Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Times Square not cleaning between guests during Covid?

Old Jun 30, 20, 10:43 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold

This was a bit surprising given their clean commitment.

https://nypost.com/2020/06/29/high-e...anging-sheets/

Last edited by ryandc99; Jun 30, 20 at 10:59 am
Old Jun 30, 20, 10:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite*; WoH Dis
A rep for the Trump International Hotel denied Inside Edition’s findings.
True to their namesake, denying the facts.

I hope all these findings go straight to the Department of Health.
Old Jun 30, 20, 10:51 am

Not surprising at all. Anyone who seriously thinks properties are going to change anything is kidding themselves. Even before this hysteria, people already did gross things in hotels, brought sicknesses into them, etc and housekeepers should have been cleaning and changing items. However, everyone has always known they largely do not, at least not to the degree they should. This is a result of being understaffed, overworked, underpaid and general human laziness. Suddenly now because we have airborne ebola apparently, people are dumb enough to think they are going to steam blast and hand sanitize every corner of the room every night? Please. This is frankly exactly what I expected before, today and tomorrow.
BearX220, bbbb and CodeAdam10 like this.
Old Jun 30, 20, 1:35 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Originally Posted by mahasamatman View Post
True to their namesake, denying the facts.

I hope all these findings go straight to the Department of Health.
Look, at least they changed the sheets and towels. That is more than the other hotels did... perplexed they did not change the pillow case.. where did that go while they changed the sheets, on the floor? Wow... anyway, not saying it is right, but the fact is, the Trump Hotel performed better than the other two... they all still failed.

These findings should not surprise anyone. Travel at your own risk. Inspect your room. Nothing different than before. Given surface contamination is not as much of a concern for Coronavirus as initially thought, it is still a risk for other viruses/sicknesses as it always has been.

Getting to the point where hotels can't even get staff to make beds/change sheets properly. Maybe they should just distribute sheets to guests at check in, in sealed plastic bags, and guests make their own bed.

I am a little curious how the news story was able to check in the next day and get the exact same room. Aren't there rules that rooms are supposed to be vacant for a certain number of days between guests and vacant for a certain number of hours/days before housekeeping even enters the room? Or do those not apply in NY?
wrldwide1 likes this.
Old Jun 30, 20, 5:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite*; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by storewanderer View Post
the Trump Hotel performed better than the other two... they all still failed.
A failure is still a failure and a threat to public health. At least the other hotels acknowledged the failure and promised to work toward a solution.
TravisMT81 likes this.
Old Jul 1, 20, 7:58 am

I would think they would be on top of it given their clean commitment but thatís shocking!
Old Jul 1, 20, 8:09 am

Programs: Lifetime titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Stayed recently for $75 and it was fine. I am sure Hyatt Corp is on top of this given this negative publicity. So Is probably a good time to stay there.
Note the surrounding area is a bit sketchy. As there is no breakfast, there are places around to grab a quick bite. I would skip bagel/cream cheese from the deli down the street - it was hard as a rock.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: