FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Park Hyatt Suzhou MASTER - REVIEW THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/2019056-park-hyatt-suzhou-master-review-thread.html)

Privateupgrades Jun 5, 2020 7:03 am

Park Hyatt Suzhou MASTER - REVIEW THREAD

Hyatt opened Suzhou Park Hyatt in China on May 29, 2020. Suzhou is located 15 km north of Shanghai and offers culture and history. The Classical Garden of Suzhou is on the UNESCO World Heritage Site list.The hotel has 178 rooms and comes in a modern style.I'm looking forward to feedback as soon as someone can do a review here

SanDiego1K Jun 5, 2020 9:24 am

That's great news. I like Suzhou and it's wonderful old gardens. It's great we will now have a Hyatt there. It's 84 km due west of Shanghai and I've gone both by car and train.

CIT85 Jun 5, 2020 3:02 pm

According to the Hyatt map, the Park Hyatt is close to the Hyatt Regency in the new section of Suzhou, next to Jinji Lake. I selected Marriott instead of HR when I went to Suzhou a couple of years ago because of location.

RedSun Jun 6, 2020 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by Privateupgrades (Post 32431674)
Hyatt opened Suzhou Park Hyatt in China on May 29, 2020. Suzhou is located 15 km north of Shanghai and offers culture and history. The Classical Garden of Suzhou is on the UNESCO World Heritage Site list.The hotel has 178 rooms and comes in a modern style.I'm looking forward to feedback as soon as someone can do a review here

The Garden is popular. But it is lack of maintenance and is always very crowded. We like the Taihu area where the new Marriott and Re are located. That is more a resort and tourist area.

SHLTP Dec 29, 2020 5:28 am

This hotel is spectacular. I can't say enough good things about it. I will be a regular here.

1) the rooms are fabulous. I am in an Executive Suite and my family loves it. Both the kid and the wife said this is one of their favorite rooms they've stayed in. It is luxurious, elegant and well-appointed. I love the layout and colors. If you can swing it, definitely book the executive suite.

2) the service is great. The executive chef special made food for my kid and me. They also arranged a special order for some food that I like to have everyday. Overall staff are great.

They arranged cherries and other special food types they know my kid likes.

3) gym is well stocked. There are barbells and dumbells that go to 22 kgs. The gym is huge with lots of space to exercise. You can have a serious workout here.

The jacuzzi and sauna area are nice but not hot enough for me.

4) location I like a lot as it's right on the lake in a new development area. However, it is far away from museum and garden - 40-50 rmb taxi. But I like the area and there are huge malls within a 10 minute walk. There are not enough local restaurants and bars etc within a close walk of hotel of that is important to you.

Overall this is a real winner. It's only category 3 right now and cheap. I expect once covid is over it'll bounce up to category 5 and be expensive. This is one of the best hotel deals in the world right now.

Awesome rooms, great service and excellent food. What else can one ask for? 2 big thumbs up

SHLTP Jan 28, 2021 12:11 am

Stayed here again this week. Property remains excellent - staff remembered my preferences on food, gym issues and the such. It's a well run hotel with excellent service and excellent software. Overall, I love this property and will come here all the time. It took me 1 hour and 30 minutes or so driving from Lujiazui. Hopefully the city borders will open soon, ie CNY travel restrictions not too onerous, and I can come back in February. If not, i will be back in March.

It's one of my favorite properties around.

SHLTP Feb 4, 2021 8:01 am

Came back again to complete my mattress run for Globalist (3 times this month). This time I took a park suite w terrace (last two times executive suite).

The terrace has stunning views of the lake and would be a great place for a mini party. If you can afford it, book either suite. They are top of the line. It's my vision of a specialty suite.

Service remains excellent. After this stay I'll have requalified for Globalist. But I'll still come here - cheaper and better than any of the Shanghai Hyatts.

​​​​​​

SHLTP Feb 8, 2021 2:40 am

No one seems interested in this property, but I just extended my stay (3rd time here in last month or so) to 8 nights. I've been doing business meetings from my terrace. At the risk of having too many people come here, it really is a jewel. 1 of my favorite properties globally. Seriously, it is that good.

hotelfanatic Feb 8, 2021 7:40 am

Must say the pictures do looking amazing on the website. Too bad Covid prevents many from outside China going there. And I understand is difficult traveling within china also. Hence not many reviews here.

SkyElite Mar 5, 2021 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by SHLTP (Post 33023082)
No one seems interested in this property, but I just extended my stay (3rd time here in last month or so) to 8 nights. I've been doing business meetings from my terrace. At the risk of having too many people come here, it really is a jewel. 1 of my favorite properties globally. Seriously, it is that good.

Based on your reviews I booked it using points for September. Got basic status with Hyatt so wouldn't expect anything, though I will try to upgrade to a nicer view if possible.

After that we plan on moving to an "in-town" AirBnb place on PingJiang Road in the old town.

SHLTP Mar 5, 2021 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by SkyElite (Post 33080235)
Based on your reviews I booked it using points for September. Got basic status with Hyatt so wouldn't expect anything, though I will try to upgrade to a nicer view if possible.

After that we plan on moving to an "in-town" AirBnb place on PingJiang Road in the old town.

I hope you enjoy. I went back again. I suggest paying the extra points if you can for a suite w a terrace or for a regular room that is lake facing.

I'm trying to get my better half to let me go again in 2 weeks for a short r&r. Enjoy!

SHLTP Apr 23, 2021 7:35 am

Delete

SHLTP Jan 2, 2022 5:13 pm

I ended up staying 40 nights at this hotel in 2020. I love it as much now as I did when I first posted. I highly recommend it but make sure to hook the Terrace Suites or Executive Suites. Both are special.

SHLTP Jun 17, 2023 2:18 pm

Finished up another stay here last week before visiting NY this week - property remains awesome. I've done about 70 nights here now. I've tried about 8 different suite configurations.

I recommend getting the terrace suites that end 18. I like the angle of the living room and these absolutely enormous outside terraces. The suites ending in 19 are nice as well but I don't like the angle of the suites as much, typically two long sides rather than one giant rectangle of a suite.

1006 is the exec suite which I love as its huge - it's like my 2nd home - but doesn't have any windows that open or a terrace. That's the one downside. So if it's raining or too hot, I take 1006. If it's cool and sunny enough to sit outside, I like there x18 terrace suites.

​​​THe food has taken a slight step up w pecans served at breakfast and berries. This remains my favorite Hyatt property

thereisnoaddress Sep 9, 2023 7:09 am

seems like I can't book this through FHR?