Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

La Zambra Costa del Sol, Spain (Unbound) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

La Zambra Costa del Sol, Spain (Unbound) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Apr 2, 2023, 8:25 am

Wow thank you for the detailed reporting! I'm assuming you had your own car to go and enjoy Marbella and there's not much walkable from the resort in terms of off-property restaurants and shops?

Originally Posted by rota
7pines Sardinia is absolutely crazy expensive. Our one-week stay costs 29.000 EUR in the laguna view suite. That's why we plunder our points account plus a suite upgrade award for that so we get it for free 🤗

There is no question, that La Zambra is the better value for money right now. We'll see how we feel it with the direct comparison.
Old Apr 2, 2023, 8:48 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist
Yes, we flew to Malaga and directly got our car at the airport. Was a brand new Jeep hybrid at 15 per day. Company record go, absolute recommendation.

I have no idea about the vicinity. We booked hotspots in and around Marbella months in advance. So we didn't have s look at others.
Old Apr 10, 2023, 10:05 am

Just back from an eight night stay at La Zambra, 3/24-4/1. Originally booked a five night points stay (Signature Suite at 29K points/night), then added a three night points+cash stay for 300 Euro/6K points per night because we liked this property so much. Truly fantastic property with the overall experience driven by the incredible staff. Hotel occupancy was probably 30-50% during our stay but we were told that it was headed to 100% about now. We used the property as our base for day trips to Mijas Pueblo, Ronda, Jerez, Gibraltar, Cordoba, El Chorro and more. Went on to Granada for two nights where the Hotel Palacio de Santa Paula paled by comparison and was a major downgrade.

Suite was spacious and very comfortable with two large balconies. Room service and housekeeping requests were met almost instantly.

F&B was solid, with free breakfast included for all guests. Had dinner at the main dining room (Palmito) twice and also their specialty tapas dinner restaurant (Picador, excellent food and service). We also ate at a casual nearby place (Asador Otola) recommended by the bellman and a great restaurant (Casa Eladio) in old town Marbella.

La Zambra provided as good a hospitality experience as we have had anywhere. Wife is already badgering me to book a return trip.
rota likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2023, 2:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Was looking at this property as an option for a week this Summer. Following 2 great reviews I booked it (with an option for an additional 3 days).
I booked a room on points and used a SUA. Surprised to see that they give the Signature suite as standard (and not the different categories of junior suites) and that they are still easily available for cash or points?
59Impala likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2023, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by Sophoclefr
Was looking at this property as an option for a week this Summer. Following 2 great reviews I booked it (with an option for an additional 3 days).
I booked a room on points and used a SUA. Surprised to see that they give the Signature suite as standard (and not the different categories of junior suites) and that they are still easily available for cash or points?
Yes…also (pleasantly) surprised that points and points+cash suite bookings ended up in one of the highest suite categories. I’d get on board with bookings because I can’t imagine this advantageous situation is going to last very long.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 12:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
I finally cancelled the 2 weeks I had booked it for the family in August despite the good reviews here, affordable prices and easiness to use SUA to what looks to be a very nice signature suite. But afraid of the heatwave and average golf course reviews. So we will go back to Portugal where the Hyatt options are much more limited (not like if I were missing points this year)
Old Jan 9, 2024, 11:20 pm
p0n

any recent stays? thinking about doing a longer stay here but wondering if/how the hotel has changed in recent months given it being a newer addition to woh
Old Jan 17, 2024, 1:39 pm

Programs: SK Gold
Originally Posted by p0n
any recent stays? thinking about doing a longer stay here but wondering if/how the hotel has changed in recent months given it being a newer addition to woh
I stayed at La Zambra in February last year and was impressed. I am staying at La Zambra right now and am still impressed. The staff is clearly working together as a team, they almost seem like family and they can't do enough to make you feel welcome, in a very genuine way.

I had booked my stay through Mr and Mrs Smith (using gift cards purchased in the Hyatt promotion). I knew I wasn't entitled to any status benefits, but I emailed my concierge anyway asking whether I could use a SUA for my stay (it had shown up in the Hyatt app with a Hyatt reservation number). Unsurprisingly that wasn't possible, but my concierge called the property and they told her, because I had stayed before, they would upgrade me anyway. Not only did they upgrade me, but they gave me the exact same beautiful suite as last year, where I had used a SUA. Definitely one of my favourite properties in the Hyatt portfolio!

p0n is there anything in particular you would like to know?
Old Jan 17, 2024, 6:30 pm

How's the weather this time of year... assuming it's off season? Did you rent a car and drive to the property? It's on my list of places to visit this year but would love to get there by train if possible....
Old Jan 18, 2024, 7:41 am

Programs: SK Gold
Originally Posted by madderlake
How's the weather this time of year... assuming it's off season? Did you rent a car and drive to the property? It's on my list of places to visit this year but would love to get there by train if possible....
Today the high was around 19C, it's very pleasant especially considering there are snowstorms going on in other parts of Europe. I do not believe you can get here by train. A car would be very useful, if you want to get around. There really isn't that much in the close neighbourhood. The two restaurants in the hotel are very good. Picador is a top rated restaurant in the whole area. Currently it is not open for lunch (I am guessing off-season) and closed on Sundays and Mondays. For more restaurant choices one needs to go to Fuengirola. An Uber ride there is about 12 euros.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 7:46 am

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by madderlake
How's the weather this time of year...
Ive been staying in Torremolinos (about 15 miles away) for the past two weeks, the weather has mostly been very pleasant but its not super warm. Out of the two weeks, Ive only had shorts on once. Most days I have pants and long sleeves and sometimes a light jacket. I am enjoying the weather but its not typical pool or beach weather in this area right now. Its also very (pleasantly) quiet in the area compared to what I imagine the peak season is like, so in that way I think its a pleasant time to visit.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 3:33 pm
p0n

Originally Posted by Travel4Love
I stayed at La Zambra in February last year and was impressed. I am staying at La Zambra right now and am still impressed. The staff is clearly working together as a team, they almost seem like family and they can't do enough to make you feel welcome, in a very genuine way.

I had booked my stay through Mr and Mrs Smith (using gift cards purchased in the Hyatt promotion). I knew I wasn't entitled to any status benefits, but I emailed my concierge anyway asking whether I could use a SUA for my stay (it had shown up in the Hyatt app with a Hyatt reservation number). Unsurprisingly that wasn't possible, but my concierge called the property and they told her, because I had stayed before, they would upgrade me anyway. Not only did they upgrade me, but they gave me the exact same beautiful suite as last year, where I had used a SUA. Definitely one of my favourite properties in the Hyatt portfolio!

p0n is there anything in particular you would like to know?
This is exactly what I wanted to know! To see if there was a drop in quality after the first year (as many other hotels do with service/breakfast) given the glowing feedback in prior posts.

I am planning a stay where I stay mostly at the resort as a glob in feb utilizing the spa/restaurants and am looking forward to it now.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 11:26 am

I had a stay booked here last year and changed my plans and went north instead of down here and I regret it. Continual positive reports make me really wish I had kept the original itinerary. Definitely going to try and work in a trip down here now.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 1:06 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist
Had a week at the property again, leaving today. It's been wonderful, same as last year. Weather was a mess, though, all rain all week.

However, the property is stunningly beautiful and we're gonna return in july for hopefully better weather.

Still a full recommendation!
59Impala likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 1:41 am

Programs: Some
Please can you all stop letting the cat out of the bag that this is basically a Six Senses that is incorrectly branded? I would like to continue staying here at 1/4 of the price of Six Senses Ibiza - Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.