Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Chase discontinuing legacy $75 hyatt card?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase discontinuing legacy $75 hyatt card?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2021, 6:37 am

That would be awesome. However, is that even an option, once the card gets converted over to the World Of Hyatt card. Even if I cancel, am still eligible for the sign up bonus since now I've actually held WOH credit card?
Old Jan 4, 2021, 6:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by calculus1918
That would be awesome. However, is that even an option, once the card gets converted over to the World Of Hyatt card. Even if I cancel, am still eligible for the sign up bonus since now I've actually held WOH credit card?
It depends when you last received a sign up bonus on the card. If it was at least 24 months prior to when you apply again then it should be fine (based on Chases T&Cs).
Old Jan 4, 2021, 6:48 am

I received the signup bonus more than 3 years ago. There just seems to be so much unknown on cancelling once it gets converted. I feel it's safer if I cancel before the conversion (reading what LAX and some of the other posts here).
Old Jan 4, 2021, 6:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I received the signup bonus more than 3 years ago. There just seems to be so much unknown on cancelling once it gets converted. I feel it's safer if I cancel before the conversion (reading what LAX and some of the other posts here).
If you’re not waiting on any points to post, any spend promos to be paid out or any upcoming award stays where you’re expecting to get the 25% rebate then sure, go ahead and cancel. There’s always the risk that the SUB in two weeks time won’t be as good as what’s on offer right now.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 8:17 am

Thanks for the valuable information, good luck and Happy New Year!!!
Old Jan 5, 2021, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Bear in mind that it is not guaranteed that once you cancel that you can get the WOH as a new card.

Someone posted today in one of the blogs lamenting that he was just denied.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 3:50 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Bear in mind that it is not guaranteed that once you cancel that you can get the WOH as a new card.

Someone posted today in one of the blogs lamenting that he was just denied.
I'm in the same boat, and decided not to cancel and to keep the new upgraded WOH card.

Sure I'm losing potentially 40K (50K - 1 free night when I cancel) points from SUB, but I really don't want to risk losing any (if not all) Chase hotel cards in my portfolio (denied WOH or getting shut down completely). Chase has been tightening up too with people gaming the system so I'd rather play safe and keep good standing with them. Besides I still want to get IHG Premier later, again, this is a more risk averse approach, YMMV.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by vincewy
I'm in the same boat, and decided not to cancel and to keep the new upgraded WOH card.

Sure I'm losing potentially 40K (50K - 1 free night when I cancel) points from SUB, but I really don't want to risk losing any (if not all) Chase hotel cards in my portfolio (denied WOH or getting shut down completely). Chase has been tightening up too with people gaming the system so I'd rather play safe and keep good standing with them. Besides I still want to get IHG Premier later, again, this is a more risk averse approach, YMMV.
For most people, I don’t see any urgency in needing to cancel the Hyatt card and applying for a WOH card.

Sure, in waiting to cancel you’re risking that the SUB will be inferior to what’s being offered right now. But there’s also some valuable promos running right now which make it worth having *a* Hyatt linked CC (whether it’s The legacy card or the WOH card). Once those promos run out at the end of Q1, and assuming Q2 doesn’t bring an extension or an equally good replacement, then I’ll be looking at cancelling my (by then World Of) Hyatt card and applying again.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 3:51 am

I woke up this morning to a shiny new World of Hyatt card account in my Chase app (converted this morning from a Hyatt credit card).

We’ll see how long it takes for the 5 nights to post (assuming we get them on converted cards).
Old Jan 11, 2021, 4:42 am

Programs: FlyingBlue (Platinum); AA (Executive Plat); BAEC (Silver), SPG (Platinum); Hilton (Diamond)
Originally Posted by coleslaw
I woke up this morning to a shiny new World of Hyatt card account in my Chase app (converted this morning from a Hyatt credit card).

We’ll see how long it takes for the 5 nights to post (assuming we get them on converted cards).
Thanks for posting...I have been monitoring as I thought this was supposed to happen on the 7th. Can confirm that my "Card Benefits" section changed as well, outlining the revised benefits in accordance with the WOH card.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 7:19 am

Programs: IHG - Platinum; Hilton - Gold; Accor - Gold; Radisson - Gold; Hyatt - Globalist
Same here - see the converted product in my Chase profile. Did Chase/Hyatt ever confirm or deny that "convertees" will be getting 5 elite nights? What's the timeline? Thanks!
Old Jan 11, 2021, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by totallyi
Same here - see the converted product in my Chase profile. Did Chase/Hyatt ever confirm or deny that "convertees" will be getting 5 elite nights? What's the timeline? Thanks!
I messaged them about it a few days ago but haven't heard anything back as yet.

They sold the "upgrade" as having the 5 nights (plus 2 per $5k) and the extra 1 point per dollar spend, I can't see them treating converted cards differently.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 7:55 am

Programs: IHG - Platinum; Hilton - Gold; Accor - Gold; Radisson - Gold; Hyatt - Globalist
Just found an answer to my query.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32835261-post4505.html - see T&C's

It should take up to 8 weeks.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 9:57 am

@ Coleslaw - Thanks!
Old Jan 11, 2021, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
I assume no one here has received the promised letter with info on the new annual fee? Has the August date been confirmed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.