Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

2020 Q4- 2021 Q1 promo: new, enhanced "Bonus Journeys"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 4, 2021, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry a. laska
When will my double nights post?

It depends.

From the promotion FAQ :

17. When will the bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits appear in my account?

Bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits will be awarded to members at the conclusion of the Promotion Period. Please allow two to three weeks after the Promotion Period ends to be posted to your World of Hyatt account.
In reality bonus Tier-Qualifying Nights have been posting earlier (and more regularly) than this. They have been posting in batches, so the nights will be credited independently from your stay credits and will show up in your account activity as "Bonus Journeys Bonus Night" once they do post.

For stays completed in 2020 and in the first days of 2021, the bonus nights posted on 1/7/21. There was another Bonus Night posting batch on 1/20/21 and 1/22/21. Some blogs reported earlier this year that posting would be done in batches every two weeks - and this (roughly) lines up with what we've seen so far.

Reported batch dates:
01/07/2021
01/20/2021
01/21/2021
02/04/2021
02/18/2021
03/04/2021
03/25/2021

If you haven't yet received your bonus nights then there's not much that Hyatt will do to "fix" this for you since the official line is that the bonuses won't post until 2-3 weeks after the promotion end date (i.e. 2/28/21).

Print Wikipost

2020 Q4- 2021 Q1 promo: new, enhanced "Bonus Journeys"

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2021, 6:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CLEguy
20% increase in pricing through peak awards is more than offset by 200+% increase in earnings through the promo.
Peak pricing is here to stay, the promo is likely very much a one off.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 6:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hailstorm
I hope you're aware that there's a 150000 point limit to the Bonus Journeys campaign. With 18 nights at a Park Hyatt, I'd guess that you're starting to approach it.
Unless it’s Park Hyatt Chennai or the like... where rates are incredibly low.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 6:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by coleslaw
Peak pricing is here to stay, the promo is likely very much a one off.
My first comment in this exchange was addressing the sentiment that the promo should end.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 12:24 pm

Apologies if anyone has answered this already- but has anyone had Bonus Journey nights post since early February? Trying to anticipate when the next tranche of nights should post, if at all, before the end of the promotion period. Thanks!
Old Feb 18, 2021, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by keand
Apologies if anyone has answered this already- but has anyone had Bonus Journey nights post since early February? Trying to anticipate when the next tranche of nights should post, if at all, before the end of the promotion period. Thanks!
Check out the wiki.
keand likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 2:05 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Have anybody gotten their double nights posted today? They are supposed to go out every 2nd Thursday according to the wiki.

Still waiting for the double nights from my stay that was completed on the 5th of February. I'll give it one more week before cancelling my upcoming Hyatt stays and booking Hilton properties.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 3:09 pm

Just be patient they will eventually post.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CLEguy
My first comment in this exchange was addressing the sentiment that the promo should end.
The more temporary things they give us now, the more permanent things they take away later (RIP Diamond welcome amenity point bonus).
Old Feb 18, 2021, 3:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by LH4116
Have anybody gotten their double nights posted today? They are supposed to go out every 2nd Thursday according to the wiki.

Still waiting for the double nights from my stay that was completed on the 5th of February. I'll give it one more week before cancelling my upcoming Hyatt stays and booking Hilton properties.

Uh, you're going to cancel your upcoming Hyatt stays because promo credit hasn't posted yet even though they aren't supposed to post until after the promo ends?

I have not received double nights for a 2 nighter, an 8 nighter or a 3 nighter yet. One was in January, 2 in February
Old Feb 18, 2021, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by SHLTP
Uh, you're going to cancel your upcoming Hyatt stays because promo credit hasn't posted yet even though they aren't supposed to post until after the promo ends?
That doesn't sound all that unreasonable. If it's a matter of a statusless stay with Hyatt (/a status that doesn't really give any benefits) vs. a stay with Hilton with high/top tier status and if the properties are similar in quality/location/price, then it makes sense to go with Hilton.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by SHLTP

I have not received double nights for a 2 nighter, an 8 nighter or a 3 nighter yet. One was in January, 2 in February
I assume after those promo credit posted, a higher level would be achieved. Therefore the upcoming stays can get higher bonus points and better treatment/upgrade.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 4:23 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by xcollon
I assume after those promo credit posted, a higher level would be achieved. Therefore the upcoming stays can get higher bonus points and better treatment/upgrade.
But the T&Cs says its suppose to credit after the promo ends by a few weeks. Mine thus far were credited timely, but I wouldnt have made any plans based on my promo credits getting me to higher level and thusly the benefits of such a level
Old Feb 18, 2021, 4:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
If op is hoping for higher status like Globalist, then he'll only be at 30 nights. He should keep staying at Hyatt anyway to reach TSUs and Concierge, not switch to Hilton unless he's already a Diamond and the property is better. If that's the case, he should be booking at Hilton anyway
Old Feb 18, 2021, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by craz
But the T&Cs says its suppose to credit after the promo ends by a few weeks. Mine thus far were credited timely, but I wouldnt have made any plans based on my promo credits getting me to higher level and thusly the benefits of such a level
As with many Hyatt promos, the processing time stated in the T&Cs is more of a “worst case” (/a way to avoid having to spend CSR resources answering a stream of questions about “where are my double nights?”).
Old Feb 18, 2021, 8:52 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by coleslaw
As with many Hyatt promos, the processing time stated in the T&Cs is more of a “worst case” (/a way to avoid having to spend CSR resources answering a stream of questions about “where are my double nights?”).
Correct, and hence the questions get asked in FT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.