Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

2020 Q4- 2021 Q1 promo: new, enhanced "Bonus Journeys"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 4, 2021, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry a. laska
When will my double nights post?

It depends.

From the promotion FAQ :

17. When will the bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits appear in my account?

Bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits will be awarded to members at the conclusion of the Promotion Period. Please allow two to three weeks after the Promotion Period ends to be posted to your World of Hyatt account.
In reality bonus Tier-Qualifying Nights have been posting earlier (and more regularly) than this. They have been posting in batches, so the nights will be credited independently from your stay credits and will show up in your account activity as "Bonus Journeys Bonus Night" once they do post.

For stays completed in 2020 and in the first days of 2021, the bonus nights posted on 1/7/21. There was another Bonus Night posting batch on 1/20/21 and 1/22/21. Some blogs reported earlier this year that posting would be done in batches every two weeks - and this (roughly) lines up with what we've seen so far.

Reported batch dates:
01/07/2021
01/20/2021
01/21/2021
02/04/2021
02/18/2021
03/04/2021
03/25/2021

If you haven't yet received your bonus nights then there's not much that Hyatt will do to "fix" this for you since the official line is that the bonuses won't post until 2-3 weeks after the promotion end date (i.e. 2/28/21).

Print Wikipost

2020 Q4- 2021 Q1 promo: new, enhanced "Bonus Journeys"

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2020, 7:39 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by escape4
Interesting discussion - I guess it will be useful to have the exact T&C for the promo. Sounds like it might be necessary to change hotels on both December 31st and January 4th in order to maximize the promo?
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Yeah if I absolutely had to stay those dates I’d do a 12/31 checkout then 1/1-1/4 new reservation. You’d get double nights for the stay through 12/31 and triple points on both.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by AndyKehn
I negotiated mine to 50 a night and at 30 night the occupancy tax would be refunded. Talk to your local gm.
A negotiated room rate doesn't run afoul of the contracted rate elite qualifying night exclusion?

The WoH T&C seem to preclude negotiated rates under their 'contracted rate' exclusion "...(A “contracted room” is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel or resort and a corporation, government agency, or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time.)" (emphasis is mine). Posted this a couple pages back, but wanted to get your input since you actually negotiated a room rate for a mattress run.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 8:48 pm

Depending how the gm puts it in the system and how good your negotiation skill is
Old Sep 21, 2020, 8:54 pm

Depending how the gm puts it in the system and how good your negotiation skill is
How should the GM put it into the system? Does it have to be coded in a certain manner?
Old Sep 21, 2020, 9:23 pm

I have a +4 to Charisma so I bet I could make this happen.
Pocatello likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 10:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Where do you read that the double nights promo only runs until 12/31. The only thing I saw from the blog is "Every elite night earned during the Bonus Journeys promotion will also earn you one elite night towards status in 2021." The bonus journey supposedly would last from 10/1 to 1/4, so unless there is a specific cut off for the rollover at 12/31 I don't see why it should not work as stated by the operations team.

They specifically said 7 nights would be awarded and 7 bonus nights would be awarded, for stay spans 12/28 - 1/4
Why are you looking at some blog for such information? The definitive rules are those published by Hyatt, in the T&Cs for the offer.
SPN Lifer and 59Impala like this.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Why are you looking at some blog for such information? The definitive rules are those published by Hyatt, in the T&Cs for the offer.
I think we should all just wait for the offer to go live and see the TOC. They could change anything they told people between now and the offer going live.

Id be incredibly happy if they let me roll a New Years vacation into double nights for 2021, since I already have 60+ this year, but I’m not holding my breath.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The T&Cs are not out yet, so we're all speculating. I'm waiting for the official terms before booking my 12/5-1/4 mattress run. However someone in the fb globalist group reached out to hyatt global communications vp and was told that stay ending 1/4 would count for the rollover, so I'm optimistic.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 12:09 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
The T&Cs are not out yet, so we're all speculating. I'm waiting for the official terms before booking my 12/5-1/4 mattress run. However someone in the fb globalist group reached out to hyatt global communications vp and was told that stay ending 1/4 would count for the rollover, so I'm optimistic.
Stays in 2021 should count for qualifying nights in 2021. Don’t see your point as there is nothing to roll over
Old Sep 22, 2020, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by martinplas
Stays in 2021 should count for qualifying nights in 2021. Don’t see your point as there is nothing to roll over
Yes but stay ending 1/4 (within the bonus journey promo) would count twice, once for the normal eqn and once for the "rollover" eqn. So 30 nights would get you 60 eqns for globalist. That's my theory. I put rollover in quote because I don't believe the year has anything to do it, rather the promo just adds all the eqns earned within that period, up to 4/1, to 2021 qualification.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 12:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
+1
Old Sep 22, 2020, 1:56 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG

if you stay over new year and check out in the new year, all nights stayed in the old year under the same reservation „roll over“ as EQN to the new year. That is Hyatt’s standard rule, irrespective if there is a promo or not. I think that is what AndyKehn is referring to.

Last edited by 59Impala; Sep 22, 2020 at 2:06 pm
Old Sep 22, 2020, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by 59Impala

if you stay over new year and check out in the new year, all nights stayed in the old year under the same reservation „roll over“ as EQN to the new year. That is Hyatt’s standard rule, irrespective if there is a promo or not. I think that is what AndyKehn is referring to.
Andy is saying he should get double nights because in his mind it ends in January. Though the Rollover portion ends on 12/31. So any stays 1/1-1/4 do not receive double credit. Is what I and many other posters are saying.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 2:55 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List (+Companion Pass), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum
The double elite nights counting towards 2021 even for stays spanning 2020-21 would be great as the promotion expires on 4th Jan. I personally haven't seen any specific content on roll-over nights promo ending on Dec 31st. I think everything will be clear on Oct 1st once Hyatt releases their official T&C. Given that a lot of people are toying with the idea of staying 30 nights by means of a stay Starting in Dec and ending before Jan 4th, Hyatt may specifically add the clause to invalidate it.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by rrsane
The double elite nights counting towards 2021 even for stays spanning 2020-21 would be great as the promotion expires on 4th Jan. I personally haven't seen any specific content on roll-over nights promo ending on Dec 31st. I think everything will be clear on Oct 1st once Hyatt releases their official T&C. Given that a lot of people are toying with the idea of staying 30 nights by means of a stay Starting in Dec and ending before Jan 4th, Hyatt may specifically add the clause to invalidate it.
I’m basing it off OMAAT using a 10/1 to 12/31 example why else would they do that? On top of that it just seems like common sense Roll Over meaning time carry forward something from a previous year.

It helps me in no way that they do this, it actually hurts me as I have an 8 night stay from December to Jan. But that’s my honest belief.

That it’ll say something like You will receive Roll Over Nights from 2020 into 2021 for Nights stayed between October 1st and December 31st. Either directly or in the FAQ.

Just seems like it should be common sense.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.