Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

2020 Q4- 2021 Q1 promo: new, enhanced "Bonus Journeys"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 4, 2021, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry a. laska
When will my double nights post?

It depends.

From the promotion FAQ :

17. When will the bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits appear in my account?

Bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits will be awarded to members at the conclusion of the Promotion Period. Please allow two to three weeks after the Promotion Period ends to be posted to your World of Hyatt account.
In reality bonus Tier-Qualifying Nights have been posting earlier (and more regularly) than this. They have been posting in batches, so the nights will be credited independently from your stay credits and will show up in your account activity as "Bonus Journeys Bonus Night" once they do post.

For stays completed in 2020 and in the first days of 2021, the bonus nights posted on 1/7/21. There was another Bonus Night posting batch on 1/20/21 and 1/22/21. Some blogs reported earlier this year that posting would be done in batches every two weeks - and this (roughly) lines up with what we've seen so far.

Reported batch dates:
01/07/2021
01/20/2021
01/21/2021
02/04/2021
02/18/2021
03/04/2021
03/25/2021

If you haven't yet received your bonus nights then there's not much that Hyatt will do to "fix" this for you since the official line is that the bonuses won't post until 2-3 weeks after the promotion end date (i.e. 2/28/21).

Print Wikipost

2020 Q4- 2021 Q1 promo: new, enhanced "Bonus Journeys"

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2020, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
I did, but I was hoping to get some sort of confirmation that everything is good to go.

Also I read that if I were to book a stay in December and check-out in January 2021, then I'll get double EQNs in 2020? Did Hyatt addressed this in the T&C?
You would get 0 eqns for 2020 and 2x eqns in 2021
Old Oct 1, 2020, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by liondragonx5y
Try registering again and if it comes up as an error then you are definitely registered.
I got an error message trying to register again.

We're Sorry

You are already registered for this offer.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AndyKehn
You would get 0 eqns for 2020 and 2x eqns in 2021
Oh? I guess I misread it? Was that always the case? So it's confirmed that if I book a stay from December 1, 2020 to January 4, 2021, I'll get 60+EQNs for 30+ paid nights?
Old Oct 1, 2020, 9:09 pm

Oh? I guess I misread it? Was that always the case? So it's confirmed that if I book a stay from December 1, 2020 to January 4, 2021, I'll get 60+EQNs for 30+ paid nights?
Yes this has always been the case
Old Oct 1, 2020, 11:39 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
How can I confirm that I have registered properly so that all of my stays will count for the double EQNs?
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
register (again), and if already registered, you will get an error message. I usually register twice to be sure... an email confirmation would be nicer though...
24.05.2004 and dsquared37 like this.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 12:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
In that case you’d receive 0 Nights for 2020 and 68 Nights for 2021. I confirmed with WOH Concierge this morning via Twitter as the wording on the FAQ was a little unclear, just so there’d be absolutely no doubt in anyone’s minds.

As a side note I’ve noticed several properties between yesterday and today have increased rates for stays from October to December. Don’t know if it’s due to increased bookings, or simply because of the offer but that’s what I’ve noticed.
lsquare likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Matt4200
In that case you’d receive 0 Nights for 2020 and 68 Nights for 2021. I confirmed with WOH Concierge this morning via Twitter as the wording on the FAQ was a little unclear, just so there’d be absolutely no doubt in anyone’s minds.

As a side note I’ve noticed several properties between yesterday and today have increased rates for stays from October to December. Don’t know if it’s due to increased bookings, or simply because of the offer but that’s what I’ve noticed.
I don't have to start from December 31st right? As long as I start in December, but check-out on January 4, 2021, then I'll get the double EQN?
Old Oct 2, 2020, 1:49 am

I don't have to start from December 31st right? As long as I start in December, but check-out on January 4, 2021, then I'll get the double EQN?
No, I posed the question to WOH Concierge for a stay of 12/28-1/4 (7 days) and they said 14 Elite Nights would be credited to 2021, none to 2020. Hopefully that clears things up once and for all.
lsquare likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 2:05 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Matt4200
No, I posed the question to WOH Concierge for a stay of 12/28-1/4 (7 days) and they said 14 Elite Nights would be credited to 2021, none to 2020. Hopefully that clears things up once and for all.
Yeah, but initially the concierge said something differently. He/she since got the post in question removed. People on another forum also received info contradicting your example above through Hyatt's twitter account.

Consequently, I don't put much faith in any statement by Hyatt social-media reps on this issue.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by funkydrummer
Yeah, but initially the concierge said something differently. He/she since got the post in question removed. People on another forum also received info contradicting your example above through Hyatt's twitter account.

Consequently, I don't put much faith in any statement by Hyatt social-media reps on this issue.
I mean the FAQ question 23 seems like it would support that all credits that would be earned and credited toward 2021 regularly would be doubled.

The social media reps from Hyatt are from their Globalist Concierge.

Feel free to post links to other responses from Hyatt so the community can review though.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 2:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by txhyattlvr
And yet I suspect Hyatt (and respective property owners) make little to no money from his business.... I say this without disrespect, but I think he sucks a lot of benefits out while actually paying very little.... Someday this will end when hotels go the way of airlines and link loyalty to actual $$ spending. Hyatt is already setup to do this with base points... and I for one will welcome it when they do require 35,000 - 50,000 base points a year to maintain Globalist.
So why Hyatt doesn't roll over base points earned in Q4 2020 into 2021?
Old Oct 2, 2020, 4:57 am

Looks like this offer has been updated, and some of the qualifying hotels now have a promotional period ending Jan 31. So if you're planning a rollover mattress run and any of these properties are convenient:

Hyatt Place at Wichita State University
Thompson Dallas
El Capitan Hotel (Merced, California)
Hyatt Place Fairbanks
Hyatt Place Evansville / Downtown
UrCove Shanghai Jing'an
You can stack up points very nicely.

Last edited by Cotton Candy Lobster; Oct 2, 2020 at 5:23 am
Old Oct 2, 2020, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Cotton Candy Lobster
Looks like this offer has been updated, and some of the qualifying hotels now have a promotional period ending Jan 31. So if you're planning a rollover mattress run and any of these properties are convenient:

You can stack up points very nicely.
The only useful information in at least 5 pages of this thread!
Fly Me To The Moon likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 7:57 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
I had a pre-existing stay from Dec 28th-Jan 4th. Seems like I got lucky with the timing of the promo!

And, I can't help myself, I am going on a week long vacation in a week (to a city I haven't visited in a long time, where hotel rates have certainly come done quite a bit from where they used to be, the city isn't doing any quarantine rules and most attractions seem open with advanced reservations at least, and flights look empty enough and are dirt cheap)
-- Total points earned with 3x point and globalist bonus and WOH CC points (on a $1200 qualifying spend stay and 1400 WOH credit card charge) -- 25,400 (plus 20.5 points per dollar spent on the inevitable room service dining I will do)
--8 night stay will get me to the 50 nights I need in 2020 to get a couple fresh suite certificates for next year, and with my other stay (above) and CC 5 nights, I will start 2021 with nearly 30 nights! 2021 may become another 100 night year.

Suite upgrade is confirmed (and that feels good to use, I was looking at having all 4 2020 awards expire in February)
Upgrades to F on the flight also looks very likely at this point in both directions for me and one of my travel companions
Old Oct 2, 2020, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by Sophoclefr
So why Hyatt doesn't roll over base points earned in Q4 2020 into 2021?
That’s an interesting question. As of today I have about 75 Nights earned, but only about 30k Base Points (27,981 to be exact) based on the counters in the app. By 1/4 I’ll have spent another $3,500-$4,500 with Hyatt. Yet starting 2021 off with only 14 Nights (assuming the Double Nights for stays bridging years is correct). Altogether that’s roughly $9,000 spent on paid stays with Hyatt this year, which I see as great loyalty, while many are getting 60 nights with about $1,500 spent ($50/Night x 30 Nights x2). If Hyatt made a promotion where that’s possible, then that was there decision. It’s not anyone’s place to nitpick and say that one person or another shouldn’t use it a certain way. Whatever works for your personal situation go for it.

If I came off as preachy before I wasn’t trying to, it was late at night and I genuinely was trying to just give advice that I’ve read all over the forum which was to swipe in every few days and leave clothing/bags. That’s all I was hoping to pass along. I apologize to the community for things getting escalated, it just wasn’t a good day and I hope we can all move forward.

To the Base Points question - I feel like Hyatt sees qualification by Base Points as a small fraction of members. Even though that small fraction would represent the bigger spenders, Hyatt would rather appeal to the vast majority through Rollover Night Credits. It could also be they’re just dipping their toe in the water so to speak to see how it’d work out.
Pocatello likes this.

Last edited by Matt4200; Oct 2, 2020 at 8:43 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.