Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

2020 Q4- 2021 Q1 promo: new, enhanced "Bonus Journeys"

Old Feb 4, 2021, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry a. laska
When will my double nights post?

It depends.

From the promotion FAQ :

17. When will the bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits appear in my account?

Bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits will be awarded to members at the conclusion of the Promotion Period. Please allow two to three weeks after the Promotion Period ends to be posted to your World of Hyatt account.
In reality bonus Tier-Qualifying Nights have been posting earlier (and more regularly) than this. They have been posting in batches, so the nights will be credited independently from your stay credits and will show up in your account activity as "Bonus Journeys Bonus Night" once they do post.

For stays completed in 2020 and in the first days of 2021, the bonus nights posted on 1/7/21. There was another Bonus Night posting batch on 1/20/21 and 1/22/21. Some blogs reported earlier this year that posting would be done in batches every two weeks - and this (roughly) lines up with what we've seen so far.

Reported batch dates:
01/07/2021
01/20/2021
01/21/2021
02/04/2021
02/18/2021
03/04/2021
03/25/2021

If you haven't yet received your bonus nights then there's not much that Hyatt will do to "fix" this for you since the official line is that the bonuses won't post until 2-3 weeks after the promotion end date (i.e. 2/28/21).

Print Wikipost

2020 Q4- 2021 Q1 promo: new, enhanced "Bonus Journeys"

Old Oct 5, 2020, 2:23 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by Matt4200
I guess it just depends on what you value. If you have planned travel in 2021/2022 that Globalist Benefits, Suite Upgrade Awards, and Category Certificates would significantly improve then it’s the way to go. Even though you’re paying for the HH stay, you’re thinking in your mind about the next stay at Andaz Maui, or Park Hyatt NYC, or Ventana Big Sur. That’s where all the perks become useful, especially if you’re traveling with family.

But if you rarely would go to an Andaz, Hyatt Centric, Park Hyatt and mainly only stay at Hyatt House or Hyatt Place then Globalist and the Milestones that come with it are virtually worthless to you.
Yeah, I get that you can cost-benefit analysis this.

But to me, it makes sense to earn status while enjoying status. Status becomes the gift that keeps on giving more gifts. Travel is done for fun (and/or work), not for 'future' fun. Much more valuable (generally speaking) to enjoy suite upgrades, eat free breakfasts, etc based on status earned last year while earning suite upgrades, free breakfasts, etc. for next year Vs dumping a couple grand doing some month long stay at a budget hotel to earn those same benefits for a couple of stays next year (During which, you don't know what promotions you are missing out on by not staying somewhere else!); ; then, next year you cost benefit the dumping of some cash and earning some benefit for some trips within some other program for the next year!

People can do whatever they want, go for it! For me, Promos within my programs can encourage a trip or two, but I just can't get into the idea of investing into a program unnaturally enough to stay (or pretend to stay) at a HH for a month. You can too easily set yourself up to be disappointed.
JustinTJ and flyertalker28120 like this.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by MarkOK
Yeah, I get that you can cost-benefit analysis this.

But to me, it makes sense to earn status while enjoying status. Status becomes the gift that keeps on giving more gifts. Travel is done for fun (and/or work), not for 'future' fun. Much more valuable (generally speaking) to enjoy suite upgrades, eat free breakfasts, etc based on status earned last year while earning suite upgrades, free breakfasts, etc. for next year Vs dumping a couple grand doing some month long stay at a budget hotel to earn those same benefits for a couple of stays next year (During which, you don't know what promotions you are missing out on by not staying somewhere else!); ; then, next year you cost benefit the dumping of some cash and earning some benefit for some trips within some other program for the next year!

People can do whatever they want, go for it! For me, Promos within my programs can encourage a trip or two, but I just can't get into the idea of investing into a program unnaturally enough to stay (or pretend to stay) at a HH for a month. You can too easily set yourself up to be disappointed.
You could not have said that any better.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 3:04 pm

Programs: Try to be elite again... :)
I quite do not understand why there is emotion side of the things re. this promo. Staying 30 nights at HH is an investment, and investment comes at risk. You value the NPV of the investment based on your own perimeters (future benefit you get etc.) and it can be positive or negative. If this investment proves to be super positive NPV, I do not see why you should not go for it. Obviously, if it just breakeven for you, then consider again before investment...
Old Oct 5, 2020, 9:39 pm

Programs: AC 50K | WS Gold | Bonvoy Titanium | Hilton Gold | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Tommys888
I quite do not understand why there is emotion side of the things re. this promo. Staying 30 nights at HH is an investment, and investment comes at risk. You value the NPV of the investment based on your own perimeters (future benefit you get etc.) and it can be positive or negative. If this investment proves to be super positive NPV, I do not see why you should not go for it. Obviously, if it just breakeven for you, then consider again before investment...
This is how I view it. I'm paying for 30 nights at HH ($1-2k) as an investment in hopes that 1. next year I'll be able to travel, and 2. next year I'll be able to get more than the amount I spent back in hotel upgrades, breakfast, point earnings, etc.
lsquare and ne0ven0m like this.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by thereisnoaddress
This is how I view it. I'm paying for 30 nights at HH ($1-2k) as an investment in hopes that 1. next year I'll be able to travel, and 2. next year I'll be able to get more than the amount I spent back in hotel upgrades, breakfast, point earnings, etc.
That's exactly how I see it.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 10:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Dia, MM, DGAEZ
back to back from german customer service.
the 30 night over new years eve will NOT provide the quick globalist.
hm...
we def. need more clarification
Old Oct 6, 2020, 10:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Onewhoknows
back to back from german customer service.
the 30 night over new years eve will NOT provide the quick globalist.
hm...
we def. need more clarification
I guess people have gotten conflicting answers. I feel like the FAQ Support it and have personally reached out to double check which also supported it.

What exactly was their response? Was it that all night stayed in 2020 will count towards 2020 Elite Status or did they just not even explain giving a flat out “No”?
Old Oct 6, 2020, 10:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Dia, MM, DGAEZ
Originally Posted by Matt4200
I guess people have gotten conflicting answers. I feel like the FAQ Support it and have personally reached out to double check which also supported it.

What exactly was their response? Was it that all night stayed in 2020 will count towards 2020 Elite Status or did they just not even explain giving a flat out “No”?
nights in 2020 count for 2020 and 2021 , not double for 2021, regardless check out
Old Oct 6, 2020, 10:41 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
nights in 2020 count for 2020 and 2021 , not double for 2021, regardless check out
Which, as has been noted above, contradicts the longstanding Hyatt policy that stays over 31 December credit into the new year only.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 10:46 pm

That would require Hyatt to overhaul their entire IT system, not to mention contradict the T&C of the promos and countless other communications from Hyatt officials. This matter is already settled no need to spread FUD anymore. If you're scared that crossover stay wont count then dont do it.

German CS lol I dont know if I even trust any American CS let alone those clueless Europeans.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 11:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AndyKehn
That would require Hyatt to overhaul their entire IT system, not to mention contradict the T&C of the promos and countless other communications from Hyatt officials. This matter is already settled no need to spread FUD anymore. If you're scared that crossover stay wont count then dont do it.

German CS lol I dont know if I even trust any American CS let alone those clueless Europeans.
Based on my reading of the FAQ and the green light from Hyatt Concierge I’m trusting it’ll work.

I feel like it’d be very hard for Hyatt to change how they count nights since historically any stay bridging years goes towards the New Year. On top of that the countless people who have messaged and gotten confirmations what do they tell them? That they were misinformed? They’d definitely have to do something for them to make that right.

It’s more logical to just go with how it would naturally go for Hyatt than to try to do partial double EQN’s here and there. The amount of people actually doing significant stays (25+ Actual Nights) bridging into January is very minute despite how many people talk about it here. I’d estimate 100 people actually do it and that’s a very small number for Hyatt to worry about, even 150 or 200 is relatively small compared to the overall pool of Globalists each year.

I’ve posted the response I received above which confirmed that stays between December and January receive double credit all going towards 2021, none going towards 2020.
SPN Lifer, lsquare and poptarts like this.
Old Oct 7, 2020, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond

Save your prejudices for elsewhere.

By most FTer accounts, the European Concierges (based in Germany) are more competent than the US ones...
Old Oct 7, 2020, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by craigthemif

By most FTer accounts, the European Concierges (based in Germany) are more competent than the US ones...
Actual source?
Old Oct 7, 2020, 6:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
This matter is already settled
lol, that's a good one. It's not settled until Jan. 5, 2021 at the earliest, and possibly months thereafter, as people battle with Hyatt cs over credit denials.

Personally I could not care less.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2020, 7:47 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG

Originally Posted by lsquare
Actual source?
Originally Posted by craigthemif

fully agree craigthemif my concierge is based in Mainz. She is top top!! Also her stand-ins are very good.
craigthemif likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.