Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

2020 Q4- 2021 Q1 promo: new, enhanced "Bonus Journeys"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 4, 2021, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry a. laska
When will my double nights post?

It depends.

From the promotion FAQ :

17. When will the bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits appear in my account?

Bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits will be awarded to members at the conclusion of the Promotion Period. Please allow two to three weeks after the Promotion Period ends to be posted to your World of Hyatt account.
In reality bonus Tier-Qualifying Nights have been posting earlier (and more regularly) than this. They have been posting in batches, so the nights will be credited independently from your stay credits and will show up in your account activity as "Bonus Journeys Bonus Night" once they do post.

For stays completed in 2020 and in the first days of 2021, the bonus nights posted on 1/7/21. There was another Bonus Night posting batch on 1/20/21 and 1/22/21. Some blogs reported earlier this year that posting would be done in batches every two weeks - and this (roughly) lines up with what we've seen so far.

Reported batch dates:
01/07/2021
01/20/2021
01/21/2021
02/04/2021
02/18/2021
03/04/2021
03/25/2021

If you haven't yet received your bonus nights then there's not much that Hyatt will do to "fix" this for you since the official line is that the bonuses won't post until 2-3 weeks after the promotion end date (i.e. 2/28/21).

Print Wikipost

2020 Q4- 2021 Q1 promo: new, enhanced "Bonus Journeys"

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2020, 10:08 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by gooseman13
Just confirming...a stay in 2020 with check out on 1/1 means all nights on the reservation count towards 2021?
Correct.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 10:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by coleslaw
Before the promo was extended the final date for earning double points / nights was 1/4. Now it’s 2/28.
Some properties don’t even know this is going on, much less the extra benefits like free parking for non-Globs on Award Stays or Free Parking for Globs on paid stays.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 10:47 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
There's 51 pages to this thread, with a few comments by me early on but I couldn't keep up, where's everyone going? I still love the insane cheap options in Mexico and Brazil (ocean front of 50 a night, can't beat that!) but I am sure I haven't seen all of the epic finds. Chicago and Albuquerque have some stuff... I know a lot of people mentioned Tucson but I haven't figured out quite why?
Old Dec 26, 2020, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali
There's 51 pages to this thread, with a few comments by me early on but I couldn't keep up, where's everyone going? I still love the insane cheap options in Mexico and Brazil (ocean front of 50 a night, can't beat that!) but I am sure I haven't seen all of the epic finds. Chicago and Albuquerque have some stuff... I know a lot of people mentioned Tucson but I haven't figured out quite why?
In the US I think Tucson, Chicago or Dallas. Even better if you can do a BRG for your stay as I have. Got a spot in Chicago over New Years for $59 + 500 points per night due to lack of Globalist Breakfast. Considering I wouldn’t eat a HH or HP breakfast anyways if I’d have chosen a HH or HP I’m fine with that, even though I feel that Breakfast for 3 is worth much more than 500 points.
Old Dec 27, 2020, 12:49 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
Originally Posted by Matt4200
In the US I think Tucson, Chicago or Dallas. Even better if you can do a BRG for your stay as I have. Got a spot in Chicago over New Years for $59 + 500 points per night due to lack of Globalist Breakfast. Considering I wouldn’t eat a HH or HP breakfast anyways if I’d have chosen a HH or HP I’m fine with that, even though I feel that Breakfast for 3 is worth much more than 500 points.
What's a BRG? I am a night owl, usually skip breakfast, but maybe would stay awake til 6, take it to room, pass out, and eat at 1 pm? Chicago could be nice, but could, and I think they are as shut down as I am at home (Los Angeles).
Old Dec 27, 2020, 12:55 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
What's a BRG? I am a night owl, usually skip breakfast, but maybe would stay awake til 6, take it to room, pass out, and eat at 1 pm? Chicago could be nice, but could, and I think they are as shut down as I am at home (Los Angeles).
BRG: Best Rate Guarantee. Hotels guarantee the best rate if booked on own website. If you get a cheaper rate with the exact same included services on e.g. a 3rd party site, the hotel will match that rate and maybe give you some additional benefit in form of points or additional discount.

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI
Old Dec 27, 2020, 1:47 am

Oh, I saw this Best Rate Guarantee thing when my boyfriend found a hotel on Priceline (not the hot/express deals thing) that was cheaper than my pricing (Explorist) - he claimed it was a special rate only because he had stayed there before but I was also then able to find it. Oddly, it DID charge (well, mention) resort fees when Hyatt direct was not, due to this hotel having limited services because of COVID. I didn't contact them about it, only about a $40 difference and... well let's just leave it at that. I harassed them enough for a top floor room facing a side that was actually the cheaper side, because he's super OCD and sentimental, and it didn't seem worth annoying anyone, even at corporate, for, after all they had done for me Props Hyatt Holiday team!!!

Is it pretty regular people find these rates, or extremely rare? If I find one, and needed the hotel anyway, should I jump on booking it and then contact them immediately after booking, for the additional discounting and points?

Thanks!
Pocatello likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2020, 2:11 am

Oh, I saw this Best Rate Guarantee thing when my boyfriend found a hotel on Priceline (not the hot/express deals thing) that was cheaper than my pricing (Explorist) - he claimed it was a special rate only because he had stayed there before but I was also then able to find it. Oddly, it DID charge (well, mention) resort fees when Hyatt direct was not, due to this hotel having limited services because of COVID. I didn't contact them about it, only about a $40 difference and... well let's just leave it at that. I harassed them enough for a top floor room facing a side that was actually the cheaper side, because he's super OCD and sentimental, and it didn't seem worth annoying anyone, even at corporate, for, after all they had done for me Props Hyatt Holiday team!!!

Is it pretty regular people find these rates, or extremely rare? If I find one, and needed the hotel anyway, should I jump on booking it and then contact them immediately after booking, for the additional discounting and points?

Thanks!
So with the BRG it has to be done within 24 hours of booking. So you’re free to book then if you find a lower rate after 24 hours rebook then file a BRG while cancelling the original.

It’s not super rare, I’ve done probably 9-10 successful BRG’s this year, 4 of them I ended up having to cancel due to COVID and travel restrictions.

The best thing about Hyatt’s BRG is that they also will match and additionally discount Member Rates where the Membership is free (Expedia, Priceline, Agoda). Usually if you punch your dates and hotel into Google it’ll show you all the rates to compare and see if they are lower than Hyatt. I always double check Expedia because many times I’ve found the “Member Rate” to be lower than what’s publicly advertised.

The best way to do a BRG is usually over the phone lines are open until I believe midnight Pacific Time.
Old Dec 27, 2020, 10:09 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Let’s get back on topic for thread

peteropny - co-⎌mod - hyatt
Old Jan 1, 2021, 1:08 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Hi all - does anyone know if free night awards redeemed during the promo period count as eligible nights that roll over to 2021? My counter is showing a clean 0, so I'm wondering if it doesn't count, even though my night tracker ticked up during 2020 after using the award.

Thanks!

khabah
Old Jan 1, 2021, 1:15 am

Originally Posted by khabah
Hi all - does anyone know if free night awards redeemed during the promo period count as eligible nights that roll over to 2021? My counter is showing a clean 0, so I'm wondering if it doesn't count, even though my night tracker ticked up during 2020 after using the award.

Thanks!

khabah
The Rollover Nights for 2021 under this promotion likely aren’t posting until March. But yes, you do still earn the Bonus Night Credit when redeeming a free night or using points, anything that is considered an “Eligible Night” for regular earning will also earn you a Bonus credit towards 2021 if you registered for the promo.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 11:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Unobtainium, Delta Diamond
I am new to Hyatt. I have 30 nights earned in October, November, and December 2020 which should give me 30 nights in 2021 as well as Globalist Status.

I have more Hyatt stays planned during the promotion period in January and February 2021 and would like the benefits of Globalist status during these stays.

Today my elite nights counter reset to zero. Any guess on when Hyatt will award me Globalist lite? I am currently in Moab, Utah at the Hyatt Place working on getting an additional 16 nights towards full Globalist.

Thanks.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by Pocatello
I am new to Hyatt. I have 30 nights earned in October, November, and December 2020 which should give me 30 nights in 2021 as well as Globalist Status.

I have more Hyatt stays planned during the promotion period in January and February 2021 and would like the benefits of Globalist status during these stays.

Today my elite nights counter reset to zero. Any guess on when Hyatt will award me Globalist lite? I am currently in Moab, Utah at the Hyatt Place working on getting an additional 16 nights towards full Globalist.

Thanks.
promo states bonus nights posts a few weeks after the promo ends... so as soon as tomorrow or as late as late March...
lsquare and synergistic like this.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by myperks
promo states bonus nights posts a few weeks after the promo ends... so as soon as tomorrow or as late as late March...
I have it in my head that they'll run a batch after 4 Jan, when the original version of the promo would have ended. I scheduled my first stay to end tomorrow on those hopes - we'll all know soon!
Old Jan 1, 2021, 12:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I checked out after a 6 night stay today and am still at zero. I'm definitely just planning on waiting a couple days for these nights to post and then a few days for the Hyatt CC nights to post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.