promotion Period. Please allow two to three weeks after the Promotion Period ends to be posted to your World of Hyatt account.
In reality bonus Tier-Qualifying Nights have been posting earlier (and more regularly) than this. They have been posting in batches, so the nights will be credited independently from your stay credits and will show up in your account activity as "Bonus Journeys Bonus Night" once they do post.

For stays completed in 2020 and in the first days of 2021, the bonus nights posted on 1/7/21. There was another Bonus Night posting batch on 1/20/21 and 1/22/21. Some blogs reported earlier this year that posting would be done in batches every two weeks - and this (roughly) lines up with what we've seen so far.

Reported batch dates:
01/07/2021
01/20/2021
01/21/2021
02/04/2021
02/18/2021
03/04/2021
03/25/2021

If you haven't yet received your bonus nights then there's not much that Hyatt will do to "fix" this for you since the official line is that the bonuses won't post until 2-3 weeks after the promotion end date (i.e. 2/28/21).

Print Wikipost

2020 Q4- 2021 Q1 promo: new, enhanced "Bonus Journeys"

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2021, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10

My Cat 1-4 nights seem to have become as valuable as the Club Upgrade awards. 7 and counting (plus 22 club upgrade awards) lol.
You got a leg up on my 5 and 17 respectively.
CodeAdam10 likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 10:05 am

checked out feb 3rd. Globalist posted on feb 18th. They said they are doing the bonus night credits in batches , but didnt specify how often
Old Feb 20, 2021, 10:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by radtechtraveler
checked out feb 3rd. Globalist posted on feb 18th. They said they are doing the bonus night credits in batches , but didnt specify how often
Have a look at the Wiki for info.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 10:55 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, BA Gold, UA Gold MM, DL SM MM, Hyatt Glob, HH Diam, Marriott Ti/LT Plat, IHG Plat
I had a 15-night stay ending yesterday, February 19. The 15 nights just posted to my account, bring me to 78 for the year. Looks like I just missed the February 18 posting of Bonus Journey award nights. So I guess the 15 bonus nights for my recent stay, together with the 7 bonus nights for a stay I've just begun at a different hotel, will post in early March. These will bring me either to 107 or 109 nights for the year, depending on whether the two nights I'm expecting for credit card spend post when my February statement closes.
synergistic likes this.

Last edited by Assimilated Cajun; Feb 20, 2021 at 11:01 am
Old Feb 20, 2021, 12:46 pm

still no extensions of free night awards earned in 2021 ? Awards earned in 2020 have been extended to expire on December 31, 2021. Please write to [email protected] and [email protected] to make your feedback heard about the lack of extensions
beastieb likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Assimilated Cajun
I had a 15-night stay ending yesterday, February 19. The 15 nights just posted to my account, bring me to 78 for the year. Looks like I just missed the February 18 posting of Bonus Journey award nights. So I guess the 15 bonus nights for my recent stay, together with the 7 bonus nights for a stay I've just begun at a different hotel, will post in early March. These will bring me either to 107 or 109 nights for the year, depending on whether the two nights I'm expecting for credit card spend post when my February statement closes.
And sadly anything after 100 is “wasted” when it comes to milestone rewards.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by hoipolloi
still no extensions of free night awards earned in 2021 ? Awards earned in 2020 have been extended to expire on December 31, 2021. Please write to [email protected] and [email protected] to make your feedback heard about the lack of extensions
It's only February, what's the rush? You still have 5/6 months to use it so calm down
UA-NYC and DomesticTravel like this.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by coleslaw
​​​​​​
I got lucky and was able to put 20 (credit for 40) nights on my SO's account, might pull a couple more before the end of the month. Our leisure travel should push him to 60 this year, so I'm essentially a free agent for my work stays again. Glad to have been able to do it this way, I'd be kinda frustrated to not have any perks left to unlock before we're even done with February.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by synergistic
​​​​​​
I got lucky and was able to put 20 (credit for 40) nights on my SO's account, might pull a couple more before the end of the month. Our leisure travel should push him to 60 this year, so I'm essentially a free agent for my work stays again. Glad to have been able to do it this way, I'd be kinda frustrated to not have any perks left to unlock before we're even done with February.
Lucky! I hit 100 at end of Jan. Bonus Journeys is the big incentive right now... we’ll see what happens when that ends.
59Impala likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by synergistic
​​​​​​
Lucky! I hit 100 at end of Jan. Bonus Journeys is the big incentive right now... we’ll see what happens when that ends.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 8:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Bonus Journey nights must have posted overnight Thursday and today my additional nights from credit card spend posted. So now officially part of the Glob-Lite club. Will see if we can reach 60 this year.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
Would be great if they could do one more elite bonus sweep on Monday or Tuesday - so I can hit explorist and perhaps do a mattress run before Feb 28
PDXpress likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 8:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fotoflyer88
Would be great if they could do one more elite bonus sweep on Monday or Tuesday - so I can hit explorist and perhaps do a mattress run before Feb 28
Just curious what good would getting Explorist do and why would it help having Explorist to do a Mattress Run?

The benefits distinguishing Discoverist from Explorist are pretty minimal.

AFAIK they are -

10% Extra bonus points meaning an extra 0.5 points per dollar spent. Which is very minimal.

Club Access Awards - Clubs are currently closed.

Guaranteed Room Availability

Upgraded Room - Since the pandemic reports have been mostly that Discoverists get the same upgrade as Explorists.
krazykanuck likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 9:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, BA Gold, UA Gold MM, DL SM MM, Hyatt Glob, HH Diam, Marriott Ti/LT Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by coleslaw
I didn’t know that. 😢 I guess I’ve never gone over 100 nights in a year before. Yes, too bad. Especially because total lifetime nights don’t matter for Hyatt lifetime status. 😢😢😢. On the other hand, having locked down Hyatt Globalist and Marriott Titanium through early 2023 (and having Hilton Diamond via credit card) means that for the next ten months I am absolutely free to choose whatever hotel I prefer on the merits at a time when many wonderful hotels are offering great rates. This will undoubtedly include a few dozen more Hyatt nights during the year.
synergistic and Pocatello like this.
Old Feb 21, 2021, 8:38 am

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Just curious what good would getting Explorist do and why would it help having Explorist to do a Mattress Run?

The benefits distinguishing Discoverist from Explorist are pretty minimal.

AFAIK they are -

10% Extra bonus points meaning an extra 0.5 points per dollar spent. Which is very minimal.

Club Access Awards - Clubs are currently closed.

Guaranteed Room Availability

Upgraded Room - Since the pandemic reports have been mostly that Discoverists get the same upgrade as Explorists.
this is flyertalk! Points are points
steve64 and synergistic like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.