FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Premium Suite Redemptions (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/2021900-premium-suite-redemptions.html)

mbmd Jul 19, 2020 9:25 pm

Premium Suite Redemptions

Was thinking about starting a thread with jaw dropping premium suite redemptions now that they are much easier to book. The most interesting that I have seen are:
-Penthouse 3 bedroom 5000 sqft villa at the Cape thompson in cabo for 50k a night
-Zamani presidential 4800 sgft suite at PH Zanzibar for 30k a night
-Rooftop garden 1600 sqft suite at PH Siem Reap for 24k a night

Part of me isn't sure that this is a great idea to publish this as it might either 1. get yanked by the hotels or 2. get overbooked, so mods feel free to delete or make private. I've personally stayed at the later two properties, albeit in the park suite, and they were both very very nice. As a globe with a ton of points, I honestly will try to book more premium suites outright (or cash +9,000 pts per night) when traveling with my wife. I really welcome the ease of booking these and think its a great overall addition to WoH. I hopefully have a short trip in Tokyo next spring and have already secured the Governor's suite at the PH tokyo for $450 + 9,000 pts per night. Also have booked four nights at the Cape Thompson penthouse villa for next June.

tex1721 Jul 20, 2020 6:40 pm

I assume you saw Ben's posting onboarding area regarding the Thompson. I too booked a stay in the Predistnial suite for 6 adults for October. Unbeatable redemption rate given the additional benefits that come with the suite. benefits. I have emailed the hotel (waiting for a reply) regarding the transfer and cabana rental. Crossing fingers that they honor those benefits for an award stay. .

mbmd Jul 20, 2020 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by tex1721 (Post 32546581)
I assume you saw Ben's posting onboarding area regarding the Thompson. I too booked a stay in the Predistnial suite for 6 adults for October. Unbeatable redemption rate given the additional benefits that come with the suite. benefits. I have emailed the hotel (waiting for a reply) regarding the transfer and cabana rental. Crossing fingers that they honor those benefits for an award stay. .

Saw his post as well. I kept trying to pay cash for a king room and do the 9,000 pt per night upgrade there but the agents via fb kept screwing it up and quoting me like $2600 a night. It’s interesting because they were easily able to do it for the PH Tokyo: $450 a night for regular king room + 9000 pts per night to put me in the governors suite.

Ad an aside, I’ve grown too depressed about continued cancellation of international travel that I’ve postponed it until mid March. How confident are you that you’ll be able to travel in October? My big thing is that I don’t want to fork over all this cash (or pts) to just get a watered down experience at a nice hotel in the name of safety.

JetAway Jul 21, 2020 7:53 am

I've decided to wait until the middle of next year at the earliest to book "aspirational" travel. Vaccines should be available by then but it will take awhile for hotels, airlines, etc. to get back to some semblance of normal. I don't want to waste points on a premium suite unless I can get maximum enjoyment from it.

tex1721 Jul 21, 2020 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by mbmd (Post 32546595)
Saw his post as well. I kept trying to pay cash for a king room and do the 9,000 pt per night upgrade there but the agents via fb kept screwing it up and quoting me like $2600 a night. It’s interesting because they were easily able to do it for the PH Tokyo: $450 a night for regular king room + 9000 pts per night to put me in the governors suite.

Ad an aside, I’ve grown too depressed about continued cancellation of international travel that I’ve postponed it until mid March. How confident are you that you’ll be able to travel in October? My big thing is that I don’t want to fork over all this cash (or pts) to just get a watered down experience at a nice hotel in the name of safety.

too bad about the cash+ points rate, that would have been a very good deal.

I am confident that Mexico will remain open, as they are today. I have no issue with wearing a mask indoors (when not eating/drinking) so I dont really see a watered down experience to be had here. The opposite would occur if you had to wear one outside.

As an aside, I went to Destin in mid June and had a great time for a week with the family, again no watered down experience. I would no be going to LA/NYC/Miami etc.

lincoln boy Jul 21, 2020 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by mbmd (Post 32544174)
Was thinking about starting a thread with jaw dropping premium suite redemptions now that they are much easier to book. The most interesting that I have seen are:
-Penthouse 3 bedroom 5000 sqft villa at the Cape thompson in cabo for 50k a night
-Zamani presidential 4800 sgft suite at PH Zanzibar for 30k a night
-Rooftop garden 1600 sqft suite at PH Siem Reap for 24k a night

Part of me isn't sure that this is a great idea to publish this as it might either 1. get yanked by the hotels or 2. get overbooked, so mods feel free to delete or make private. I've personally stayed at the later two properties, albeit in the park suite, and they were both very very nice. As a globe with a ton of points, I honestly will try to book more premium suites outright (or cash +9,000 pts per night) when traveling with my wife. I really welcome the ease of booking these and think its a great overall addition to WoH. I hopefully have a short trip in Tokyo next spring and have already secured the Governor's suite at the PH tokyo for $450 + 9,000 pts per night. Also have booked four nights at the Cape Thompson penthouse villa for next June.

FYI, The Cape penthouse suite is no longer available to book with points. They pulled that out last night.

xooz Jul 21, 2020 4:03 pm

I assume the point rebate currently in effect also applies to suite bookings?

mbmd Jul 21, 2020 4:24 pm

Yes, but you must complete travel during the promo period.

mbmd Jul 21, 2020 4:30 pm

I live in Manhattan and have to say that its probably one of the best times to visit the city as long as long as you're not traveling from one of 30ish states banned. The COVID numbers are the lowest they've been and much lower than the remainder of the country. I have a suspicion that we (NYC) has hit some sort of herd immunity. The tourists are currently non-existent. It's such a unique time to experience the city as many of the "attractions" opened this week without throngs of tourists throughout the city.

Yas46377 Jul 21, 2020 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by lincoln boy (Post 32548434)
FYI, The Cape penthouse suite is no longer available to book with points. They pulled that out last night.

What are the chances that after things die down they might allow the Penthouse to be booked with points again in the future? I was able to book 1 night while waiting for points to transfer to book 2 more nights. They finally did but now it's too late it seems. So not sure what I should do with these points now or the trip.

lamont2718 Jul 22, 2020 11:15 am

Originally Posted by Yas46377 (Post 32549417)
What are the chances that after things die down they might allow the Penthouse to be booked with points again in the future?

Unlikely.

atlion25 Jul 22, 2020 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by mbmd (Post 32546595)

To book a 9K upgrade at a Hyatt resort you typically have to book a higher room than the base room at the Standard rate. That's likely why you were able to get the PH Tokyo at that rate, but not the Thompson.

From Hyatt

In order to redeem a Suite Upgrade Award at a Hyatt resort, a Member must pay the Standard Rate for a minimum of a deluxe room (such as partial ocean view, ocean view, slope view, Dreamcatcher or Sunrise room, etc.). In order to redeem a Suite Upgrade Award at a Hyatt hotel (that is not a resort), a Member must pay the Standard Rate for a minimum of a standard room. (PLEASE NOTE: The distinction between a Hyatt resort and a Hyatt hotel may not always be obvious when making reservations online and Members considering use of a Suite Upgrade Award are encouraged to make their reservation by calling a Hyatt Global Contact Center. (Please visit hyatt.com for contact information.))

I ran into this issue when trying to book a hotel in Hawaii

bosman Jul 23, 2020 12:16 pm

Allowing online suite redemptions will certainly make me consider this option much more frequently than the call in system. Time to lean into my Chase Hyatt CC to get more points!

xooz Jul 25, 2020 9:43 am

Originally Posted by bosman (Post 32553550)
Allowing online suite redemptions will certainly make me consider this option much more frequently than the call in system. Time to lean into my Chase Hyatt CC to get more points!

The Chase Freedom Unlimited (no annual fee) card gets 1.5 pts/$ and is where I put my non-bonus spend to accrue for Hyatt. Does require a Chase Sapphire Preferred or Reserve card to affect transfer of the points though.

SFCAmom Feb 22, 2021 5:01 pm

Question on suite upgrade with points on paid rate

Anyone know if the 9k pts/night premium suite upgrades on paid rates applicable on Hyatt Prive promotion rates? Ie if the property is offering a 3rd night free promo only through Hyatt Prive (which is usually the standard rate), can I ask WOH to confirm to a premium suite if that award is available for 9k pts/night? Or must I only book through WOH (both the rate and premium suite upgrade)?