Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

2020 Q4- 2021 Q1 promo: new, enhanced "Bonus Journeys"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 4, 2021, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry a. laska
When will my double nights post?

It depends.

From the promotion FAQ :

17. When will the bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits appear in my account?

Bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits will be awarded to members at the conclusion of the Promotion Period. Please allow two to three weeks after the Promotion Period ends to be posted to your World of Hyatt account.
In reality bonus Tier-Qualifying Nights have been posting earlier (and more regularly) than this. They have been posting in batches, so the nights will be credited independently from your stay credits and will show up in your account activity as "Bonus Journeys Bonus Night" once they do post.

For stays completed in 2020 and in the first days of 2021, the bonus nights posted on 1/7/21. There was another Bonus Night posting batch on 1/20/21 and 1/22/21. Some blogs reported earlier this year that posting would be done in batches every two weeks - and this (roughly) lines up with what we've seen so far.

Reported batch dates:
01/07/2021
01/20/2021
01/21/2021
02/04/2021
02/18/2021
03/04/2021
03/25/2021

If you haven't yet received your bonus nights then there's not much that Hyatt will do to "fix" this for you since the official line is that the bonuses won't post until 2-3 weeks after the promotion end date (i.e. 2/28/21).

Print Wikipost

2020 Q4- 2021 Q1 promo: new, enhanced "Bonus Journeys"

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2021, 11:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CIT85
Terrible feeling with no more milestones to look forward to, this early in the year. I remember feeling that way when I reached 100 nights late in the year once.
I like having goals and milestones are goals with awards at the end.
Even worse - has anyone already maxed out the 225,000 Bonus Points from Bonus Journeys?!

Somewhat selfishly I'm hoping that "Bonus Journeys" doesn't get extended beyond 2/28 so that I don't have to be concerned with going past the limit. I'd be more than happy with a similar (or better!) but different promo that "resets" the limits from 2/28.

Last edited by coleslaw; Jan 21, 2021 at 11:21 am
Old Jan 21, 2021, 11:27 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
Originally Posted by coleslaw
Even worse - has anyone already maxed out the 225,000 Bonus Points from Bonus Journeys?!

Somewhat selfishly I'm hoping that "Bonus Journeys" doesn't get extended beyond 2/28 so that I don't have to be concerned with going past the limit. I'd be more than happy with a similar (or better!) but different promo that "resets" the limits from 2/28.
How on earth did you do that? Stay at some high end properties? a 120 night stay?
Ok, did the math, I guess approximately you spent $10-11 grand on hotels in the past 3 months? or...?
Old Jan 21, 2021, 11:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali
Ok, did the math, I guess approximately you spent $10-11 grand on hotels in the past 3 months? or...?
I haven't spent that amount (yet), but if the promo gets extended by another 2-3 months then it'll become a "problem" (which is why I would prefer to start over with a new promo in March rather than a further extension of Bonus Journeys).
Carolina2Cali likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2021, 12:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by SF1K
But newly earned 60 night milestone free night awards per written policy will expire in 180 days from issuance, correct? It was only supposed to be ones earned in 2020 that extended to 12/31/2021?
My 60 night cat1-7 cert was deposited on Jan 7th or so with 180 day expiration and then updated with Dec 31st expiry sometime in the last week. My guess is that Hyatt knew that requiring CSR/Concierge intervention to extend certificates would be much more expensive than just capitulating and automatically extending the certs in batches.

I don't think there's been any official announcement about a policy change in earned 2021 free night cert expiration, so as always YMMV, but I'm not sure that people need to wait for that 60th night to trigger a later cert expiration this year. Personally I'm trying to get as many stays in while nights are doubled.

Edit to say that I hadn't read all of the conversation in this thread before posting this reply. Sorry don't yell at me AndyKehn
SF1K likes this.

Last edited by joachimm; Jan 21, 2021 at 12:17 pm
Old Jan 21, 2021, 3:24 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
What is Bonus Journeys Bonus Nights about? Three posted to account last month and one posted today.
Old Jan 21, 2021, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by hedoman
What is Bonus Journeys Bonus Nights about? Three posted to account last month and one posted today.
Those are the double elite nights that you get for stats from Q4 2020 and Q1 2021
Old Jan 22, 2021, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by coleslaw

I'm maxed out. Couple of long resort family stays and boom! Actually at another resort right now and will be just earning my regular 5X + 30% bonus like old times. suuuuuuucks!
Old Jan 22, 2021, 1:42 pm

From what I can tell from above replies, there seem to be a few datapoints of bonus nights posting after a 1/4 checkout? Can anyone confirm. I have not seen anything yet for a late Dec checkin w/ checkout Jan 13th.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by Yojimbo1211
From what I can tell from above replies, there seem to be a few datapoints of bonus nights posting after a 1/4 checkout? Can anyone confirm. I have not seen anything yet for a late Dec checkin w/ checkout Jan 13th.
My stays for checkouts on the 6th and 12th of January posted this week. My stay from this week that posted right before the bonus nights has not yet been doubled.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 2:07 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Yojimbo1211
See the last few posts in this thread
Mattress Run for Hyatt Globalist in 2022
The bonus nights for my check outs of 1/1 and 1/10 have both posted.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by mizzou miles
I'm maxed out. Couple of long resort family stays and boom! Actually at another resort right now and will be just earning my regular 5X + 30% bonus like old times. suuuuuuucks!
It may be worth considering booking under some of your family names, maybe with a Prive or Work From Hyatt rate that would get you a lot of the Globalist benefits?

It may not make sense in many cases since there's likely resort fees involved, but when the Prive rate is ~10% or so higher than the member rate then the 4x points may outweigh the extra cost. The Work From Hyatt rates waive resort fees and include breakfast (plus maybe a separate room, depending on the property) so they can also be a good option. You'd also get the extra milestone rewards for those other family members.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 6:57 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by rbAA
Well, if you're still in Bangkok, do some of the day rates for the HR Sukhumvit. US$52 all in and they will feed you breakfast if you get there early enough. I prefer my Thai GF's cooking, so I checked in about noon. Nice place. Doing 5 of those, at least but maybe 10 to get the 5,000 points at 40 and the Suite UPG's at 50. I can easily see doing at least 10 nights later in the year to remove the "stigma" of only being a GLOB-Lite.
Is there such an official distinction as "GLOB-Lite"? My thinking is once you're Globalist, you are Globalist and there isn't a difference - at least no one can tell the difference.

But, regardless, thanks for the input
Old Jan 22, 2021, 7:09 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by Kalboz
Is there such an official distinction as "GLOB-Lite"? My thinking is once you're Globalist, you are Globalist and there isn't a difference - at least no one can tell the difference.

There are any number of FT'ers that use that term, maybe a little derogatory. However, it appears that Hyatt does have an internal rating system, ranking from GLOB-LT at the top, to low-rev GLOB's. That would be me of course, but I'm fine with it.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kalboz

Generally it seems to me that “lite” these days means you get the designation at 30 2021 status nights, and thus some useful perks (breakfast, parking, possible suite upgrade at checkin, etc) but you do not get the valuable perks you would at 40, 50, 60 status nights.

Especially 4 weeklong guaranteed suite upgrades, a free cat 7 night, and access to a Concierge.

Presumably a “lite” Globalist would be in line behind a “full” Globalist for upgrades at checkin.

Assuming this is true, I doubt the people “scraping in” with 15 cheapo $56 paid or 15x 3750 points nights are gonna get the value they think they will.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 8:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Assuming this is true, I doubt the people “scraping in” with 15 cheapo $56 paid or 15x 3750 points nights are gonna get the value they think they will.
"Lite" is still fantastic relative to any other program - breakfast, waived resort fees on paid stays, free parking on awards, guaranteed 4 pm checkout.

I'll make 60, but I'd thrilled to get "Lite" benefits in exchange for only a handful of nights.
Kalboz likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.