Premium Suite Redemptions

Old Feb 22, 21, 5:13 pm

Question on suite upgrade with points on paid rate

Anyone know if the 9k pts/night premium suite upgrades on paid rates applicable on Hyatt Prive promotion rates? Ie if the property is offering a 3rd night free promo only through Hyatt Prive (which is tusually the standard rate), can I ask WOH to confirm to a premium suite if that award is available for 9k pts/night? Or must I only book through WOH (both the rate and premium suite upgrade)?
lautaro likes this.
Old Feb 22, 21, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globe, AA EXP, Marriott Gold
Just ask Hyatt.

Probably should work as long as its a "standard" rate.
Old Feb 28, 21, 2:27 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, AA PLT for Life
I'm unaware how one learns which of these upgrades is available?

Is there some guidance on how to find them without booking and then asking for the upgrade?
Old Feb 28, 21, 3:34 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, WN A-List/CP, HH Dia, Hyatt Glob, National ECE, Hertz PC
In theory you can search the website, search for awards and if it shows Standard and Premium Suite awards available you should be able to upgrade as well.
rogo likes this.
Old Feb 28, 21, 9:04 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro, EY Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I was told by Hyatt that you cannot do the 6/9k point upgrades to suites on Prive rates. Hoping that changes someday soon!

Originally Posted by SFCAmom View Post
Anyone know if the 9k pts/night premium suite upgrades on paid rates applicable on Hyatt Prive promotion rates? Ie if the property is offering a 3rd night free promo only through Hyatt Prive (which is tusually the standard rate), can I ask WOH to confirm to a premium suite if that award is available for 9k pts/night? Or must I only book through WOH (both the rate and premium suite upgrade)?
Old Feb 28, 21, 11:35 pm

Programs: LH, WoH, Bonvoy, ALL, SH-L
Ask the HyattConcierge twitter team, they can let you know before you book.
Old Mar 1, 21, 2:44 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by SFCAmom View Post
Originally Posted by Chgo2AD View Post
I was told by Hyatt that you cannot do the 6/9k point upgrades to suites on Prive rates. Hoping that changes someday soon!
I suggest reviewing the Master Thread on this topic: Experiences - Point Upgrades to Premium Suites

Based on the experiences, the "rack" or "standard" rate needs to be paid in order to upgrade with 9k points. Corp codes don't work. Priv rates will not work either.
@peteropny, would suggest merging this thread to the master thread.
Old Mar 1, 21, 3:47 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum
Aren't Prive rates the standard rates?

Originally Posted by 59Impala View Post
I suggest reviewing the Master Thread on this topic: Experiences - Point Upgrades to Premium Suites

Based on the experiences, the "rack" or "standard" rate needs to be paid in order to upgrade with 9k points. Corp codes don't work. Priv rates will not work either.
@peteropny, would suggest merging this thread to the master thread.
Old Mar 1, 21, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by Richey66 View Post
Aren't Prive rates the standard rates?
At the risk of sounding ridiculous, Prive rates are the same price as the Standard Rates, but they are not Standard Rates. Only the actual rate labelled Standard Rate is the Standard Rate.
Old Mar 1, 21, 7:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by stargold View Post
At the risk of sounding ridiculous, Prive rates are the same price as the Standard Rates, but they are not Standard Rates. Only the actual rate labelled Standard Rate is the Standard Rate.
Right. If they were the same as Standard Rates, what would be the point?
Old Mar 2, 21, 7:25 pm

The 9K upgrade is so strange!

I inquired about The Cape in Los Cabos; twitter concierge told me the 9K upgrade suite is the 1 bedroom villa with ocean view, plus $919 per night before tax.

Standard flexible rate for that room on the dates I asked about (in Nov) is $859.

I sort of assumed the 9K would be added to the base room (at $509) or the deluxe base room ($559). Obviously I was wrong!
Old Mar 2, 21, 7:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum (LTG), Hilton Gold, United 1K, AA EXP, AS MVP 75K
Originally Posted by gr2020 View Post

I inquired about The Cape in Los Cabos; twitter concierge told me the 9K upgrade suite is the 1 bedroom villa with ocean view, plus $919 per night before tax.

Standard flexible rate for that room on the dates I asked about (in Nov) is $859.

I sort of assumed the 9K would be added to the base room (at $509) or the deluxe base room ($559). Obviously I was wrong!
Same here for Park Hyatt St. Kitts. The rate for the Plunge Pool Suite ($780) was marginally more than the required Standard rate ($755) + 9K points. Im guessing that to get outsized value the hotel will have to offer up their most premium suites (Presidential, etc) that seemed more commonplace when this program was rolled out. Now its often just 1-2 levels above the standard suite.
Hydro88 likes this.
Old Mar 2, 21, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by gr2020 View Post

It should be the entry level room price plus the 9k points per night. Or 6k per night if looking at a standard suite.
Old Mar 3, 21, 10:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; AA ExPlat; Hilton Diamond
Suite upgrade on points (9k or 6k) require a minimum standard rate booking on for deluxe room at resorts. It does not work on standard rate booked in the most entry level room. Only for non resorts can you book the entry level room and upgrade on points.
Old Mar 3, 21, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by SFOvacations View Post
Suite upgrade on points (9k or 6k) require a minimum standard rate booking on for deluxe room at resorts. It does not work on standard rate booked in the most entry level room. Only for non resorts can you book the entry level room and upgrade on points.
Is this new? I've done this many times, most recently at the Park Hyatt Chicago,Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi (resort) and Park Hyatt Dubai (also a resort). Paid the flexible rate on a standard king bed and paid the 6,000/9,000 points for the suite upgrade.

Search this Thread