Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

2020 Q4- 2021 Q1 promo: new, enhanced "Bonus Journeys"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 4, 2021, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry a. laska
When will my double nights post?

It depends.

From the promotion FAQ :

17. When will the bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits appear in my account?

Bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits will be awarded to members at the conclusion of the Promotion Period. Please allow two to three weeks after the Promotion Period ends to be posted to your World of Hyatt account.
In reality bonus Tier-Qualifying Nights have been posting earlier (and more regularly) than this. They have been posting in batches, so the nights will be credited independently from your stay credits and will show up in your account activity as "Bonus Journeys Bonus Night" once they do post.

For stays completed in 2020 and in the first days of 2021, the bonus nights posted on 1/7/21. There was another Bonus Night posting batch on 1/20/21 and 1/22/21. Some blogs reported earlier this year that posting would be done in batches every two weeks - and this (roughly) lines up with what we've seen so far.

Reported batch dates:
01/07/2021
01/20/2021
01/21/2021
02/04/2021
02/18/2021
03/04/2021
03/25/2021

If you haven't yet received your bonus nights then there's not much that Hyatt will do to "fix" this for you since the official line is that the bonuses won't post until 2-3 weeks after the promotion end date (i.e. 2/28/21).

Print Wikipost

2020 Q4- 2021 Q1 promo: new, enhanced "Bonus Journeys"

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2020, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
With Hilton's announcement, I dare say that rushing to mattress run 30 nights in December / January might end up a bit premature if in 2021 Hyatt feels the competitive pressure to reduce the number of nights required for status / run a double elite credit promo...
Old Oct 29, 2020, 5:31 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by craigthemif
With Hilton's announcement, I dare say that rushing to mattress run 30 nights in December / January might end up a bit premature if in 2021 Hyatt feels the competitive pressure to reduce the number of nights required for status / run a double elite credit promo...
I'd be surprised if Hyatt did that, given the current rollover promotion.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
I guess it's possible, but Hyatt's program is better than Hilton's.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 8:37 am

It's possible, but I doubt Hyatt would reduce the requirements to ~ 30 nights.

My main concern with doing a mattress run is that I doubt I'd be able to use Globalist in 2021 at all. And having Globalist for just 2022 might not be worth the expense.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
It's possible, but I doubt Hyatt would reduce the requirements to ~ 30 nights.

My main concern with doing a mattress run is that I doubt I'd be able to use Globalist in 2021 at all. And having Globalist for just 2022 might not be worth the expense.
Does Hyatt want to make it easy to achieve Globalist? No.

Does Hyatt want to lose a bunch of loyal Globalists who can't manage to stay much in 2021? No.

Something will be done. We just don't know what of course...
Old Oct 29, 2020, 12:37 pm

Programs: AC 50K | WS Gold | Bonvoy Titanium | Hilton Gold | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by rbAA
For all you wanna-be Globalists (present company included,) I found a cound excellent deals for a 30 night stay ending in Jan before the end of the promo period:

Park Hyatt Chennai at US$55 per night including breakfast (or $50 without
HP Macae, Brazil at US$33 per night
HP Garland, TX (if you need to stay in the US) at $59 per night.
For Canadians, HP Calgary airport is $72 CAD / nt ($54 USD).
Old Oct 29, 2020, 12:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Does Hyatt want to make it easy to achieve Globalist? No.

Does Hyatt want to lose a bunch of loyal Globalists who can't manage to stay much in 2021? No.

Something will be done. We just don't know what of course...
I feel like with the combination of ways to earn Globalist that Hyatt has they are doing a lot.

Hilton is severely devaluing their Diamond Status for the next couple years. But they don’t care because their credit card automatically gives Diamond Status so to them it doesn’t make much difference.

Hyatt has given tons of extensions and even given the rollover bonus. I feel if they lowered requirements it would give people a negative opinion of them on top of devaluing the status. I also feel like if they did that the benefits would have to get watered down.

A good chunk of people are now either booking or strongly considering stays bridging December and January to earn Globalist with only 30 Nights. Once all that data comes in January of how many people qualified for 2023 Globalist I don’t think Hyatt would even consider any drastic measures like Hilton.

I think with the Rollover Nights and killer promos (3x/4x, 15-25% Rebate, Globalist Free Parking on Paid stays and Free Parking for everyone on Award Stays) they’re doing a much better job than Hilton.

I’m getting Hilton Diamond just for the fun of it through stays. And I’ll only stay with Hilton maybe 5 nights in 2021. Meanwhile with Hyatt as a Globalist I’ll gladly stay 60 Nights in 2021 because it’s overall much better quality properties and a better program.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 2:37 pm

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
Do I get 25% rebate when redeeming a cat 1-4 cert?
Old Oct 29, 2020, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by stallion114
Do I get 25% rebate when redeeming a cat 1-4 cert?
No.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 3:24 pm

Just an update for everyone still on the fence or even a little unsure about stays bridging December and January counting all towards 2021. It appears Hyatt updated the FAQ so there’s absolutely no uncertainty at all.

“23. How will my nights count if I check in during 2020 and check out in 2021?

For every Tier-Qualifying Night on stays completed during the Promotion Period you will earn one bonus Tier-Qualifying Night toward elite status in the year in which it was earned and one bonus Tier-Qualifying Night toward elite status in 2021. Bonus Tier-Qualifying Nights will be awarded two to three weeks after the Promotion Period has ended. If your stay starts during the Promotion Period in 2020 and your checkout date is January 1-4, 2021, your Tier-Qualifying Nights and bonus Tier-Qualifying Nights will all be awarded in 2021
The last portion highlighted above was not previously there when it was first posted in the promo FAQ. This is an amazing clarification by Hyatt for everyone!
Old Nov 3, 2020, 2:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, SPG Gold, National EC Executive, AA Platinum
For the 30 night stay, can I stay at different hotels for 30 days ending before 1/4 or does it have to be one continuous hotel stay?
Old Nov 3, 2020, 2:26 pm

If you want double nights for a stay towards next year the checkout date has to be next year. So if you checkout of hotel A on Dec 15th it won't count as double just because you check into hotel B... So to answer your question one single 30 night stay.

If you checkout of hotel A today and into hotel B today, Hyatt posts A separately than B. Its not treated any different during the promotion.
poptarts likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2020, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by poptarts
For the 30 night stay, can I stay at different hotels for 30 days ending before 1/4 or does it have to be one continuous hotel stay?
It has to be one continuous stay at the same hotel, with check-out on 1-4 January.
poptarts likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2020, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Has anyone had an issues with the incorrect amount of points posting?

I recently completed a stay that totaled 240,000 points. I have the Hyatt card, so 25% rebate = 60,000 points. However, I only received 54,000 points back. Points posted in two transactions (photo below) and it seems I got the correct points for the Hyatt Card bonus (10%) but only got 12.5% for the regular promo. I know its only 6k points, but something to double check.

Old Nov 3, 2020, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by Dsm2m2
Has anyone had an issues with the incorrect amount of points posting?

I recently completed a stay that totaled 240,000 points. I have the Hyatt card, so 25% rebate = 60,000 points. However, I only received 54,000 points back. Points posted in two transactions (photo below) and it seems I got the correct points for the Hyatt Card bonus (10%) but only got 12.5% for the regular promo. I know its only 6k points, but something to double check.

Technically not incorrect, you just hit the "MAX" for the initial 15%

All Members: Members can receive 15% Bonus Points back on the World of Hyatt points they redeem for Free Night Awards, Points + Cash stays, room upgrades, dining and spa services, Exhale classes and spa therapies, FIND experiences and Lindblad excursions during the Promotion Period. Maximum 30,000 Bonus Points per transaction may be earned under this offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.