Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hana-Maui Resort (formerly Travaasa Hana Resort) - Joining Hyatt September 1st

Old Aug 1, 20, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist

The Travaasa Hana Resort Maui will be joining Hyatt's Destination Hotels on September 1st. The resort will be renamed the Hana-Maui Resort.

Full Article: https://mauinow.com/2020/08/01/trava...ment-by-hyatt/
PG.backpacker and SanDiego1K like this.
Old Aug 1, 20, 1:53 pm

So Hyatt took over Travaasa Austin (now Miraval Austin) and Travaasa Hana, any chance it would also take over Elm Court (Travaasa Berkshires) - which is quite close to Miraval Bershires?
Old Aug 1, 20, 2:06 pm

Stay at this hotel before and love it. Very very quiet and zen feel. No beach on site.

Guessing it will be 40K points for the entry level room of junior suite?
Old Aug 1, 20, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
This resort already has an all inclusive model. And has a focus on wellness and sense of place. Itíll be interesting to see whether it remains a destination brand or if Hyatt has other plans for it 😉
Old Aug 1, 20, 2:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Within the last few days, this hotel (preHyatt) has been discussed elsewhere on FT, IIRC in a thread in the Hawaii destination forum. It sounds interesting, but a bit minimal and perhaps dated. I think someone said that it's currently closed.
Old Aug 1, 20, 2:39 pm

Wahoo! Hyatt keeps getting better and better!
Old Aug 1, 20, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PG.backpacker View Post
So Hyatt took over Travaasa Austin (now Miraval Austin) and Travaasa Hana, any chance it would also take over Elm Court (Travaasa Berkshires) - which is quite close to Miraval Bershires?
If there already is a Miraval Berkshires - why would they take over that other property? Not adjacent to it or anything.
Old Aug 1, 20, 9:28 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Gold, ANA MC, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
This is great news! I stayed here on points back in the mid-90s when Sheraton operated the Hana-Maui Resort. Each unit is a spacious bungalow with nice ocean views. As I recall, the beach is a little bit out of the way and there's a shuttle that takes you to it. I look forward to visiting again as a Hyatt property.

Last edited by Nagasaki Joe; Aug 1, 20 at 9:47 pm Reason: To delete text.
Old Aug 2, 20, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC View Post
If there already is a Miraval Berkshires - why would they take over that other property? Not adjacent to it or anything.
I was just asking, it's no harm having more properties, right? And Hyatt can always choose a different brand for it, such as Destination resort like they do with Travaasa Hana.
Old Aug 2, 20, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by bcosinteno View Post
The Travaasa Hana Resort Maui will be joining Hyatt's Destination Hotels on September 1st. The resort will be renamed the Hana-Maui Resort.

Full Article: https://mauinow.com/2020/08/01/trava...ment-by-hyatt/

I haven't heard of any specific date yet and there's none mentioned in the article. Where did you get Sept 1 from?

-David
Old Aug 2, 20, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LIH Prem View Post
I haven't heard of any specific date yet and there's none mentioned in the article. Where did you get Sept 1 from?

-David
https://www.kitv.com/story/42435560/...aasa-hana-maui
LIH Prem likes this.
Old Aug 2, 20, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by bcosinteno View Post
This resort already has an all inclusive model. And has a focus on wellness and sense of place. It’ll be interesting to see whether it remains a destination brand or if Hyatt has other plans for it 😉
not familiar with this hotel but just going on their website, it seems they have an all inclusive option, not an all inclusive throughout model. It would be nice to be all inclusive model where future award reservations may be included 😉. always good to have more options for points-earning/redeeming hotels in Hawaii.
Old Aug 3, 20, 9:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist ex-Diamond; Marriott Platinum Life; Hilton, AA, United ex-status
As I recall, the beach is a little bit out of the way and there's a shuttle that takes you to it. I look forward to visiting again as a Hyatt property.
The black sand beach is by shuttle and seldom if ever swimable, unless you are say, in big-wave surfer shape. Which I never was and now I'm old. But it is spectacular just to sit and watch. In that regard up there with Pulihale Beach on Kauai but on a much smaller scale.

There is also a red sand beach that is a short distance the other direction over a combination cliff climb and sand dune scramble. But it is more of a hippie hollow than a water-entry beach.

Hana after the day trippers leave is too small and too quiet for a long visit, but I'm earmarking points now for a couple of nights.
Old Aug 3, 20, 10:02 am

Programs: AA PLT, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by jayer View Post
<snip> Hana after the day trippers leave is too small and too quiet for a long visit...
That is a matter of opinion and of course depends on what one is looking for.

Regards
Old Aug 5, 20, 9:51 am

This article mentions an Alila "in a top leisure destination in the U.S", could this resort be rebranded to Alila or stay a Destination resort?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: