Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Sofia Bulgaria REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2020, 1:05 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG

https://newsroom.hyatt.com/news-releases?item=123985

Hyatt Regency Sofia Officially Opens
The newly built hotel marks Hyatt’s debut in Bulgaria

CHICAGO (September 1, 2020) Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) today announced the opening of the first Hyatt-branded hotel in Bulgaria, Hyatt Regency Sofia. The 183-room hotel is ideally located in the heart of the capital on Vasil Levski Square and within walking distance of Sofia’s major tourist attractions and government institutions. The opening of the hotel marks an important milestone for Hyatt, thoughtfully growing its brand presence in Southeast Europe.

The Hyatt Regency brand is designed for productivity and stress-free stays by offering seamless and personalized, high-touch experiences. The full range of services and amenities include memorable culinary experiences, flexible spaces to work, collaborate or relax and expansive technology-enabled facilities for meetings and events, along with expert planners who anticipate every detail.

• Facade rendering of Hyatt Regency Sofia

• King guestroom rendering

• Lobby rendering
“We are thrilled to announce the opening of the very first Hyatt hotel in the beautiful city of Sofia,” said Laurent Schauder, general manager of Hyatt Regency Sofia. “The hotel’s central location is perfect for business and leisure travelers alike to enjoy this vibrant city, its vivid culture and rich history.”

Hyatt Regency Sofia offers easy access to cultural city hotspots including the National Assembly, which houses the country’s parliament. Other nearby tourist attractions include the Vasil Levski Monument, the National Academy of Arts, Sofia University and the gold-domed St. Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, symbol of Sofia and one of the largest and most beautifully ornate Eastern Orthodox temples in the world.

Guestrooms

Hyatt Regency Sofia boasts 183 contemporary guestrooms, including 22 stylish suites of which many feature spacious terraces offering marvellous courtyard views. Each guestroom has floor-to-ceiling windows, generous workspaces and well-appointed bathrooms with walk-in rain showers.

Additionally, the hotel’s exclusive Presidential Suite caters to those seeking a refined experience. The suite offers guests private access, a king size bed, an elegantly decorated living room with a separate working area, a fully equipped kitchenette and dining area, and a spacious terrace offering panoramic views of Sofia. Guests staying in suites and Regency Club rooms can enjoy additional amenities such as complimentary breakfast, evening drinks, and hors d’oeuvres.

Dining

Hyatt Regency Sofia showcases the best of Bulgaria’s culinary products and recipes through its deli café - Mama Sofia. This cozy neighbourhood deli is open all day and offers hungry travelers a carefully curated selection of local produce, including pastries, coffees and traditional Bulgarian meals.

Alternatively, The Revolutionary Dining Room and Bar offers guests modern Italian cuisine made from the finest and freshest ingredients. The stylish dining room is a refined space where guests from all walks of life come together to celebrate the everyday.

The hotel’s rooftop bar and terrace, The Scene, provides a vibrant space for socializing. With panoramic views of Alexander Nevsky and Vitosha Mountain, The Scene is a destination cocktail lounge, in a sophisticated setting.

Meetings and Events

Hyatt Regency Sofia offers a perfect harmony of modern design, contemporary artwork, spacious halls and rooftop event spaces. The hotel’s dynamic and attentive team offer empathetic, highly personalized service across ten multifunctional rooms. The hotel also offers 15,800 square feet (1,468 square meters) of event space, ensuring the right set-up for every occasion.

The Loft provides event planners three distinctly designed rooftop spaces available to book individually or in combination, seamlessly catering to gatherings of all sizes. The Living Room and The Den provide comfort, complete with a private bar and a suspended fireplace, while The Conservatory offers an escape to the countryside with its own rose garden terrace and botanical atmosphere.

The 5,700-square-foot (533-square-meter) Vasil Levski Ballroom, one of the largest halls in Sofia, is the perfect location for weddings, conferences and exhibitions. It can be divided into three separate sections and contains four built-in projectors and screens. Alternatively, the Botev Hall on the Ground Level is ideal for smaller meetings and events, with large windows that let in plenty of natural light and views of the lush courtyard.

Wellness and Fitness

The 5,160-square-foot (480-square-meter) wellness center offers guests a wide range of amenities, including three well-equipped treatment rooms, a hammam, a steam room, a Finnish sauna, a bio sauna, a salt therapy, an ice fountain, showers and an indoor hydrotherapy pool. The wellness center also features a beauty salon.

The hotel’s fitness center is open 24/7 and equipped with the latest TechnoGym machines, ensuring guests can step away from any tension and stress throughout the day.

Guided by its purpose of care, Hyatt’s multi-layered Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment further enhances its operational guidance and resources around colleague and guest safety and peace of mind. More information on Hyatt’s commitment can be found here: hyatt.com/care-and-cleanliness

For more information about Hyatt Regency hotels, please visit: https://www.hyatt.com/brands/hyatt-regency

World of Hyatt Gives Members 500 Reasons to Stay Somewhere New
To provide World of Hyatt members even more ways to be rewarded, World of Hyatt is offering members the opportunity to earn 500 Bonus Points for qualifying nights at Hyatt Regency Sofia, from September 1, 2020 to November 30, 2020, part of World of Hyatt’s new hotel member offer. Additional participating hotels and their offer stay periods can be found at worldofhyatt.com/newhotelbonus. No registration is required and members can earn on top of other offers.
Old Sep 1, 2020, 2:41 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Booked a mid week stay on next summer. 5000 points(Cat.1) vs 272€ per night. Excellent redemption value!
59Impala and flyertalker28120 like this.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 3:54 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Qatar Privilege Club Silver
I live in Sofia and last Sunday we tried to have a cocktail at The Scene.
The hotel was empty, we were told at the reception that there might be no seats. We went up to the bar (which is open and on Saturday at 17:00 it was 30 degrees Celsius in the shade) and we were returned because we did not follow any fictitious dress code.
Strange things ...
flyertalker28120 likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 1:53 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Currently in-house.

The property is solid overall, with a few service hiccups, but staff genuinely seem to care and try their best, which is appreciated.

With the current new hotel per-night bonus, award night redemptions drop from 5,000 to 4,500 points for a standard King room vs paid rates around 119 euros to 170 euros.

I am pleased there is another hotel option in Sofia and would return to this property.
Old Sep 26, 2020, 10:12 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
Currently in-house.

The property is solid overall, with a few service hiccups, but staff genuinely seem to care and try their best, which is appreciated.

With the current new hotel per-night bonus, award night redemptions drop from 5,000 to 4,500 points for a standard King room vs paid rates around 119 euros to 170 euros.

I am pleased there is another hotel option in Sofia and would return to this property.
I am booked here in November. Used points like you, even though my corporate rate is only 85euro. Still feeling like getting almost 2cents a piece ain’t bad
Old Oct 8, 2020, 6:10 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I was there at the beginning of September, 3 days after the opening.

The Regency Club is currently closed but Globalist / Club Room guests are getting a F&B voucher instead.

Excellent value on points and the staff is caring and attentive. The rooftop has very great views on the city and the mountains.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 12:47 pm

Programs: Priority Club Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold
I am sure the hotel is empty. These prices a laughable. 180 Euro or 120 euro for the weekend.

You can go to the Intercontinental Sofia it is 500 m from Hyatt and it is better located. The prices in intercontinental are 70 euro weekend and 100 euro during the week. It was rebranded as intercontinental 2 years ago after complete renovation.

Or you can rent for 30-40 euro entire brand new apartment in sofia on airbnb, just check the offerings.

I am not sure that 5000 pts is a deal also, maybe for next year if covid situation change, but for now definitely no.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 1:57 pm

Has anyone stayed recently? Any updates on the Club opening and/or breakfast? Thanks!
Old Jul 25, 2021, 6:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Has anyone stayed recently? Any updates on the Club opening and/or breakfast? Thanks!
Yes. I completed 10 stays since the opening back in September, about 70 nights (great way to escape the French lockdowns..), my last stay was in early July.

Very good property overall. I first stayed there for the opening in September and actually loved it. I was worried as Balkans are not known for top notch hospitality and Bulgaria isn't as developed as other parts of Europe. I always received outstanding service throughout my stays, and never faced any major issues. Even when restaurants and bars had to close because of covid restrictions, the property exceeded expectations. Breakfast spread remained exactly the same but in room service, and the F&B team offered to cook meals of my own choice, outside the menu, on my longest stays. I haven't seen this level of flexibility and service in many places, whatever the brand, since the pandemic kicked in.

Regarding breakfast and club:

- Club was not opened yet last time I stayed, but they were planing to open it later this year. Unsure about the schedule. You get a F&B credit of 30 BGN per room, per night (it covers two cocktails at the bar for instance). If you dine on site, a 3-courses meal for 1 person with a glass of wine is about 60 BGN, relatively expensive for Bulgaria but definitely worth the price.
- Breakfast is served in the main restaurant. There is a staffed buffet, and a menu from which you can order whatever you want. The quality is great and everything is home made (whereas some HR in Europe are offering powder eggs, industrial pancakes, canned fruits since covid).

Both the restaurant and the bar very nice places too, with a lot of local customers, which is always a good indicator for hotel outlets. Both places have a concept and drinks and food are creative. You should likely book a bit in advance especially if you want to get a table at The Scene on a busy night.

Don't use a Suite certificate if you travel alone, Standard Regency Suites are large but nothing to be excited about and no view. Get a room with a balcony instead, or a Club Room on the 6th floor (613 / 615 / 617 are the best). Rooms are all new and per Hyatt standards.

Spa is one of the best I've seen in a HR in Europe.
Old Jul 25, 2021, 9:27 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by llb09
Yes. I completed 10 stays since the opening back in September, about 70 nights (great way to escape the French lockdowns..), my last stay was in early July.

Very good property overall. I first stayed there for the opening in September and actually loved it. I was worried as Balkans are not known for top notch hospitality and Bulgaria isn't as developed as other parts of Europe. I always received outstanding service throughout my stays, and never faced any major issues. Even when restaurants and bars had to close because of covid restrictions, the property exceeded expectations. Breakfast spread remained exactly the same but in room service, and the F&B team offered to cook meals of my own choice, outside the menu, on my longest stays. I haven't seen this level of flexibility and service in many places, whatever the brand, since the pandemic kicked in.

- Club was not opened yet last time I stayed, but they were planing to open it later this year. Unsure about the schedule. You get a F&B credit of 30 BGN per room, per night (it covers two cocktails at the bar for instance). If you dine on site, a 3-courses meal for 1 person with a glass of wine is about 60 BGN, relatively expensive for Bulgaria but definitely worth the price.
- Breakfast is served in the main restaurant. There is a staffed buffet, and a menu from which you can order whatever you want. The quality is great and everything is home made (whereas some HR in Europe are offering powder eggs, industrial pancakes, canned fruits since covid).

Both the restaurant and the bar very nice places too, with a lot of local customers, which is always a good indicator for hotel outlets. Both places have a concept and drinks and food are creative. You should likely book a bit in advance especially if you want to get a table at The Scene on a busy night.

Don't use a Suite certificate if you travel alone, Standard Regency Suites are large but nothing to be excited about and no view. Get a room with a balcony instead, or a Club Room on the 6th floor (613 / 615 / 617 are the best). Rooms are all new and per Hyatt standards.

Thanks for this, booked for September and looking forward to it!
Old Jul 26, 2021, 1:09 am

Programs: Nectar Card

Thanks for the review! Is it one-or-the-other: the staffed breakfast buffet, OR, the 30BGN/room credit? Or do you receive both?
Old Jul 26, 2021, 8:53 am

Programs: LH, WoH, Bonvoy, ALL, SH-L
Originally Posted by futuramadramallama
Thanks for the review! Is it one-or-the-other: the staffed breakfast buffet, OR, the 30BGN/room credit? Or do you receive both?
You receive both.

And I second everything else that poster said, it's an excellent hotel with great management.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 10:09 am

Wonderful! Thank you for all this info. I'll be there in a few days and this is reassuring. I am not using a TSU, so I will just see what room they assign me -- unless you think it is worth emailing ahead to ask?

Is the spa accessible by guests not receiving treatments (massage)? For example, can I use the sauna?
Old Aug 3, 2021, 2:50 pm

I finished up 3 nights at the property. Unfortunately my stay wasn't as positive as @llb09

Lots of service issues including barely leaving with all of my clothing due to some laundry issues. I loved the hard product, but they are severely understaffed. I don't get why management would allow rooms to be booked at a level that they aren't staffed for. More training needs to be done too.

If you want to read my review and see photos from one of the suites, here is my post: https://singleflyer.com/2021/08/03/h...-sofia-review/

Old Aug 3, 2021, 3:09 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks for your review! I'm staying here and the grand hyatt in athens next month so both of your reviews have been helpful in setting expectations.
Single_Flyer likes this.

Last edited by Markie; Aug 8, 2021 at 2:58 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.