Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Can i book 2 separate properties the same night?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2020, 10:40 pm
Original Poster

hello everyone, I am trying to plan a vacation next year while dealing with the reality that some if not all of my remaining 2020 vacations may end up canceled, could anyone tell me if its against woh terms to book 2 different properties for the same dates as I want to play by the rules but still ensure award availability in case my vacation gets bumped to next spring. TIA
Old Aug 19, 2020, 11:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Beachchaser
hello everyone, I am trying to plan a vacation next year while dealing with the reality that some if not all of my remaining 2020 vacations may end up canceled, could anyone tell me if its against woh terms to book 2 different properties for the same dates as I want to play by the rules but still ensure award availability in case my vacation gets bumped to next spring. TIA
You can most definitely book at 2 different properties for the same dates, the only thing is you’d only get Elite Night Credit for one.
Old Aug 19, 2020, 11:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Matt4200
You can most definitely book at 2 different properties for the same dates, the only thing is you’d only get Elite Night Credit for one.
I think OP plans to cancel at least one of the reservations before the cancellation deadline.

The question is whether Hyatt permits "fictitious" reservations of the sort than some airlines forbid, auto cancel, and even view as a reason to kick customers out of the FF program.

Has the OP looked for such wording in the WOH T&Cs?
Old Aug 19, 2020, 11:36 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
As I've posted previously on this forum (usually in the context of elite night credit), I have booked two properties on the same night on many occasions and kept both reservations, occupying both rooms, and I've never had any issues. I have even enlisted the assistance of my Glob concierge in making related arrangements.

There should certainly be no problem making multiple reservations with the intention to cancel later - it's what refundable reservations are for.

Last edited by gengar; Aug 20, 2020 at 9:14 am
Old Aug 19, 2020, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I think OP plans to cancel at least one of the reservations before the cancellation deadline.

The question is whether Hyatt permits "fictitious" reservations of the sort than some airlines forbid, auto cancel, and even view as a reason to kick customers out of the FF program.

I mean yes you can do that, I see no reason or policy saying you can’t with Hyatt. Most on here wouldn’t approve though, especially since they’re award bookings and you’re taking up award space, but nothing forbidding it.

MSPeconomist gengar -

While we’re on the topic what are your thoughts on making two or more bookings at different properties for the same dates?

I was asked to book rooms for family for a get together. Planning 2 rooms at a HR then 2 rooms at a nearby HH all under my name. Not trying to go against T&C I only hope to get EQN for 1 of the Rooms. But not sure if I’d receive Base Points for the rooms at the HH.

The reason for booking this way is my Dad and Uncle would be staying in the 2nd room at HR (which is normal I’d assume). The reason we’re booking two rooms at the HH is because “Minors” (anyone under 21 by Hyatt’s Terms) would be the ones occupying the rooms (6 youths from age 12 to 20 none would be 21 by check in date). Also, they’re all revenue bookings if that makes any difference.

Last edited by Matt4200; Aug 20, 2020 at 1:12 am
Old Aug 20, 2020, 8:55 am

Programs: Globallist
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist

SNARK WEEK on the Discovery channel!!!
Old Aug 20, 2020, 9:15 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by Matt4200
While we’re on the topic what are your thoughts on making two or more bookings at different properties for the same dates?

I was asked to book rooms for family for a get together. Planning 2 rooms at a HR then 2 rooms at a nearby HH all under my name. Not trying to go against T&C I only hope to get EQN for 1 of the Rooms. But not sure if I’d receive Base Points for the rooms at the HH.
Actually, you should get base points for all reservations - just not additional EQNs.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by gengar
Actually, you should get base points for all reservations - just not additional EQNs.
Well that’s good to hear, we called the hotel to double check and yes a 20 year old cannot be the main guest on the room. They said they could be a secondary to get a replacement room key, just not the main one.

It’s not a huge price tag the rooms are only about $200-$250 so about 1,200 points each being earned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.