Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

15-25% point rebate on WOH award stays through (Jan 4) plus free parking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 8, 2021, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
When will my 15% (/25% for WOH card holders) rebate post?

Rebates usually post every Monday/Tuesday and cover stays where the stay posts (/shows up in your account) by Sunday.

This is a rebate and not a discount - you will have to pay the full points amount up front and then wait for the rebate points to be credited after check out date.

The rebate promotion applies for stays with a checkout date up to and including 2/28/21.

Print Wikipost

15-25% point rebate on WOH award stays through (Jan 4) plus free parking

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2020, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by juncakes
DP - 25% rebate for GOH booking hasn’t hit account. Been 4 days since checkout. Abovementioned DP suggests rebate did hit for GOH booking. Odd.
Did you ever get the rebate for GoH booking?
Old Oct 3, 2020, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Thats great to hear! Hopefully it’s not a one off, I have a GOH stay booked in a week or so I’ll definitely post back. Was considering booking it as a 2nd room to get the rebate, but no guarantee of benefits then.
Did your GoH booking get the rebate?
Old Oct 5, 2020, 4:54 pm

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Wow, I'd completely forgotten about this promotion since it was going to expire before my trip, and I didn't hear it had been extended - I guess now it applies to my 5-night award stay at the Hyatt Ziva Cancun (11/30-12-5). Looks like I won't be out of Hyatt points after all...
Old Oct 10, 2020, 8:25 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by JustinTJ
Hey bud, just fill this out: https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...t-request.html

If the refund hasn't posted but the stay has, just do the bonus credit radio button.

Miraval is on a different system from the rest of the Hyatt world so the points are granted manually. They get stuck. I had to do it as well.
I just called WoH about my Miraval stay. The rep told me that Miraval stay would appear in their system 14 days after checkout. Probably that's only for qualifying nights and brand explorer. The point rebates may need another call.
JustinTJ likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by a5un
I just called WoH about my Miraval stay. The rep told me that Miraval stay would appear in their system 14 days after checkout. Probably that's only for qualifying nights and brand explorer. The point rebates may need another call.
Qualifying nights and brand explorer showed up less than a week. My rebate finally showed up 4 weeks after check out.
Friend checked out 2 days later than me and his only took 2 weeks.
JustinTJ likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2020, 4:22 pm
tsz

For those looking for data points, I made a GOH booking back in August and the rebate never posted. Got the runaround when I tried to follow-up: Concierge told me to wait 4 - 6 weeks, and later when I called after that the phone agent told me to wait 8 weeks. The phone agent at the time did ask a supervisor and was told that GOH stays ARE eligible, and I had them notate the reservation just in case.

8 weeks have gone by, and now a new phone agent says GOH stays are not eligible per terms and conditions. She read off the T&C from her end and that it states "award transfers and guest of honor reservations are not eligible." Fortunately, she did see that someone had told me previously that my GOH stay was eligible, so after 30 minutes on hold and multiple supervisor consultations, they manually posted the points to the account. There was a separate fight about what the maximum # of points per transaction is—it's technically 60,000 if you have a WOH credit card, and 30,000 if you don't. In my case, the 25% rebate totals 36,000 points and they initially wouldn't give me more than 30,000 despite me having a WOH card.

Long story short, while the customer-facing T&C does not explicitly exclude Guest of Honor stays, it seems that at least *some* internal documents have language that explicitly excludes GOH stays. Tread carefully and if anyone tells you that your stay IS eligible have them notate the reservation.

Last edited by tsz; Oct 18, 2020 at 3:59 pm
Old Oct 17, 2020, 7:58 pm

There was a separate fight about what the maximum # of points per transaction is—it's technically 60,000 if you have a WOH credit card, and 30,000 if you don't. In my case, the 25% rebate totals 36,000 points and they initially wouldn't give me more than 30,000 despite me having a WOH card.

60k cap is per stay, not per the duration of promo, yes?

Last edited by maddyperrier68; Oct 17, 2020 at 8:06 pm
Old Oct 17, 2020, 11:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by maddyperrier68
There was a separate fight about what the maximum # of points per transaction is—it's technically 60,000 if you have a WOH credit card, and 30,000 if you don't. In my case, the 25% rebate totals 36,000 points and they initially wouldn't give me more than 30,000 despite me having a WOH card.

Yes per stay for WOH CC Holders
Old Oct 18, 2020, 3:59 pm
tsz

Originally Posted by maddyperrier68

It is per transaction—if you book more than one room per stay, each room would count as a separate transaction (at least it did for me). For example, I booked 2 rooms at Miraval, both under my name (NOT guest of honor), and was able to get 47,500 points back for each room automatically, totaling 95,000 points back for the stay.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by fr33b13
Did you ever get the rebate for GoH booking?
No, it did not. I reached out to CS and they referred me to point #10 on the FAQ section of the promo. Any other DPs of successful rebate for a GOH booking?
Old Nov 23, 2020, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
None for me on a stay a week ago. Was hoping they would post today since they seem to be doing that update each Monday.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 2:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
None for me on a stay a week ago. Was hoping they would post today since they seem to be doing that update each Monday.
Check back tonight they’ve usually posted later in the day rather than the morning.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
I've been watching the rates and while this is a nice little rebate it doesn't reflect in any way what happened to the revenue rates that have pretty much collapsed.

Booking pretty much any Hyatt on points doesn't make much sense these days and more or less forces members to pay cash because using points would be a total waste. I wish they would price awards more fairly such as Hilton and IHG do it right now.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
I've been watching the rates and while this is a nice little rebate it doesn't reflect in any way what happened to the revenue rates that have pretty much collapsed.

Booking pretty much any Hyatt on points doesn't make much sense these days and more or less forces members to pay cash because using points would be a total waste. I wish they would price awards more fairly such as Hilton and IHG do it right now.
No I would rather having a fixed award chart vs dynamic pricing 100% of the time. Dynamic is never a good thing. It gives them too much power to instantly devalue. The strength of Hyatt program so far has been their transparency with category change and predictability. There are plenty of good value out there such as cat 1s (4k/night with rebate), miracle (huge discount combined with bogo), ventana, ziva/zilara. Park Hyatts are probably cheaper now to just pay cash vs using points, but I would never want to pay 10x points for peak pricing in exchange for slightly lower rates during low capacity times.
UA-NYC and strickerj like this.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 8:06 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
I I wish they would price awards more fairly such as Hilton and IHG do it right now.
Screw that idea.
AndyKehn likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.